Tell me why you’d pay Dak?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Face it, this thread is what Streetwise indicated. Nobody is talking about giving Dak a $100 million contract, yet the OP made that up for the purpose of bashing Dak and Jerry over something that isn't real. A person doesn't have to be particularly fond of either Dak or Jerry to recognize that.
Omer i would not pay him 20+ Million a year either..until he shows he can throw consistently successfully from the pocket

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Fortunately, they don't have to. He's got two years to go.

Unfortunately, we have to sit through those two years as it plays out into almost certain disaster.
I think if we move on from Garrett we may move on from Dak as well. Dak, as a 3 year starter with one year left on a 4th round contract would have some trade value. Me may poo poo his trade value, but Tyrod Taylor went for a 3rd, so we should be able to get a day 2 for Dak if we went that direction.

I think its the smart move if we are buying a franchise QB in next years draft

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He can’t throw guys open.

He can’t accurately throw Down field.

He doesn’t make WR’s and TE’s better around
him.

He holds on to the ball too long.

If things aren’t going perfect for him he looks like a deer in headlights.

We have all admitted he is not good when Zeke isn’t dominating.

So my question is why are we going to pay this guy 100 million dollars ?

Dak estimated worth today is around 9 million they say. The Gods smiled big time for him now that his 15 min are up he will ride into the sunset a wealthy man.......Say thank you Dak to the Star ........

P.S. Forget any possibilities of Dak getting a contract of 100 million unless he kidnaps Jerry and is paid to send him back to us so our misery can continue.....

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
He is not getting no $100M contract regardless of what the street values are for starting QB's. Depending on the playout of rest of this year, we could be using a top pick on a QB in the draft.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Folks,

In Sunday's game, we all saw the play where Jarwin was down the seam all alone. Dak was breaking away towards the line of scrimmage. He makes a split second decision and throws the ball to Jarwin. The decision wasn't a bad one. What was bad was the throw.

If this was Prescott's rookie season, in his inaugural game, I could understand this being a rookie mistake.

However, when you are STARTING YOUR 3RD SEASON WITH A COUPLE OF FULL OFF SEASONS TO WORK ON MECHANICS - THIS IS A HUGE RED FLAG!

It wasn't just this play. There were receivers open on a number of occasions and when he found them, most of the time the pass was off one way or another.

Sorry folks, I saw a lot more Quincy Carter on Sunday than Tony Romo.

I 100% agree. When all the WR numbers fell last year it was Dez's fault. Dak could not be Dak because Dez was in his ear. When Dez's catch dropped the last two years it was Dez and the fact this offense does not need a #1. Now people are seeing Dak is usually late getting the ball out, or he is high, low, or sacked. His mechanics have actually gotten worse because he does not have anyone that can break him of bad habits or that can see he has bad habits. When he wants to throw with zip he loads up like baseball short stop trying make the long throw to 1st base, his foot spacing is mess, he throws more with upper body than with his legs. Quincy actually threw a beetr bass than him, yes they were flutterballs but he was more accurate. He is scared to make throws into tight coverage unless he has an "out" as in he knows it will most likely be incomplete if he "misses". He will never make the two throws Cam made where cam had a LB underneath and a DB behind his man and he zipped it in there within inches of Lee's diving hands.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I would have brought in a capable vet who would hold Dak accountable and push for his job. Instead, we got Cooper Rush.
Who exactly did you have in mind. I have little more faith in Bridgewater but not a lot. Only Vet out there I would have traded for is Fitz. Dak has had mediocre back ups since he has been in the league, Sanchise, Moore

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

him.

Do you really think this is a valid question right now?
:huh:

blueblood70

Reaction score
16mil over 2yrs soothing like Tyrod got is all hes ESARNED at this point..no way he gets the franchise money being thrown around when hes obviously a second tier guy..

Brax

Reaction score

him.

Because Jerry will pay him as he keeps saying how great he is. Jerrry has overpaid for so many players, everyone must come to grips with the FACT that Jerry is a football genius and he is a legend in his own mind, hall of fame, you all remember the deals and decisions of the football immortal JJ (a short list), jimmy johnson, barber, roy williams, carver, quincy, galloway, claiborne, goodrich, bobby, ekuban, not to mention henson , pay TO then cut him. and that is why JJ will pay Dak ; because HE CAN

erod

Reaction score
I really don't know how good/bad he is or could be
with a good HC, OC and QB coach?

Guys were wide open Sunday that he missed horribly. No coach can fix that. He just can't throw a football consistently.

Brax

Reaction score
Dude, if you haven't noticed, Stephen has a say.. stupid spending/trades/non-cuts are behind us.
"Dude" JJ runs the team, if you believe Stephen tells Jerry what to do you have to realize all football decisions are made by Jerry period

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Who exactly did you have in mind. I have little more faith in Bridgewater but not a lot. Only Vet out there I would have traded for is Fitz. Dak has had mediocre back ups since he has been in the league, Sanchise, Moore

AJ McCarron
Teddy Bridgewater
Josh McCown
RGIII
Mike Glennon
Fitz
Matt Moore

None of those guys are world beaters, but a couple of them could push for a starting job here.