Terrelle Pryor WR FA 2017

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I wanted him last year when he was free and everyone laughed

It's crazy how he was trying out last season practically begging for a roster spot anywhere. You certainly can't question his talent and work ethic given how he's developed into a legitimate starting WR practically overnight.
I think he'd explode as a 2nd WR in this offense. He fits the mold of the taller WRs we seem to prefer on the outside.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It's crazy how he was trying out last season practically begging for a roster spot anywhere. You certainly can't question his talent and work ethic given how he's developed into a legitimate starting WR practically overnight.
I think he'd explode as a 2nd WR in this offense. He fits the mold of the taller WRs we seem to prefer on the outside.
those are the guys you take chances on.....young talented and cheap

guys like DJ Swearinger the SS is thriving in ARI

we gave up on CMike too quick

didn't look at Ben Benwieke

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I'd love to have him. He has the speed and size to go deep when teams are doubling Dez over the top. He runs routes we and is a tremendous blocker. Really a perfect fit at the Z-receiver for this team.

YR

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I'd love to have him. He has the speed and size to go deep when teams are doubling Dez over the top. He runs routes we and is a tremendous blocker. Really a perfect fit at the Z-receiver for this team.

YR

Goes and gets the ball too which is something I love.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would love to see him paired with Dez, the kid has developed into a beast.

Thoughts?
I love the idea. They should check into trading for him now. The Browns new management is said to be collecting draft picks.

The Cowboys could likely sign him to a cheaper deal now than in March of 2017.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
those are the guys you take chances on.....young talented and cheap

guys like DJ Swearinger the SS is thriving in ARI

we gave up on CMike too quick

didn't look at Ben Benwieke
I was a big fan of Swearinger in the draft that year. I was surprised that he didn't do well in Houston.

The C-Mike thing was odd, but my guess is that he was a distraction.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I was a big fan of Swearinger in the draft that year. I was surprised that he didn't do well in Houston.

The C-Mike thing was odd, but my guess is that he was a distraction.
When they don't work out all it costs is time......not draft picks or salary cap

Those kind of young guys should always be brought in and coached up

Swearinger just needed to be taught to stop leading with his helmet

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When they don't work out all it costs is time......not draft picks or salary cap

Those kind of young guys should always be brought in and coached up

Swearinger just needed to be taught to stop leading with his helmet
Agree. Anytime you get to try out a player basically for free, then do it.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I've been thinking about picking him up in FF but need to see more. With their QB situation, I don't expect him to generate many TDs.

I agree with @haleyrules about the need for speed, but Pryor did run a sub 4.4 in a hand timed 40. That said, I think the speed we need is more sudden, like D Jackson or Mike Wallace or Will Fuller. People who create separation as soon as the ball is snapped. Pryor is fast like WR Roy Williams was fast. Long strider who builds speed.
This.

We see Dak struggling to mesh with Dez because Dez isn't a guy who creates huge separation. He just bullies and outjumps people. Pryor is a similar type of WR.

a 6'0"+ quick, shifty guy that can get separation quickly would be ideal... Look at the rapport Dak has with Beasley.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I've been thinking about picking him up in FF but need to see more. With their QB situation, I don't expect him to generate many TDs.

I agree with @haleyrules about the need for speed, but Pryor did run a sub 4.4 in a hand timed 40. That said, I think the speed we need is more sudden, like D Jackson or Mike Wallace or Will Fuller. People who create separation as soon as the ball is snapped. Pryor is fast like WR Roy Williams was fast. Long strider who builds speed.

I wouldn't mind a WR like that as well but Dallas is a physical football team and another 6'5 WR who plays physical would be nice