Terence Steele in the lab

75boyz

Reaction score
Well, I blame Schottenheimer more for the run game philosophy. He was the run coordinator. But looking back, it does appear that Solari leans toward inside zone blocking. It's just too bad we insisted on installing it when it did not fit our lead back best.

I do think with the backs we picked up this year that we're going to stick with inside zone being our primary run blocking scheme. It fits both Elliott and Freeman.
Yeah,
I'm with Rockport on our 3 all pro olinemen not being all pro run blockers.
Downright poor actually but it's just my opinion . Except for Tyler Smith maybe.
Weird, cuz I still think Tyler Smith, not Guyton, should start at LT and Bass at LG. But that's probably a discussion for another day.
I hope the confidence you have in an older Zeke and journeyman Freeman bears the fruit you describe here.
I have strong doubts about that but again, just my opinion.

Hope and fingers crossed that you're right.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yeah,
I'm with Rockport on our 3 all pro olinemen not being all pro run blockers.
Downright poor actually but it's just my opinion . Except for Tyler Smith maybe.
Weird, cuz I still think Tyler Smith, not Guyton, should start at LT and Bass at LG. But that's probably a discussion for another day.
I hope the confidence you have in an older Zeke and journeyman Freeman bears the fruit you describe here.
I have strong doubts about that but again, just my opinion.

Hope and fingers crossed that you're right.
I don't have confidence in either Elliott or Freeman. All I am stating is that they are built better for what we were trying to run than Pollard is. Both are between-the-tackles pounders. I don't know if Elliott has any of that pound left in him at that point and Freeman has never been good enough to be more than a journeyman/backup.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I know he was off a bit last season but don't sleep on him. He is a hard worker.........

Yup. Steele has worked as hard with Duke as anyone has. Tremendous commitment in effort and cash to get to and now back to the top of his game.
You have to like his chances to be far better this year with a full healthy off-season under his belt.

75boyz

Reaction score
I don't have confidence in either Elliott or Freeman. All I am stating is that they are built better for what we were trying to run than Pollard is. Both are between-the-tackles pounders. I don't know if Elliott has any of that pound left in him at that point and Freeman has never been good enough to be more than a journeyman/backup.
Fair enough.
If we could become a genuine and effective between the tackles pound the rock run game team again that would make me happy.

Seeing is believing though, and if the aforementioned 2 RBs will be the majority ball carriers, I'll remain even more skeptical.

Hoping for the best.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Fair enough.
If we could become a genuine and effective between the tackles pound the rock run game team again that would make me happy.

Seeing is believing though, and if the aforementioned 2 RBs will be the majority ball carriers, I'll remain even more skeptical.

Hoping for the best.
I have little doubt that Elliott will be the lead back. He's really the only one we have qualified for the role. How effective he'll be is highly in doubt.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I have little doubt that Elliott will be the lead back. He's really the only one we have qualified for the role. How effective he'll be is highly in doubt.
Elliot got a lot of carries in college, and outside of some real outliers like Peterson and Henry, you have just so many carries in you before you are done.

Robster8989

Reaction score
I know he was off a bit last season but don't sleep on him. He is a hard worker.........

I"ve always rooted for Steele.
He's a great story, UDFA makes it big.
He was awful last season, and I'm hoping he gets back on track this season. I give him the benefit of the doubt due to the injury.
But this training video is all for show. So Dallas Cowboys.
Inertia tells you that once you get the truck moving, it's fairly easy to keep it moving, unless an outside force is working on it. Obviously, gravity is working on it, but wheels make it easier to keep moving.
If the surface was pitched, then yes, that is something, but it's not, it's completely flat. Getting the truck moving takes some force, but keeping it moving is much easier. Much easier to move a truck with wheels like that than to move a sled or flip a tire etc.
I'm not saying Terrance isn't strong, just a curious choice for a training video. It's more for show than a real test of strength.
BTW, I played college football and was an Army Ranger for 12 years, so been through my share of training.