Tell me why you’d pay Dak?

DcFootball4

Reaction score
All football decisions are made and or approved by JJ, He has said it many times, if you want to believe someone else made a pick that JJ didn't approve of you are fooling yourself, JJ is owner and GM you can figure out the rest.

I am saying Stephen and McClay have a huge influence, it is pretty obvious on how things are done now. Yes, I do believe others influence JJ on the picks. If JJ ran the show fully, we would be in cap hell like always before. We have dug out of that by not spending stupid, is that JJ finally learning how the cap works? I am a bit more inclined to believe he had some help.

droopdog7

Reaction score
At this point I wouldn't. But the question is premature. We'll have two more years to make up our mind. By then, we'll know what we have an act accordingly.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If he doesn't turn out to be the QB of the future, you pay him as a backup QB - which is what he was drafted for anyway.
you can't keep him if he isn't the guy. he & the team would need to move on. New QB would need a clean slate without Dak lurking over his shoulder.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think any comments that have been made by Booger or IBC about his potential contract/salary is just all talk and showing support. I believe there were doubters in coaching and management from the get go and that has not gone away.

Here's their challenge. If they decide he's not the franchise but is a good backup, how does that play out? Think he'd accept that?

And what needs to happen in order for him to crack a top 10 QB contract? What if the team performs well, mainly because of the defense, but he resembles a mid level 2nd Tier QB?

All of the excuse making for these <200 yard games and low scoring games, do they take the chance and sign him or do they do a Cousins deal like the Skins did? He doesn't have an option so they will have to tag him if they do not give him what he's expecting.

I do not think the fat lady is even warming up yet on this because make a mistake on the franchise QB and that's the gift that keeps on giving.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this point I wouldn't. But the question is premature. We'll have two more years to make up our mind. By then, we'll know what we have an act accordingly.
Are you counting this as the first of the two? He's up after 19. And coincidentally, so is the HC and OC.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Are you counting this as the first of the two? He's up after 19. And coincidentally, so is the HC and OC.
I am. The rest of this year and all of next year should be more than enough sample to make a decision.