Temper Tantrum

Arrius

Reaction score
My 4 year old daughter witnessed her first Temper Tantrum by her father yesterday afternoon. After the Cowboys blew a ten point lead in the 4th and lost the game I blew up. I was screaming and yelling at the TV. I was so pissed I picked up my dinning room chair and almost launched it accross the room. Instead I slammed it back down and stormed off to my room and slammed the bedroom door.

What frustrates me about this loss is we dominated the game. With 8 minutes left in the game I knew we would lose if we started conservative. Sure enough the coaching staff went from playing aggressive football to playing ball control. We had two 4 and out series and the Steelers played aggressive and tied the score up.

For the life of me I cannot understand why coaches continue to make the same mistakes over and over. When you coach not to lose you usually lose. Why change your approach to the game when it is working so well? I would much rather lose a game by being aggressive then losing a game cause your playing not to lose.

That is the most frustrating part about the loss. We had the win. We were dominating them. But we handed them the ball game. Plain and simple...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
You can blame Wade for the allowing the Steelers to tie the game. (the first 10 points in the forth quarter)

While Romo made some poor plays, the receivers were to blame for most of the INTs.

Battle was a dolt the entire night. He is to blame for the 35 yard punt return and the Steeler punt turnover. (it bounced off of him)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
superpunk;2473164 said:
Sounds like you need a hobby, bro.

Apparently, I need one too. I made a sailor blush last night. Good thing the kids weren't home! :laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The question is, are you proud she got to see that?

I have never let losses affect me the way some display. Not just on this forum, but in front of my kids and wife. No way. I've never seen the attraction of being that fragile.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I admit I dropped an "F-bomb" in front of the kids after Romo's pick-six.

I think the first time ever I've cursed like that around them.

Not my proudest moment. :(

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Hostile;2473174 said:

I have never let losses affect me the way some display. Not just on this forum, but in front of my kids and wife. No way. I've never seen the attraction of being that fragile.

I agree... it's not worth getting that worked up. It's tough sometimes, though, when you get emotionally invested in something that you ultimately have no control over.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;2473174 said:

I don't show ban words in front of my children either. Now, if it's just my wife. Thats a different story! She actually is amused by it because I generally am not that animated.

She will give me a hard time about the Cowboys or whoever, (is an NY born and an NY fan) but not when I'm that emotionally charged.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
I had the same problem last year after the Patriots and NYFG Playoff game and I decided not to let this team do that to me again, where I get so emotionally involved I behave that way. So this year I watch the games and if they win, they win and if they lose like they did yesterday I just shrug my shoulders. This team has not shown the ability to win consistent big games in a season since Jimmy was here. They all talk a great game, but seldom walk the walk game after game. Until they can do that, I will not sink my emotions into this team. I am really interested to see how they bounce back next week. Can they bring the same intensity 2 weeks in a row and win a big game??? Will be interesting to see if they roll over or get up off the mat and punch the NYFG in the mouth....

Air Force One

Reaction score
Well I don't have kids, so I let the expletives fly. I believe they are still hanging out in the atmosphere, reverberating through time and space.

notherbob

Reaction score
Yeah, as soon as I saw the Cowboys shift into the prevent defense I knew they were going to lose even though they had a 10 point lead at that time. The Cowboys always lose when they go into prevent. Only fools do the same thing time after time and expect different results.

Going passive on offense didn't help either.

As much as I like Romo, he needs to learn what insulated underwear and long sleeves are for.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
JakeCamp12;2473199 said:
I had the same problem last year after the Patriots and NYFG Playoff game and I decided not to let this team do that to me again, where I get so emotionally involved I behave that way. So this year I watch the games and if they win, they win and if they lose like they did yesterday I just shrug my shoulders. This team has not shown the ability to win consistent big games in a season since Jimmy was here. They all talk a great game, but seldom walk the walk game after game. Until they can do that, I will not sink my emotions into this team. I am really interested to see how they bounce back next week. Can they bring the same intensity 2 weeks in a row and win a big game??? Will be interesting to see if they roll over or get up off the mat and punch the NYFG in the mouth....

It begins and ends with the head coach. He is the master and commander. While the players must be able to manage themselves, it's all a reflection of the head coach. One player doesn't have authority over another, but the coach has absolute authority. (providing Jerry isn't meddling)

Coaches don't ask players to comply, they demand it. Even if it goes unsaid. Wade demands nothing and gets little in return except from the games who's job is on the line and those that have a natural disposition to excellence. (Think of Cowboys players like Irvin, Aikman, Emmitt, Woodson, Witten, etc)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
notherbob;2473222 said:
Yeah, as soon as I saw the Cowboys shift into the prevent defense I knew they were going to lose even though they had a 10 point lead at that time. The Cowboys always lose when they go into prevent. Only fools do the same thing time after time and expect different results.

