Terry Glenn's fumble shouldnt have happened BECAUSE....

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but wasn't that a backwards pass which made that ball a live ball whether caught or not making it irrelevant if the ball hit the turf?

That is why I didn't think of that as an incomplete and wanted BP to challenge exactly like he did. We should of not let Seattle come back into the game on the next series plain and simple.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
RW Hitman;1295390 said:
I may be wrong, but wasn't that a backwards pass which made that ball a live ball whether caught or not making it irrelevant if the ball hit the turf?

That is why I didn't think of that as an incomplete and wanted BP to challenge exactly like he did. We should of not let Seattle come back into the game on the next series plain and simple.

The throw came from the endzone to out of the endzone so no.

wxcpo

Reaction score
fweegy;1295254 said:
Then you've screwed alot of high school football players, it was a catch, he caught it, had both hands around the ball, used the ball to help keep his balance when he slipped, then made a move, got hit and fumbled.

P.S. Please don't ref any of my kids games.

That's why I ref and you don't because clearly you don't know what you're talking about. For it to be a catch there has to be a football move, which there clearly was not. He caught the ball, tried to move forward, lost his balance and slipped down (even his knee hit the turf). Additionally, you cannot put the ball on the turf to help you maintain your balance.

P.S. I wouldn't because clearly you appreciate inferior refs.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
wxcpo;1295423 said:
That's why I ref and you don't because clearly you don't know what you're talking about. For it to be a catch there has to be a football move, which there clearly was not. He caught the ball, tried to move forward, lost his balance and slipped down (even his knee hit the turf). Additionally, you cannot put the ball on the turf to help you maintain your balance.

The football move part doesnt matter... he never had control.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Dyluke;1295286 said:
I thought the ground helped him control the ball during the catch - thus incomplete...

I wouldn't have challenged a thing. In fact, challenging anything about the play was a mistake in hindsight.

Let them have the TD that the refs originally game them and tie the game. Instead, we give them 2 points on a safety due to winning the challenge, only to give them a free kick to get the ball back and score a TD.

This was the turning point in the game. Better to cut your losses on that play and move on. It was the difference in the ballgame.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Tuna Helper;1295447 said:
I wouldn't have challenged a thing. In fact, challenging anything about the play was a mistake in hindsight.

Let them have the TD that the refs originally game them and tie the game. Instead, we give them 2 points on a safety due to winning the challenge, only to give them a free kick to get the ball back and score a TD.

This was the turning point in the game. Better to cut your losses on that play and move on. It was the difference in the ballgame.

Umm... give up 7 instead of 2?

Nice confidence in your defense.

wxcpo

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1295357 said:
:lmao: Add me to that list of not wanting him refing my kids games.... People lie on here all the time about what they do.... But Glenn made a football move and Jennings from the U stripped him of the ball...

Oh yes I am telling a lie because I want people on the internet that I don't know and will never meet to be impressed by the fact that I ref high school football games. If I really want to sound impressive I would have said colleg games, not high school.

I will add you to my list of guys who clearly do not know what they are talking about and who appreciate inferior refs.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
wxcpo;1295423 said:

No offense, but I can't stand referees right now.

No doubt that the Cowboys were playing against the 12th man, and the 13th tonight. With the 13th being the refs.

I guess they wanted to take care of Seattle after totally screwing them in the Super Bowl last year.

fweegy

Reaction score
wxcpo;1295423 said:

Dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smith22

Reaction score
I thought it was 50/50 on whether it was a catch.

I'm going to play back tivo now and check it out.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
smarta5150;1295475 said:
Umm... give up 7 instead of 2?

Nice confidence in your defense.

We gave up 8 and almost 9 instead by challenging that play. Remember, they get the ball back after getting the safety on a free kick.

Free kicks almost always result in good field position. I would have cut my losses and moved on.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wxcpo;1295220 said:
There was no football move, go back and watch it. He catches it, goes to make a move and he stumbles and the ball goes to the turf, right there it should have been ruled incomplete. Sorry, but I ref high school football games and with the benefit of instant replay that would have been ruled incomplete.

No he didn't catch it. That's what made it incomplete. He was bobbling the ball and used the ground to gain control, thus an incompletion.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I'll be waiting for a clip on this one as well because I also do not believe that was a catch. But the play shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Tuna Helper;1295514 said:
We gave up 8 and almost 9 instead by challenging that play. Remember, they get the ball back after getting the safety on a free kick.

Free kicks almost always result in good field position. I would have cut my losses and moved on.

"everyone is an expert AFTER the fact..."

look, giving up 2 pts is a whole lot better than giving up 7. the defense wasnt playing awful that night.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1295520 said:
No he didn't catch it. That's what made it incomplete. He was bobbling the ball and used the ground to gain control, thus an incompletion.

And people here are still talking about a "footbal move."

The term has nothing to do with this play since that ball was bobbled and hit the ground.

I cant wait till someone puts the game or replay up.

links18

Reaction score
McBriar has had a great season, but his lame *** free kick after the safety didn't help. I mean, they got possesion on the 50! I was also thinking:cool: it was a mistake to challenge the play, because it would be ruled a safety AND Seattle would get the ball back and just run it down our throats.