Terrell Owens mic'd up: "Unstoppable! They still love to hate me!"

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
You left out the part about him becoming a locker room cancer multiple times because he’d trash his QBs (and/or coaches) publicly.

Ya, when he was crying because of the treatment of Tony, first thing I thought was "man this dude trashes his QB"

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
After he was S*** canned from the NFL he make a video of him running a 4.3 forty. He was very colorful and I really liked him.

Watching the way he played was great. Romo would LAUNCH a friggin Holy Hand Grenade 50+ yards in the air - the ball would leave the view of the camera and come down to TO. And somehow TO would be 5 yards passed the deepest defender! How the heck did TO get that wide open so often?! I never understood that but he did it. He sort of needed that 5 yard cushion though, lol.

Nav22

Reaction score
Ya, when he was crying because of the treatment of Tony, first thing I thought was "man this dude trashes his QB"
LOL, that’s adorable. You should be his agent!

Fast-forward a year after that and T.O. was trashing Tony, Witten and Garrett because he felt like he wasn’t getting enough touches. He even accused Tony and Witten of having “secret meetings” where they drew up secret plays together! Dallas released him the ensuing offseason.

Oh, and all of this came after he wore out his welcomes in San Francisco and Philly, due mostly to feuds with Jeff Garcia and Donovan McNabb.

The “he’s my QB” presser doesn’t erase all of that. Sorry.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Get your popcorn ready. :popcorn:

The show is about to start...:cool:

He was great at not running routes and freelancing. This is why Young, Garcia, McNabb, Romo all fit his skill set well. Each QB could extend plays and allow TO to freelance. Put him with Dak and it would Dez be 2.0.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Loved T.O. He talkin to romo and romo ignores him?? Imagine a qb ignoring a top 5 wr of all time.

Cebrin

Reaction score
youre kidding right?
NO ONE expects players to act like wait staff at a fine dining restaurant. What a silly hyperbolic sentence. There is SOOOOOOOOOOOO much middle ground between this image you create with that statement and the brash, conceited, jackazz the whole country would see regularly, yelling in peoples faces, loving me some me and all that nonsense. Come on, you may not agree but you can understand it.
It's exactly how the public acts with players. The amount of coverage he got with the media just looking for him to do something snarky was often ridiculous. I feel it led him to be more ridiculous intentionally. It was the beginning of an new Era with Social Media making hyperbolic stories about whoever they wanted.

I remember seeing coverage of him on a treadmill mill mending a pulled muscle, or something of the likes. They made a full story of it, and it was all negative. So he just road the bike, and smiled sarcastically at the camera. Tom Brady was constantly yelling at teammates, and coaches, throwing over water buckets, but he gets away with it, and is the Pony boy. Tom is leader. We know why....

He was certainly ego driven, but that's not uncommon in someone very competitive. Maybe even like an annoying little brother that's better than you at video games. However, I think he was largely over criminalized on TV. Everyone's favorite low hanging fruit coverage story to be outraged about.

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score
i've often felt sorry for owens. another kid who grew up poor and with no paternal influence in his life. raise by his grandmother. not unlike one of our own 88's. no denying his exceptional talent.

Cebrin

Reaction score
You left out the part about him becoming a locker room cancer multiple times because he’d trash his QBs (and/or coaches) publicly.
I'll also add Brady in this again. We've all heard the Tom, and Bill stories. No one bats an eye, because Bill and Tom won SB's.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
What an idiot. That guy has always been his own worst enemy.

Lol he is one of the best receivers of all time. You think that statement holds true without his ego and attitude towards life? Not only no but HELL no. Successful people are arrogant and believe in themselves. Non successful people complain and make excuses. If everybody loved T.O then there is probably no such thing as T.O.

Cebrin

Reaction score
"lOcKeR rOoM cAnCeR" Literally a devisive phrase the media pundits came up with. If you're one of the greatest to play your position, you're allowed to be loud, and proud. Especially coming from his background.

Nav22

Reaction score
I'll also add Brady in this again. We've all heard the Tom, and Bill stories. No one bats an eye, because Bill and Tom won SB's.
Brady and Belichick, after like 18 years together, had some friction behind the scenes which led to Brady’s eventual departure.

You’re comparing THAT to Terrell Owens openly disrespecting his coaches because he wasn’t getting enough passes thrown his way?

Parcells couldn’t stand T.O. They clashed in their very 1st (and only) training camp together and that friction lasted basically all season.

Andy Reid had to suspend T.O. for conduct detrimental to the team in their 2nd year together and he never played another snap for Philly.

I love how you’re trying to re-write history though.
:laugh:

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
"lOcKeR rOoM cAnCeR" Literally a devisive phrase the media pundits came up with. If you're one of the greatest to play your position, you're allowed to be loud, and proud. Especially coming from his background.
you can be loud and proud but you cannot cause division among players. A entity divided will not endure. I still believe in being humble. The game paid him well. I wonder if he has any money left?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
LOL -- TO just might be right about that -- I still can't stand him and it's been like forever since he's played! :grin:

I wouldn't feel sorry for that guy if he grew a wart on his pecker the size of a grapefruit! :muttley:

Last edited: