Great post. Schotty's offense, schematically, is excellent. The game management things are crazy to me, but the reality is that you can nitpick playcalls for every coach so that's not unique.I think we need to use nuance more when it comes to Shotty criticism. My gripe with him is in-game management, not scheme.
It’s obvious, especially from a passing standpoint, that Shotty’s scheme is a good one. We use a lot of motion and aren’t predictable schematically.
With both Garrett and McCarthy we had complaints about scheme and predictability. While Shotty may call a play or two you don’t like, the offensive scheme is really good.
Maybe he gets figured out in time, and they also need to get the run game back moving, but as of right here and now this offense can move the ball and Shotty deserves credit for that.
Texans played quarters/cover 4 almost the entire game.
Yeah makes you feel like I wish we’d have had an expert game management and decision making HC with Shotty as OC.Great post. Schotty's offense, schematically, is excellent. The game management things are crazy to me, but the reality is that you can nitpick playcalls for every coach so that's not unique.
Unlike the previous two (more JG than MM, probably), the coaching staff consistently failed to find any answers to what a defense is doing. That's not true now.
Part of that is how good Dak is pre-snap, but certainly the scheme enables it.
I don't believe many have an issue with CeeDee. Sounds like you'd LIKE there to be!Waiting for the negativity brigade.
We get some props from one teams. And well deserved.![]()
Absolutely not. But you know how this place is.I don't believe many have an issue with CeeDee. Sounds like you'd LIKE there to be!
Well I mean they're not going to just demote Schotty to hire BB lol. I do think Schotty is probably better in that McDaniels type role though.Yeah makes you feel like I wish we’d have had an expert game management and decision making HC with Shotty as OC.
Especially cause it didn’t seem like Shotty would ever get a HC gig meaning we don’t have to be afraid of him being poached.
I can see this going bad lol, but a part of me would be super interested in a Belicheck defense and culture/game management and Shotty as the Josh McDaniels run the whole offense guy.
Especially if Bill doesn’t get to do the GM duties this set-up intrigues me.
Wow.......
Wow.......
You know what's crazy is he's one of the rarities that get paid and actually keep playing at a high level We should salute him for doing that Prescott's another one I don't want to hear that he's overpaid at least he's still producing he hasn't got hurt and cut from the team without doing anything..To be honest, Lamb has always been 'difficult to cover' coz he plays all three WR positions at a high level. Not sure why we don't see more games like Sunday from him. Coaching....Dak...playcalling .....whoever/whatever but they need to figure it out.
Yeah I’ve never heard anyone say it publicly I’m really shocked.This is for all those who ask…”when was the last time our coaches out coached anyone”
