Terminator: Dark Fate

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

i thought sarah conner was dead by this point? but hey- strong character w/o mocking men NOR taking over a previous male role!!! so it CAN happen!!! :) the new terminator being female is also cool.

interesting.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is my strange sense of humor but I loved seeing Arnold opening the door.

I am sure Cameron will try integrating the various timeline divergences that have occurred since T2. That is why the original Sarah and T-100 are still alive. I must respect him for doing so but it will not be a simple task explaining everything that has happened, since T-100 did the thumbs up dive until the present, into a nice tidy convenient package.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
It is my strange sense of humor but I loved seeing Arnold opening the door.

I am sure Cameron will try integrating the various timeline divergences that have occurred since T2. That is why the original Sarah and T-100 are still alive. I must respect him for doing so but it will not be a simple task explaining everything that has happened, since T-100 did the thumbs up dive until the present, into a nice tidy convenient package.
yea - in any event it has been an entertaining series all around.

John813

Reaction score
IIRC None of the movies after T2 exist in this movies timeline. So, Sarah Connor is still alive at least at this point in the timeline.
While this clip didn't "spoil" too much, curious how they go from protect John Connor to protecting some random girl. Unless they'll explain JC disappeared completely from detection(like in T3) or died and now this girl is the primary target?

Anywho, I didn't think the plot for T3 was that bad. Sort of wish the Terminator movies would be set more in the Salvation/just prior to that setting instead of constant reboots. Like right after the nukes hit. Or when Skynet sends back the T-1000. etc

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
IIRC None of the movies after T2 exist in this movies timeline. So, Sarah Connor is still alive at least at this point in the timeline.
While this clip didn't "spoil" too much, curious how they go from protect John Connor to protecting some random girl. Unless they'll explain JC disappeared completely from detection(like in T3) or died and now this girl is the primary target?

Anywho, I didn't think the plot for T3 was that bad. Sort of wish the Terminator movies would be set more in the Salvation/just prior to that setting instead of constant reboots. Like right after the nukes hit. Or when Skynet sends back the T-1000. etc
Isn't the point of the movies trying to prevent that from ever happening?

John813

Reaction score
Isn't the point of the movies trying to prevent that from ever happening?

It was:

T1 was about protecting Sarah Connor so she would give birth to John Connor
T2 was about protecting a young John.
T3 was about protecting Kate, since JC went off the radar of Skynet for years. Still was a main character.
T4 was Salvation, where they were protecting a younger Kyle Reese, "future" father of JC
Never watched Genesis or whatever it was called.

T1 and T2 had strong female roles from Linda Hamilton becoming a badass and then being a badass. This film seems on the surface to overload that movement, but we'll see.

Have a lot of questions on this film, but they aren't the questions that are making me really want to see this movie.
More like read spoilers and then watch the film when it's free.

paladin

Reaction score
Looking forward to this with the same level of emotion as a Gestapo reunion tour.
Wasn't a fan of the any recent work & don't need to see a comeback.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Skynet was still using AOL last time I checked. When is this series gonna call it quits?
Haha. The original blew my mind, even as a kid. They have the technology to send a humanoid robot back in time, but he resorts to killing random names out of a phone book.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haha. The original blew my mind, even as a kid. They have the technology to send a humanoid robot back in time, but he resorts to killing random names out of a phone book.
Fortunately for Sarah Connor (and unfortunate for anyone sharing her name), SkyNet had practically zero data on her. I wonder what the Terminator would have done to track her down if telephone books were not an option? Shoot. What if her number had been unlisted? :muttley:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Fortunately for Sarah Connor (and unfortunate for anyone sharing her name), SkyNet had practically zero data on her. I wonder what the Terminator would have done to track her down if telephone books were not an option? Shoot. What if her number had been unlisted? :muttley:
Yeah, what if the phone was in the roomate's name? Oops.
It probably would've been easier to return to a time when the internet existed, and kill John Connor. Of course, that would mean telling Skynet to wait a few years before nuking the planet.

Or how about once you know where the right Sarah Connor lives, you nuke that place first?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It probably would've been easier to return to a time when the internet existed, and kill John Connor. Of course, that would mean telling Skynet to wait a few years before nuking the planet.

Or how about once you know where the right Sarah Connor lives, you nuke that place first?
The earliest version of modern internet and the visual World Wide Web was around by 1990. T2 was circa 1991. Maybe it was still too early for Cameron to fit the internet into his sequel when the T-1000 time traveled to kill John.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The earliest version of modern internet and the visual World Wide Web was around by 1990. T2 was circa 1991. Maybe it was still too early for Cameron to fit the internet into his sequel when the T-1000 time traveled to kill John.
I wasn't actually referring to the writing, more of a hypothetical concept....but that would've been some useful information, had I been proposing that Cameron was foolish for missing such an obvious avenue of circumvention.
:thumbup:

speedkilz88

Reaction score

John Connor is still around, played by this kid. (Jude Collie)
MV5BMGI1NWMyM2ItZmIyNS00NDU0LWFjZWYtZjI3Nzk0OWU3MTllXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTExNDQ2MTI@._V1_SY1000_SX1000_AL_.jpg

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
After watching that trailer....I couldn't care less. Looks like another Hollywood feable attempt to suck every last dollar out of a dieing franchise.

I won't give Schwarzenegger another dime of my money. :rolleyes: