Tell me your favorite mixed drink

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Damned good food too.
Yes sir. I can't remember if they sold, or went out of business (there's no way; it was always packed). I heard they changed directions, and simply just changed it into another restaurant. If that's true, that was a terrible mistake.

Hardline

Reaction score
Mine is a well-made Mojito. There used to be a Cuban restaurant in Dallas called Cuba Libre that sold them by the pitcher, and they were amazing.
I love strawberry mojitos.
Strawberry and crushed mint are amazingly good together.

John813

Reaction score
Long Island Ice Tea.

Get it at the bar, ****'s tough to make right.

Big_D

Reaction score
I like a good Pina Colada. Float a shot of dark rum on top. That’s a vacation mode type of drink!

Hoov

Reaction score
Old Fashioned

teaspoon of sugar or a cube
few dashes of bitters
2oz of a good bourbon

In a rocks glass, put sugar, a cherry and an orange wedge and mash them up good. Add the bitters, stir and top with ice. Pour the bourbon over the top then a gentle stir :thumbup:
The Old Fashioned is my go to for mixed drink.

I’ll add an interesting drink I got from an old movie -

Mexican Missle:

How I make it -

2 oz Tequila
2 oz Gin
Ice
Stir.

The Gin and Tequila balance each other nicely.

Can add a lime wedge if you like. I typically don’t.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That is what I've gone to. Being a slight diabetic now, I have to watch the sugar, so I get a Vodka Splash. Vodka, club soda, and just a splash of cranberry.

When it's really hot outside, I now do a Gin Twist instead of a Gin n Tonic. Tonic water is basically soda water. Loaded w/ sugar. So, it's gin, club soda, and a splash of margarita mix.

Often times I simply pour some whiskey on the rocks. Never thought I'd partake, but I've been drinking some flavored whiskey last few years. Peach Crown or maybe Fireball poured on ice.
If you haven't tried Jack Fire, I recommend that over Fireball. It's much smoother.

Hardline

Reaction score
Long Island Ice Tea.

Get it at the bar, ****'s tough to make right.
There is a bar I go to down in the Fort Worth Stockyards that makes a variation of a Long Island iced tea called a Texas tea. I don't know what the difference in the way they are made but the Texas tea is much better.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There is a bar I go to down in the Fort Worth Stockyards that makes a variation of a Long Island iced tea called a Texas tea. I don't know what the difference in the way they are made but the Texas tea is much better.
Texas tea has tequila in it, the only difference.

kskboys

Reaction score
Tonic water contains quinine and is excellent if you get leg cramps at night. A lot of people do not like the taste but tonic with a twist of lime is very refreshing.
Yes, but only w/o the sugar. Sugar causes leg cramping.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I'm mainly a bourbon drinker and usually just on the rocks. If I'm making cocktails I like Old Fashions and Kentucky Mules. Mint and whiskey go well together. I also really like Palomas which is just Tequila, lime juice, and Squirt or Jarrito's grapefruit. They're really refreshing drinks.

rags747

Reaction score
Captain n Coke would be the daily, frozen rum runner with a floater will work too!

gtb1943

Reaction score
1/3 Coke classic; 1/3 Fosters REAL Lager (not the imported piss); 1/3 Southern Comfort. Gets you lubricated well and no hangover.

Oh and that is a 12 OZ glass to start with.