Signed by Cowboys Terence Steele contract extended

Bluefin

Reaction score
CeeDee is already signed for next year, Steele would have been an UFA and able to sign with another team.
CeeDee will get a new deal too.
Stephen Jones mentioned during the season kickoff event in late August that they were working hard on contract extensions for two players, Ceedee Lamb and Terence Steele.

Steele is done, so now they will try to get Lamb's signature on an extension.

It's going to be $$$, but the sooner the better, it will only get more expensive if Minnesota gets Justin Jefferson's name on paper first.

John813

Reaction score
Someone tell me how he gets paid before ceedee

He’s not eligible to be re-signed till week 5 in madden, per Stephen.

Probably just came down to him and his agent were more willing to get a deal done now than later.
CDL finished last year strong. Another year like that and he’s possibly getting the same as Jefferson

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
This is more shocking than when Romo signed that hideous 108 million dollar deal 10 years ago. And how did that play out? :popcorn:

Steele has gone from undrafted turnstile...to torn ACL.....to multi millionaire faster than a Dak pick 6. This is just unbelievable.

Just amazes me how this franchise over-values mediocrity....:banghead:
You live in a fantasy world. Don’t you have a new team to root for?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Collins, was garbage. Best part about MM is he started getting rid of all these bad contracts the moment he got here.

Jaylo Smith, Collins, Cooper, Zeke, Didnt resign Gregory, Shultz, ect....ect......

We have to figure Lawrence is going soon as well.

Lawrence is not like the others, Roy.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Why are you trying to sell me this? I'm the one who's telling the others to calm down because I'm really tired of the fan base thinking they know anything about the economics of a high end sports franchise with a salary cap there are very very smart people that work puppet their star that do this for a living they are lawyers they are CPA's they do what we call Capologists,

they understand where the cap is going they also understand what a player's salary is worth.. I don't think fans need to keep having 10 page responses every time a contract signed to whether it's good or bad.....
They know the cap is going up. They’re not gambling that it will. These people have done the projections, accounting and know where they’re going. It’s amazing to watch people act like they know more. Lol

Creeper

Reaction score
I like that Dallas is being aggressive in retaining their talent. Whether Steele is worth it or not remains to be seen, but it tells me Dallas realized they have put together a nice roster and they want to keep the core together at least. Steele seems like a self-motivated guy who will put in the effort. Time will tell.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I think the fans forget that the Dallas Cowboys front office have an army of lawyers and CBA's and people who do contracts and know the salary cap what it is now what it's gonna be five years from now and they have a handle on who to pay and how much to pay them and when to pay them.. Somehow fans think they know more than the actual team what's worth $10 million and has 1200 employees..
The more cooks you have the more likely the stew is bad.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Good for Steele…but wow that’s a lot of $ for a RT that is replaceable
That's what I was wondering?? Is he even a top 20 tackle in the NFL? I don't know? I'm seriously asking that cause I don't know.

CCBoy

Reaction score
We love signing guys to be contracts fresh off a injury.
These guys don't report to the sick, lame, and lazy formations at 06:00 in the morning every day.

I can live with that contract straight up, no problems on any other account.