Terrell Owens To the HOF

coogrfan

Reaction score
Dude said Owens changed teams and wasn't a role model.

Same thing. Shaq played for more teams, has beef with Kobe and would drop the F bomb in interviews during the game....... Yep totally different

Shaq left via free agency; Owens was told to take a hike by multiple teams.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Now I'm not sure you know what "prime" means.

Lets see. owens drafted as a rookie wore out his welcome with the 49ers, then in 2 years of a 4 year contract he wore out his welcome with the eagles, then after 3 years wore out his welcome in Dallas and then had one year stints because that's as long as other teams could take his locker room cancer. Lets see now the 3 teams where he got the overwhelming majority of those "numbers" people keep referring to he left because he wore off his welcome because of what he did in the locker room and sidelines. THAT'S what is meant by "in his prime".

coogrfan

Reaction score
Now I'm not sure you know what "prime" means.

Prime, in this instance, means Owens last year with SF, his two seasons in Philly and his first year in Dallas. During that period Owens was among then league leaders in receptions, yards and tds (except for 2005, when Philly felt they had no choice but to tell Owens to stay away). All that production, and yet he could't find a home. Now why would that be?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Dude said Owens changed teams and wasn't a role model.

Same thing. Shaq played for more teams, has beef with Kobe and would drop the F bomb in interviews during the game....... Yep totally different

You don't watch much sports if you think Shaq was/is the only played to drop f bombs during games. Just when are interviews done DURING games with active players?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Prime, in this instance, means Owens last year with SF, his two seasons in Philly and his first year in Dallas. During that period Owens was among then league leaders in receptions, yards and tds (except for 2005, when Philly felt they had no choice but to tell Owens to stay away). All that production, and yet he could't find a home. Now why would that be?

Ah, that old disingenuous trick of using a bookend to make things look worse than they are.

TO had a long career in SF (8 years). He didn't start in Philly until he was 31 (past his prime). He left Philly because management lied to him, and McNabb was/is a baby.

Of course, in determining your "facts" you will ignore what others had to say about him that contradicts your "undeniable" claim.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You don't watch much sports if you think Shaq was/is the only played to drop f bombs during games. Just when are interviews done DURING games with active players?
Guess you don't watch games if you really think players don't get interviewed before, during and after games

jsb357

Reaction score
So BFT means dude?

No.

In the world of the interwebs the word dude followed by three periods is actually a question.

It's a short, quick non-graphical way of querying the poster if he/she is really that dense
which might violate possible terms of service on this particular board but then again is is
technically not name calling.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Guess you don't watch games if you really think players don't get interviewed before, during and after games

Before, after yes we see t all the time - active players during games not so much. But your original comment you said during games. Give me links or specific ACTIVE players that have done interviews DURING games.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
No.

In the world of the interwebs the word dude followed by three periods is actually a question.

It's a short, quick non-graphical way of querying the poster if he/she is really that dense
which might violate possible terms of service on this particular board but then again is is
technically not name calling.

Well if your questioning someone's intelligence for not being some techy nerd by using dude... then I supposed then that someone that doesn't do it right also speaks volumes of their intelligence. If you check you put dude.. You were one . short but maybe you have a problem counting to 3.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Before, after yes we see t all the time - active players during games not so much. But your original comment you said during games. Give me links or specific ACTIVE players that have done interviews DURING games.
Is going into locker room at half time before, during or after the game

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Is going into locker room at half time before, during or after the game

Every time you answer you change your meaning. AGAIN before or after yes, during games including half time WITH PLAYERS, not so much. Yes often as COACHES are either leaving the field at halftime they do a VERY BRIEF 30 second interview or coming out of their locker room at half time, but players, I'm not going to say it's never happened but the EXTREMELY FEW times it ha doesn't lend any credence to your original comment. Just admit that it doesn't happen all the time like you want to make us believe it does. Again give me some links of videos of "in game or half time interviews" with ACTIVE PLAYERS" and then I'll say your right. If they did do interviews during games or at half time the first thing coaches would say is you should have you head in the game not talking to reporters. But if you want to think players do that then knock your socks off but don't think you'll get many people that will agree with you that they do.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Every time you answer you change your meaning. AGAIN before or after yes, during games including half time WITH PLAYERS, not so much. Yes often as COACHES are either leaving the field at halftime they do a VERY BRIEF 30 second interview or coming out of their locker room at half time, but players, I'm not going to say it's never happened but the EXTREMELY FEW times it ha doesn't lend any credence to your original comment. Just admit that it doesn't happen all the time like you want to make us believe it does. Again give me some links of videos of "in game or half time interviews" with ACTIVE PLAYERS" and then I'll say your right. If they did do interviews during games or at half time the first thing coaches would say is you should have you head in the game not talking to reporters. But if you want to think players do that then knock your socks off but don't think you'll get many people that will agree with you that they do.
I have said the same thing. Not my fault I had to explain to you what during a game means. That being said you change what you said, one time is it never happens then it's.... It happens sometimes but not often.

The whole point is you said Owens isn't a role model then I bring up a guy that drops the F bomb and you keep dancing around.

Look, go ahead and have the last word cause I'm done with this. No point in going in circles, which is there case when someone finds themselves losing the debate, as you have. So good day hope everything works out for you

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I have said the same thing. Not my fault I had to explain to you what during a game means. That being said you change what you said, one time is it never happens then it's.... It happens sometimes but not often.

The whole point is you said Owens isn't a role model then I bring up a guy that drops the F bomb and you keep dancing around.

Look, go ahead and have the last word cause I'm done with this. No point in going in circles, which is there case when someone finds themselves losing the debate, as you have. So good day hope everything works out for you

Here's the last work. Give me link for an in game interview where the f bomb was dropped. Not before or after, in game and then I'll let it go.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

Apparently another HoFer said he wouldn’t be surprised if T. O. skipped the induction. He probably should just go, but I would support him if he did blow it off.