Terry Glenn's fumble shouldnt have happened BECAUSE....

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
It was an INCOMPLETE PASS.

The catch was being bobbled and then hit the turf.

Watch it again.

wxcpo

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1295188 said:
Umm he made a football move, that was a fumble... Terry Glenn had a horrible night.

There was no football move, go back and watch it. He catches it, goes to make a move and he stumbles and the ball goes to the turf, right there it should have been ruled incomplete. Sorry, but I ref high school football games and with the benefit of instant replay that would have been ruled incomplete.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
smarta5150;1295203 said:
Watch it again.... he never had control and it clearly hit the turf.

You can't expect the refs to bail us out of our own incompetence.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Danny White;1295226 said:
You can't expect the refs to bail us out of our own incompetence.

Bail us out?

I liked the call... it should have been rued what it was, an incomplete pass.

Parcells should have challenged the catch.

fweegy

Reaction score
wxcpo;1295220 said:
There was no football move, go back and watch it. He catches it, goes to make a move and he stumbles and the ball goes to the turf, right there it should have been ruled incomplete. Sorry, but I ref high school football games and with the benefit of instant replay that would have been ruled incomplete.

Then you've screwed alot of high school football players, it was a catch, he caught it, had both hands around the ball, used the ball to help keep his balance when he slipped, then made a move, got hit and fumbled.

P.S. Please don't ref any of my kids games.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Well, if Polamolu's interception last year against the Colts was an incomplete pass as a result, then Glenn's should have been as well. There was precendent and the refs still messed it up. Not suprising when the game is called so one-way.

But, the Steelers had to win the SB that year, so...well, you know the rest.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
fweegy;1295254 said:
Then you've screwed alot of high school football players, it was a catch, he caught it, had both hands around the ball, used the ball to help keep his balance when he slipped, then made a move, got hit and fumbled.

I cant wait till we get a clip of that play on here.

He NEVER had control and it clearly touched the turf.

PLEASE get the clip someone.

Dyluke

Reaction score
I thought the ground helped him control the ball during the catch - thus incomplete...

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Dyluke;1295286 said:
I thought the ground helped him control the ball during the catch - thus incomplete...

Exactly..

was being bobbled and then used the ground to gain control...

We needed to challenge the catch.

Gus

Reaction score
How about: WE SHOULD HAVE BEEB RUNNING THE BALL THERE???

We were winning, on the road, in our own end zone, and we call a play like that??? We need a 'common sense coordinator'...

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Gus;1295333 said:

We were winning, on the road, in our own end zone, and we call a play like that??? We need a 'common sense coordinator'...

I agree.

Seattle gets backed up at the end and runs for 20 yards.

Why cant we run?

Reaction score
fweegy;1295254 said:

:lmao: Add me to that list of not wanting him refing my kids games.... People lie on here all the time about what they do.... But Glenn made a football move and Jennings from the U stripped him of the ball...

CaptainQuint

Reaction score
The ball did touch the ground, but no one can really define 'catch'.
It was very similar to an Owens non-catch in the first half(on a 3rd down play).

Reaction score
Gus;1295333 said:

I agree, Julius Jones was killing them with the run game....:mad:

Knauftd

Reaction score
smarta5150;1295325 said:
Exactly..

was being bobbled and then used the ground to gain control...

We needed to challenge the catch.

I was jumping out of my seat wondering why Michaels or Madden didn't notice that Glenn DROPPED the ball! When people get a chance to actually look at the play they will notice the ball was dropped, it's a fairly easy call in my opinion.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1295357 said:
:lmao: Add me to that list of not wanting him refing my kids games.... People lie on here all the time about what they do.... But Glenn made a football move and Jennings from the U stripped him of the ball...

Sorry but you guys are wrong.

Please will someone get the clip.

The football move never happened since TG NEVER had control until it hit the ground.