Texas Longhorns

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Biggems;3009121 said:
it was funny, there was this one Buffalo fan close to us that was all loud and rowdy for the entire first half. Needless to say, the 2nd half, he was as quiet as a mouse.:laugh2:

You think that's funny?

Let me just tell ya Biggs, My Wife's 2nd Cousin is the Backup QB for Colorado this year. Clark Evans is the kids name. Well, my in-laws are here at my house and of course, they are pulling for Colorado. My wife is a die hard Texas fan, as am I, and I thought it might come to blows when Texas won last night. My wife was there in front of here Dad doing the Peepee dance and my father in-law kept telling her, "I'm still your father damn it!"

:laugh2:

I was rolling on the floor.

Shady12

Reaction score
The Heisman is a joke, so it would never happen, but at this point Shipley deserves to be the frontrunner. He's on pace for about 120 catches and 1,500 yards, and could end up with 5+ return touchdowns. He has no weaknesses projecting him to the next level. He's big enough at about 6'0", he's fast, shifty, smart, runs outstanding routes, top notch hands, great body control going up for the ball..etc.

MC KAos

Reaction score
burmafrd;3004770 said:
easy to tell a texas homer. Yeah sure the media is the reason Texas has been in ONE NC GAME. WHile OU has been in what 5? Of course OU usually loses but at least they get there. Come on Biggems show me a program that gets top 5 talent every year and has done so for the last 10 years and has not made it to a NC game? Mack has only been able to get Texas to ONE.
Despite all that talent.

isnt it sad that you guys have been to 4 more national championship games by ur count, yet we have the same amount of championships?

Shady12;3011460 said:
The Heisman is a joke, so it would never happen, but at this point Shipley deserves to be the frontrunner. He's on pace for about 120 catches and 1,500 yards, and could end up with 5+ return touchdowns. He has no weaknesses projecting him to the next level. He's big enough at about 6'0", he's fast, shifty, smart, runs outstanding routes, top notch hands, great body control going up for the ball..etc.

i agree 100%, he has been the longhorns MVP and virtually unstoppable, i dont think there will be any stopping the ship for heisman train if he was another monster game vs the sooners

Avaj

Peace Be Still
Reaction score
Did anyone just see Colt fired up?? He said this is our house...that is what I"m talking about.

Ren

Reaction score
can't get the game here today :(

stuck with TCU vs BYU

Avaj

Peace Be Still
Reaction score
Ebner of Missouri is putting the wood on folks, 2 great hits

kmp77

Reaction score
Romo to Shipley.....TD!!!!!!

NY punts......Shipley catches...breaks right, sees daylight...he could....go...all...the....wayyyyyy........TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pray: :pray:

kmp77

Reaction score
Punt blocked!!! TD!!!! Man, best half of football we've played all year.

If Mississippi cand beat Florida, we should take the #1 spot.

Avaj

Peace Be Still
Reaction score
kmp77;3031138 said:
Punt blocked!!! TD!!!! Man, best half of football we've played all year.
I agree. They really look good tonight in every aspect!!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Avaj;3031142 said:
I agree. They really look good tonight in every aspect!!

except run defense.....that one scoring drive was brutal run defense.....of course Mizzou got away with a few downright obvious holds on that drive, including one on the initial play of the drive.

Ren

Reaction score
Colt gets a pass on the int today, he's played like it's 08 up until that

with a defense like the Horns have this year they don't need Colt to be perfect like last year anyways

Shady12

Reaction score
Next week..OK State, Halloween night. Gonna be a toughie. If they can get past that one they'll be heavily favored the rest of the way playing a weak north team in the Big 12 Championship.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
7 points tonight....82 pts in 7 games......68 pts by the defense (the other two TDs came on a pick 6 in the UTEP game and a blocked punt for a TD in the Wyoming game)

so as a team, the Horns are giving up just under 12 pts a game (all 3 phases combined)

as for the defense, they are giving up just under 10 pts a game