Going passive on offense didn't help either.

As much as I like Romo, he needs to learn what insulated underwear and long sleeves are for.

The prevent defense is to prevent a TD in the final seconds of a game. It's not a defense when you have time still on the clock. It only prevents you from winning.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
nyc;2473189 said:
I don't show ban words in front of my children either. Now, if it's just my wife. Thats a different story! She actually is amused by it because I generally am not that animated.

She will give me a hard time about the Cowboys or whoever, (is an NY born and an NY fan) but not when I'm that emotionally charged.
I freaked out one time in front of my family. They will never be interested in football because of the way I acted that day. My loss.

I vowed never to act like that again. Not even on this site. It is the reason why I try and stay level headed even after a disappointing loss.

I see nothing to admire about being a boor. It doesn't make you smarter, happier, healthier, or more fun to be around. Basically the only thing it accomplishes is for people to see you in a negative light. I have enough of that just because my username is in red.

I've apologized to my family. They've since seen me react better. That includes yesterday. I still doubt they'll ever go with me to a game ever again, and no way will any of them watch a game with me.

I understand the anger. I just don't think it solves anything. In fact I think it makes everything worse. Over-reaction usually does.

superpunk

Reaction score
Danny White;2473188 said:
I agree... it's not worth getting that worked up. It's tough sometimes, though, when you get emotionally invested in something that you ultimately have no control over.
Didn't come to that realization until after the killer to the Skins a few years ago. After the second Moss TD, I was just floored. Depressed, felt sick to my stomach. That's when I knew that I cared too damn much in something that doesn't care for me back. Then I was grouchy the next two days and of course my wife had to deal with that.

Not worth it. We love the game but it doesn't love us. So now I can just take it for what it is - entertainment.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a two word cursing phrase I scream out during a bad play and when I do the dogs go flying away. I guess I learned to quit throwing the remote and the dogs learned to leave after the last remote was thrown and lodged in the dogs backside....ok the remote did not hit the dog but the rest is true.:D I think the worse was throwing a bottle of diet coke and hitting the door not realizing the lid was not on tight...so after my idiotic tempter tantrum I had some cleaning up to do with the wife looking at me with arms crossed and tapping her foot.:laugh1:

Now I just curse and throw the remote down in whatever chair I am sitting in.

Dr Phil has helped.:p:

notherbob

Reaction score
Hostile;2473232 said:
I freaked out one time in front of my family. They will never be interested in football because of the way I acted that day. My loss.

I vowed never to act like that again. Not even on this site. It is the reason why I try and stay level headed even after a disappointing loss.

I see nothing to admire about being a boor. It doesn't make you smarter, happier, healthier, or more fun to be around. Basically the only thing it accomplishes is for people to see you in a negative light. I have enough of that just because my username is in red.

I've apologized to my family. They've since seen me react better. That includes yesterday. I still doubt they'll ever go with me to a game ever again, and no way will any of them watch a game with me.

I understand the anger. I just don't think it solves anything. In fact I think it makes everything worse. Over-reaction usually does.

Yeah, me, too. It used to destroy me when the Cowboys lost and I had tantrums, too. Like you and others, I, too, had to learn to reel in and control my emotions and it was very hard to do but it does make you better to be around and feel better to boot.

The love and respect of your family is worth more than football.

When people get that way it's a sure sign that they're taking a game someone else plays way too seriously and they need to reorder their priorities.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;2473232 said:

Yes, I am backing off emotionally from the Cowboys because they just aren't what they should be and it is very taxing on me. My back and arms are sore this morning due to be being stressed all night about the time the fouth quarter started.

It's at it's worst when it's against my most hated teams.
  1. Commanders
  2. Steelers
  3. Eagles
  4. Giants
  5. Patriots

In that order. If we lose to the Browns, I'm pissed off, but nothing compared to anyone on that list.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I usually don't react badly, but I admit to dropping a Sonofa.... when I saw the Romo interception.

Generally, in a game like that, I just don't like to talk to anyone for a few hours. Not even on the board.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2473271 said:
I usually don't react badly, but I admit to dropping a Sonofa.... when I saw the Romo interception.

Generally, in a game like that, I just don't like to talk to anyone for a few hours. Not even on the board.

Same here, though the wife wasn't really getting that last night. (usually she does) Then she had the nerve to say I was being mean! I wasn't being mean at all, I just wasn't responsive to her attempts to "lighten the mood" and she was taking it the wrong way.

I was brooding and I wanted to brood to get it out of my system.