Terence Steele in the lab

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
No offense intended, but this is NOT impressive. I mean, I did this same thing THIS SUMMER with my F-150 and I'm 59 years old and a disabled veteran.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
No offense intended, but this is NOT impressive. I mean, I did this same thing THIS SUMMER with my F-150 and I'm 59 years old and a disabled veteran.

OIP.ek9Of-QG1zck9SXGzzmMfQAAAA

Reactions: JPM

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Yet another cowboys workout video in the summer, zeke has killed my eyes from seeing this in years past
Horrible technique.....way too high on the sled. He needs to be bending his knees more. All he's doing is developing bad work habits. His coach ought to be fired...

Praxit

Reaction score
..well yeah, SF made him look like Chaz Green last year.

It was one of those performances that, cements you on the par of. "Will remember you for this"..

Good for him... get better, to redeem yourself.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Granted he had his recovery issues from the knee injury but of more concern was Solari's technique coaching changes.

Took him from a borderline dominant runblocker in '22 prior to injury and Zack calling him one of the best, to our weakest link on the line in '23.

Hint: Coaching Matters.
We had three All-Pro linemen last year, so either they were able to overcome Solari's coaching or it wasn't bad. Considering that we also had some young players (Bass, Richards and even Hoffman) look pretty good when they were asked to play in the regular season, I don't think Solari is the main problem. I think Steele was just coming off a major knee injury and they asked Biadasz to do more than he was capable of doing. My main problem with Solari and Schottenheimer is the run-blocking scheme they chose to use. We ran inside zone primarily with an outside zone starting RB.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I don't think it was fair to expect much from him last year, he is one body on the OL I am excited to see how he recovers

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We had three All-Pro linemen last year, so either they were able to overcome Solari's coaching or it wasn't bad. Considering that we also had some young players (Bass, Richards and even Hoffman) look pretty good when they were asked to play in the regular season, I don't think Solari is the main problem. I think Steele was just coming off a major knee injury and they asked Biadasz to do more than he was capable of doing. My main problem with Solari and Schottenheimer is the run-blocking scheme they chose to use. We ran inside zone primarily with an outside zone starting RB.
2 were based on reputation only and the other was a hell of a draft pick.

75boyz

Reaction score
That's just it with me anyway. Scheme, coaching and execution of said scheme should not be an issue with the talent we have.
Regardless of Pollard's or Steele's slow knee recoveries, I think Solari got less out of more.
He had plenty of oline talent and time to work with last year in order to establish our run game philosophy and identity.
I still can't tell if he's decided on inside zone, outside zone or man concepts to be the staple or if he's just winging it as it appears. Solari grossly underachieved at his job last year imo and my confidence level in him to get it corrected this year is very low to non existent.

Fingers crossed for big change.

gimmesix

Reaction score
That's just it with me anyway. Scheme, coaching and execution of said scheme should not be an issue with the talent we have.
Regardless of Pollard's or Steele's slow knee recoveries, I think Solari got less out of more.
He had plenty of oline talent and time to work with last year in order to establish our run game philosophy and identity.
I still can't tell if he's decided on inside zone, outside zone or man concepts to be the staple or if he's just winging it as it appears. Solari grossly underachieved at his job last year imo and my confidence level in him to get it corrected this year is very low to non existent.

Fingers crossed for big change.
Well, I blame Schottenheimer more for the run game philosophy. He was the run coordinator. But looking back, it does appear that Solari leans toward inside zone blocking. It's just too bad we insisted on installing it when it did not fit our lead back best.

I do think with the backs we picked up this year that we're going to stick with inside zone being our primary run blocking scheme. It fits both Elliott and Freeman.

gimmesix

Reaction score
2 were based on reputation only and the other was a hell of a draft pick.
I don't think so with Tyron. He was a second-team pick and had the year to earn it. I do agree that Martin got his because of reputation, but that doesn't mean he wasn't good. He was still top-10, just not top two as usual.