Terrell Owens mic'd up: "Unstoppable! They still love to hate me!"

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Man.....the Romo-TO connection was FUN to watch! I don;t see how people dis romo so hard. Man he had it going on there!

See the bold above? They dis Romo so hard now days because in their hearts they know that Romo could probably gear up and come out and play 10 times better than Dak even today...so they put Romo down to help Dak up because they know the truth, and that truth hurts.
(sorry Romo, you are now going to get trashed even more because of my post).

Cebrin

Reaction score
Brady and Belichick, after like 18 years together, had some friction behind the scenes which led to Brady’s eventual departure.

You’re comparing THAT to Terrell Owens openly disrespecting his coaches because he wasn’t getting enough passes thrown his way?

Parcells couldn’t stand T.O. They clashed in their very 1st (and only) training camp together and that friction lasted basically all season.

Andy Reid had to suspend T.O. for conduct detrimental to the team in their 2nd year together and he never played another snap for Philly.

I love how you’re trying to re-write history though.
:laugh:
Parcells much like T. O. has a very strong personality. Of course they clashed. L.T. clashed with Parcells often, too. 18 years has nothing to do with butting heads, and you conveniently ignored the tantrums, and yelling at players. This is my point. We Trophy Brady, but T.O. is criticized for the same actions. They did the same thing to Dez. God forbid you're so competitive you get mad when you're losing. Have you seen Tom when he's losing?

Cebrin

Reaction score
Resting my case on : Football is a game. You play to win. I'd take an entire roster of T.O. caliber talent, and the character jury can have their class acts.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Well, if this most recent statement doesn't make some owner to sign him then I don't know what will.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
On the field, he may have been a chore to deal with as a coach but he was truly elite. In between his ears is another story.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
On the field, he may have been a chore to deal with as a coach but he was truly elite. In between his ears is another story.

I read TO's book, and without being nasty or something...I read that when TO was just growing up? He was on a school bus coming home and nodded off, fell asleep...in his book he said that some other kids came over and peed in his open mouth while he was nodding off. No wonder he was the way he still is, right? He described after that incident...that IMO is what created that monster of a ball player. I love me some TO, too.

Nav22

Reaction score
Parcells much like T. O. has a very strong personality. Of course they clashed. L.T. clashed with Parcells often, too. 18 years has nothing to do with butting heads, and you conveniently ignored the tantrums, and yelling at players. This is my point. We Trophy Brady, but T.O. is criticized for the same actions. They did the same thing to Dez. God forbid you're so competitive you get mad when you're losing. Have you seen Tom when he's losing?
LOL! Your L.T. analogy is hilarious. Yes, he butted heads with Parcells, because he was a drug addict and a complete jerk.

“Tantrums and yelling at players”? I’m sorry, I thought we were talking about Brady vs Belichick? When did Brady have a tantrum vs Belichick?

Nice try. I never ONCE mentioned in-game tantrums anyways. I specifically discussed T.O.’s propensity for trashing his QB/head coach PUBLICLY, TO THE MEDIA.

THAT is what burned his bridges. You’re just deflecting because you have no argument.

Nobody’s talking about yelling at/firing up teammates or in-game tantrums. Nobody’s talking about off-field personal issues like L.T. had.

T.O. would open his fat mouth to the MEDIA like a little girl and trash his QB/head coach anytime he felt like it. That caused division in the locker room. Go ahead and defend THAT. Your analogies haven’t addressed THAT, at all.

Nav22

Reaction score
Mctrash was the one who pulled that mess. He loved Romo.
BAHAHAHAA!!! Here goes @Cebrin trying to re-write history again!!! ANYTHING to defend his client!

So now T.O. “loved Romo”??? Uh, yeah, until the 2008 season, which is when he started accusing Romo and Witten of holding “secret meetings.”

Article from Dec. 2008....

A current Cowboys player compared Owens' behavior to that which led to problems with his former quarterbacks, Jeff Garcia in San Francisco and Donovan McNabb in Philadelphia. Those failed relationships and problems with the head coaches and other teammates led to Owens' exile from those teams and made him available to Dallas owner Jerry Jones in 2006.

"He's insecure about it,'' the player said of Owens. "The thing that bothers me more than anything about this problem is that it's always something with him -- San Fran, Philly and here, always something. And he brings other people into it. You know, he talks to Sam Hurdand Roy Williams, who just got here and doesn't really know these guys. T.O. talks to him and so now he probably thinks Witten politics with Tony for the ball.

"That's so far from the truth. You think Tony is throwing to him because that's his buddy? His best buddy is Bobby Carpenter, and that's not helping him too much. It's crazy to think that, and I hate that he acts that way.''

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
TO was my least favorite Cowboys signing ever. I wanted no part of him. I still hate the fact that he wore the star.

J817

Reaction score
Love the players who talk the talk and walk the walk. Can’t understand fans who wants players to stay silent and reserved. I mean, I appreciate the Barry Sanders and Walter Payton’s personalities who have played but give me T.O and Deion all day.

God I wish Johnny Menzies panned out. Would have loved him to.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
My favorite WR of all time any team any era lol. Dudes a top 3 all time WR so I’m probably not the only one who feels that way.

Guy was an absolute monster on the field.

He might be Top 3 in production, but that doesn't really do anything for me. There's more to me liking a guy than raw production. If production was the only criteria on a historic, league-wide scale, how isn't Jerry everyone's answer? He's so far ahead of the pack it would be criminal not to list him as #1. There has to be something about TO that you see besides production that makes him your favorite. What is it?

Whatever it is, it must be big. Like 500 receptions, 7,000 yards, and 44 TDs big.

Just kind of odd. All things considered, I'm not sure TO would make my top 3 favorite Cowboy WRs just because of all the baggage and briefness of his tenure.

cern

Reaction score
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
If someone peed in my mouth when I was a kid, I would be "pissed" off also. Fantastic ball player but no team wants the circus. He mouthed himself right out of the NFL.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
We didn't have a leader at the QB position to allow TO to remain here.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
If the guy just had a sensible attitude and work ethic he'd be almost as great as Jerry Rice.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Still HOF nonetheless.
I can't deny that but who doesn't show up to their own HOF ceremony? Has anyone else ever not shown up? I don't really know the answer to that one. The only reason not to show up is because your dead. I am not saying he should not have been inducted. I believe he was really good. He could have gone about it differently.