Signed by Cowboys Terence Steele contract extended

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Why are you trying to sell me this? I'm the one who's telling the others to calm down because I'm really tired of the fan base thinking they know anything about the economics of a high end sports franchise with a salary cap there are very very smart people that work puppet their star that do this for a living they are lawyers they are CPA's they do what we call Capologists,

they understand where the cap is going they also understand what a player's salary is worth.. I don't think fans need to keep having 10 page responses every time a contract signed to whether it's good or bad.....
It's not personal. I was making a general comment to the board. The thought was likely prompted by something you wrote. I don't tend to get into personal interactions with forum members. I have personal friends for that. I don't know you. You don't know me. Why would you necessarily think a very general comment like mine was directed towards you specifically?

Also, why would you interpret my comment to be an opposing viewpoint, rather than a supportive viewpoint?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Good for you Steele. Love watching players come up like that through hard work and training.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Someone tell me how he gets paid before ceedee
I doubt this was a hard one. UDFA, serious injury last season, $50 million guaranteed… it probably didn’t take Steele more than a few seconds to ask where he needs to sign.

CeeDee’s contract is where the fun begins. Teams are axing their franchise receivers left and right not wanting to fork out the money these guys are asking for. This one, #11, and Dak’s possible extension… I just hope there’s some cap room remaining,

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I think the hope is for Trey Lance to substantially improve this coming season, so that he can be ready to replace Cooper Rush as the team's primary back-up QB in 2024. If he does so, that gives the Cowboys some more options. If he doesn't, well they took a chance that didn't work out. In any case, Dak will be the starter at least through the end of his current contract.

The Cowboys could choose to eat the entire $59M CAP hit in 2024 by keeping CeeDee on his fifth year option, and exercising their 5th year option on Parsons for 2025. So, the real pinch comes in 2025, not 2024. By that time, the Cowboys can move on from players like Demarcus Lawrence and Tyron Smith. They also might move on from Zack Martin, if he chooses to retire.

I think the real window is 2 seasons for the veterans Dak, Zack, Tyron, and Lawrence. The Cowboys have young pieces potentially in place to replace Tyron and Lawrence now with Tyler Smith/Asim Richards, and Sam Williams. They potentially have a replacement for Zack in T.J. Bass. They can also move on from Leighton Vander Esch in 2025 if Overshown and Clark show up big in the next two years.

They have an issue at Center, because they likely cannot afford to keep Tyler Biadasz in 2024. They need a replacements after 2023 for Gilmore and Pollard, and after 2024 for a bunch of veterans, if they choose to move on from them, so that they can keep their young stars CeeDee and Micah.

Hence the lottery ticket bought on Trey Lance in the trade a couple of weeks ago. It is a longshot, as all lottery tickets are. But the Cowboys are preparing to move on from all key players on the roster that were selected prior to the the McCarthy era. Of course they'd like to keep veteran players, if possible. But not at the cost of retaining the young rising stars on the team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's not personal. I was making a general comment to the board. The thought was likely prompted by something you wrote. I don't tend to get into personal interactions with forum members. I have personal friends for that. I don't know you. You don't know me. Why would you necessarily think a very general comment like mine was directed towards you specifically?

Also, why would you interpret my comment to be an opposing viewpoint, rather than a supportive viewpoint?
I'm pretty sure when you hit reply on here and it shares the quotation with the members name in it like mine that is directed towards me specifically that's typically how it works.. How would anyone else take it any other way if you were saying you were agreeing with me and sharing my thought that's what you should have started off with like I agree with what you said and.......

You basically said the same things I said earlier in this thread that I'm saying that it's a good contract right now until further notice I don't know why fans need to bidding on this part of sports it's ridiculous they don't know anything about the salary cap except for what they read about they don't know much about what goes on up at the start but I guarantee this they have smarter people up there working these contracts and deciding how much to pay and how to structure the contracts to make sure they'll all fit under the salary cap like all other teams do.. That was my thought here to the spiraling out of control once again negative comments about he's being overpaid and it's another bad contract by the Joneses and which I don't see it that way every team has to eat a bad contract from time to time like jalen Smith maybe they jumped the gun on that he should have never been paid that much money at the time but they did it anyway and it happens on all teams but this particular one current Steele showed his worth is in a very important position and we can tell he was missed once he went down.. We got lucky that Tyrone Smith came back when he did and at least helped out over there but the constant swinging door between Peters and Smith and the left guard and the right tackle and injuries just added up so you gotta hope this guy can stay on the field and I'm not against the contract...

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The Cowboys could choose to eat the entire $59M CAP hit in 2024 by keeping CeeDee on his fifth year option, and exercising their 5th year option on Parsons for 2025.
Lamb seems to be handling things the right way but is he doesn't get locked in soon I can see some hostility building quickly. Parsons will hold out before the start of next year if need be. Neither guy is making it to a 5th year option IMHO.