tell me why our D isn't...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
btcutter;2299115 said:
like the Raven's, Steelers or the Bears????????????

I watch these defenses play and they play with a sense of urgency. They tackle and hit with ferocity that I just don't see with the boy's D. We have just as much talent on D as any of these teams.

The other D seems to love to play D and look for the next big hit, play, INT or score. Where as our D look and pray to get off the field so our Offense can't play.

Damn, don't we have a butt load of talent at CBs so why are we not pressing instead of that damn soft zone that's killing us slowly. :bang2:

When was the last time that you were excited to see our D on the field? When did you ever trusted this D to stop a 4th and 1 let alone a 3rd and 2 or 3. This D doesn't strike fear into opponents and doesn't exude confidence.

Isn't Wade hired for his Defensive genius?? step it UP!

we don't tackle in the off season.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
superpunk;2300020 said:
The last time I remember seeing that swarm was when Dallas sported a completely different philosophy. We used to be undersized and quick, and swarm to the ball. I don't think it's coincidence that the only person we really see that out of now is Zach Thomas.

Now we're a large imposing team full of big people in the front seven, except for Zach of course. You're gonna see different results.

I'd love to see us play like Washington's defense - playing over our potential, rather than under it.

I miss Dat and Dexter. Those were some linebackers. Not like the pansies James, Carpenter and Burnett.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dave_in-NC;2300241 said:
Strong arm when needed and knew who to coddle when needed.

Phillips is just a fluff guy.
Didn't we have that in Parcells? At least, I thought so.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2300305 said:
I think he had his pets.

Sure he did, but he wasn't scared of his players and he didn't let the inmates rule the prison.

rangers71

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;2300256 said:
I miss Dat and Dexter. Those were some linebackers. Not like the pansies James, Carpenter and Burnett.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding. Our inside linebackers suck. We also play more zone because we are safties are not that great. They are afraid they will get beat deep if we play mostly man so we play zone. I think we can all agree that Roy and Watkins are capable of giving up the big play.