Terrence Steele was great today

waving monkey

Reaction score
Lol let's not get carried away here...
People here, myself included, who made an opinion that Martin should play at RT and that Steele would suck it up may of been proven wrong, but if you are saying we are supposed to feel silly for not being able to see the future is a silly statement in itself.
I will say I am glad to say I am wrong at this point. Hope Steele can keep holding the line for the sake of our offense.
no its calling the staff out they dont know what their doing [like you know better]
they did know because their working with him ever day
so your opinion stunk

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I was massively and pleasantly surprised how well he played. It’s shocking to be honest. Man, he’s improved by leaps and bounds. We know that doesn’t happen without hard work and pushing yourself to the limit.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I was one of the people calling for Martin to play RT since I didn't trust Steele after his terrible performances the last few years. I will eat those words and say in this case the coaches knew better. Steele played a great game given the circumstances and the All-World defensive end he was blocking the whole game.

Few years? Steele was a rookie last year.. Aint no few years.. just one when he was asked to play at least a year before he was ready as UDFA..

CowboyMort

Reaction score
I thought it would be brutal today with Steele vs Bosa. So glad it isn’t like the last few seasons where we wouldn’t have given help with a TE or chip with a back. He played better than I thought. Another thing is Steele makes $765k per year and he was up against a dude that makes 27 million a year or 40 times as much if my math is correct.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I thought it would be brutal today with Steele vs Bosa. So glad it isn’t like the last few seasons where we wouldn’t have given help with a TE or chip with a back. He played better than I thought. Another thing is Steele makes $765k per year and he was up against a dude that makes 27 million a year or 40 times as much if my math is correct.
He had a way better game than the Chargers' backup RT Storm vs Parsons.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I told you all since camp began that Steele would be just fine.
I told you all last week that Steele would be just fine.
I told you all that whatever the Cowboys get from Lawrence, Collins, and Tyron Smith would be gravy.

You win with hungry players like Steele giving 100% in practice and games. You don't win with players like Collins failing drug tests, missing drug tests, quitting on the team for who knows what surgery, being in strange car accidents, trying to bullcrap his way out of a suspension, etc.

Just move on from Collins. I am happy Steele got a chance and I hope he keeps the starting job and Collins is gone next year.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Nice post. It will get lost in the shuffle of McCarthy, Dak, and Zeke vs Pollard drama.

He played really well and only got BEAT beat by Bosa once that I remember.

I think there were at least a couple of times, but not bad enough to result in a sack, which means it was a good day for the backup.