jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
ESPN said:
Updated: Nov. 5, 2005, 7:54 PM ET
Eagles suspend T.O. indefinitely for commentsBy Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com
Archive

Terrell Owens was suspended by the Philadelphia Eagles on Saturday for conduct detrimental to the team, a catch-all sanction that team officials imposed after deliberating much of Friday over how to address the latest flap involving their loquacious wide receiver.

Key word in this is saturday. The league offices are not open on saturday from my understanding so his suspension wouldn't take affect until monday anyway.

The Curly One

Reaction score
TO is now listed as Inactive and NOT suspended. Am I the only one getting tired of hearing about this useless pile of excrement?
And if Ried and the Eagles do not have the manhood to suspend him then once again they get exactly what they deserve. I thought that the Eagles organization was not going to let TO run the team. There is no T-E-A-M here it is all TO, all the time.
TO is such a Cancer that they are actually better off with out him. Curly

roughneck266

Reaction score
Since the league only allowas a 4 game suspension for conduct detrimental, maybe they are just doing this to stretch it a bit further. Although they have to pay Mr Mental for this week now.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Head games with the Commanders ? Come on now. That is a reach.

Considering the collective IQ of the Skins front office is less than a Mike Tyson/Tanya Harding boxing match, I'd say its a good idea to play mind games with them.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
bbgun said:
I heard the same CBS report and couldn't believe it. What a gutless organization.

now hold on -- if they are putting him on IR that is a gutsy move. if they are choosing to make him inactive rather than suspending him it could be as well.

keep in mind that there are rules about suspending players and the Eagles may not want anymore drama or a fight over this from the NFLPA -- and they may be taking their time prior to suspending him to work out there options with the league office, NFLPA, and TO's agent.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Head games with the Commanders ? Come on now. That is a reach.
Yeah, maybe. But if Reid really said, as CBS maintained, that
"he wants to keep his options open" then it's either about the length of the suspension (and the commentators did not put it in that context), or a little head gaming about tonite.

Someone said since league offices are closed til Monday, TO can't be officially suspended til tomorrow. If Reid made this 'option' remark subsequent to the annoucement of the suspension, you'd have to wonder why.

odog422

Reaction score
abersonc said:
TO is not on the suspended list -- that's what this is about. If he's suspended he can only be so for 4 games. If he's inactive he still gets paid and has no recourse through the NFLPA.

i see it as a way that the eagles, if they choose, can have him not see the field again this year, same as tampa did with keyshawn. so they hold all the cards. as you said, he cant go through the nflpa.

honestly, i thought this was the way to go with him from the start if im them bc their hand cant be forced as to when he comes back.

jksmith269

Reaction score
He was suspended on Saturday. The league offices are closed on Saturday so the suspension will not take affect until monday which means they have to list him as inactive for today's game. Some people read to much into him being listed as inactive. The Eagles had no choice since they left him home.

EDIT I posted this seperate because people are still freaking out over the thread titled T.O. not suspended tonight and saying how gutless the eagles are.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
odog422 said:
i see it as a way that the eagles, if they choose, can have him not see the field again this year, same as tampa did with keyshawn. so they hold all the cards. as you said, he cant go through the nflpa.

honestly, i thought this was the way to go with him from the start if im them bc their hand cant be forced as to when he comes back.
I forget...how many weeks did Key sit out and what was the terminology used?

Deactivation? Suspension?

jksmith269

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
It's not US, JK.

It's CBS. :)
CBS is right he's not offically suspended until the league receives the paperwork so tech he's not suspended but he will be....

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

They just listed him as inactive and I want to say for 8 weeks, could be wrong on that

odog422

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

he was inactive, meaning he still got paid, but he didnt play. i cant remember exactly how long it was, but it was the bulk of the season IIRC.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Yeah, maybe. But if Reid really said, as CBS maintained, that
"he wants to keep his options open" then it's either about the length of the suspension (and the commentators did not put it in that context), or a little head gaming about tonite.

Someone said since league offices are closed til Monday, TO can't be officially suspended til tomorrow. If Reid made this 'option' remark subsequent to the annoucement of the suspension, you'd have to wonder why.

TO cant file a grievance for being deactivated.

jksmith269

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
They just listed him as inactive and I want to saw for 8 weeks, could be wrong on that
Key was suspended for 4 weeks then the rest of the time he was inactive and still got paid except for the 4 weeks of suspension.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Charles said:
:lmao2: I Luv it........Great players are always an exception to the rules.....

What are the rules again? :confused: :lmao2:

people tend to react "whole hog" on the very first thing they hear. anything wrong w/gathering facts first?

jksmith269

Reaction score
I didn't want the one I started merged with this thread. Please stop doing that I started it seperate for a friggen reason.