Terrell McClain likely gone too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jkyle

Reaction score
Per Dallas Morning News:
Cowboys likely to lose starting DT Terrell McClain as multiple teams express interest in him

Dallas Cowboys starting defensive tackle Terrell McClain has received interest from multiple teams during the NFL's two-day negotiating window that precedes the official start of free agency at 3 p.m. Thursday, according to a source.

Multiple teams that use a 4-3 defensive scheme have inquired about McClain, who finished last season as the club's leading tackler among defensive linemen with 41 stops. He also had 2 1/2 sacks, eight quarterback pressures and two forced fumbles in helping to solidify the interior of the Cowboys' line, allowing Tyrone Crawford to move outside to end.

One team that has showed a lot of interest early on in McClain is the San Francisco 49ers.
I really like TM for our Defense.
He's had some health issues but he played very well he's been in there.
It sucks to think that the Crawford contract is preventing us from re-signing TM.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
We must have won the SuperBowl cause we seem to be losing more players than the Pats are.

Don't worry, the draft will save us cause we can do what we did last year, every year from now on.

We are just smarter than the rest of the league.

Maverick84

Reaction score
I'm not looking at a full current depth chart right now or anything, but does it seem like we're losing half our team this off-season?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
First Romo, now this!

wiKksL3.gif

AzorAhai

Reaction score
SF being involved is good news. They have so much money to throw around, maybe he gets a bigger contract for a better comp pick.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Eh, the dude had one healthy year here. During his contract year no less. Wish him well but I wouldn't match the deal he'll get.

Yep. People are forgetting that he spent most of his time here in the training room or as a backup, until his contract year. I agree that Crawford hasn't lived up to his contract, but at least he trying to play through injuries that have required surgery at the end of both of the last seasons. If we ended up signing McClain I think that is another contract we would rue.

Sydla

Reaction score
Cant trust a guy like him. What we got from him this year was gravy

Yeah, while I think he's a nice player, he doesn't have a high ceiling IMO to warrant taking on the injury risk. Plus, I think it's not exactly hard to find a replacement for the 1 tech.

I compare that to Claiborne. I'd take a flier on him despite being an injury risk. His ceiling is way higher as a player than McClain IMO and justifies that risk. Plus CB is a tougher position to find competent play IMO.

davey999

Reaction score
Church, Mo, Wilcox, McClain, Leary, Romo, Williams - who am I missing?

robjay04

Reaction score
I'm not looking at a full current depth chart right now or anything, but does it seem like we're losing half our team this off-season?

Typically every team turns over a third of their roster every season. These guys leaving are expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.