Texas now has lost 6 straight

terra

Reaction score
Texas now has lost 6 straight. The Sark death watch has begun.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
QB not good enough. Run game not strong enough. Defense not tough enough.

The end.
I have been shocked at just how bad the WR are.
The QBs are both very mid but WRs being 15 yards wide open and dropping the ball is just awful.
These are all high 4 star kids and they can't catch a cold.

End of day I expect Sark to get another year.
He should be looking hard at transfers right now.
But he is in on Arch Manning which will keep him employed imho.

terra

Reaction score
If there is not signs of progress by the end of the season I think he is gone. This is so horrible, and while Texas is not as talented as it has been in the past its a lot more talented then the results show and THAT is on the coach.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I must have missed that. I was so busy the last few days I heard about it but didn’t know it was confirmed yet. I heard they want Zindane. Thanks for letting me know.

Yeah, he practically was sacked that next morning. I think they're going to go after Mauricio Pochettino. He fits them better and has experience with Luke Shaw when he was in Soton.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Any more word about Sark?
According to a report from Brian Davis of the Austin American-Statesman, Steve Sarkisian has the University of Texas’ “full support” amid a five-game losing streak: Kevin Eltife, Texas chairman of the UT System Board of Regents, was at football practice Wednesday to tell Steve Sarkisian personally that he had the school's full support, a source said.

He is VERY unlikely to be fired after only one season.
Especially given the cost to do so and then replace him and his entire staff. UT is very business-minded.

With LSU, USC, Florida jobs all open it would be insane to enter the coach search pool.
More likely would be to quietly discuss with Urban and hire him end of next year at which point the 10M per he wants will be the going rate.

terra

Reaction score
According to a report from Brian Davis of the Austin American-Statesman, Steve Sarkisian has the University of Texas’ “full support” amid a five-game losing streak: Kevin Eltife, Texas chairman of the UT System Board of Regents, was at football practice Wednesday to tell Steve Sarkisian personally that he had the school's full support, a source said.

He is VERY unlikely to be fired after only one season.
Especially given the cost to do so and then replace him and his entire staff. UT is very business-minded.

With LSU, USC, Florida jobs all open it would be insane to enter the coach search pool.
More likely would be to quietly discuss with Urban and hire him end of next year at which point the 10M per he wants will be the going rate.
This was before the sixth straight loss, though, was it not?

terra

Reaction score
As rich as Texas is, as many rich alumni as it has, the buyout consideration should NOT be a factor.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
As rich as Texas is, as many rich alumni as it has, the buyout consideration should NOT be a factor.
That's not the real world or reality.
UT is still paying Herman 15M.
They just GTD Sark 34M and they GTD his top assistants all 5M+ each.
They'd then have to go find a Coach which means trawling very bloodied waters given USC, LSU and Florida all need coaches with very few top options.
UT's targets would likely include Urban Mayer who wanted twice what Sark got paid, Jeff Traylor who has a 7m buyout and a 10 year GTRD deal at UTSA. Lane Kiffin who has only a 2M buy out but would want a very large salary.

No business looks at 50-60M in spend and thinks cool, cool. Especially given they have to negotiate a B12 exit.

UT picked this guy and they'll ride with him at least another year.

terra

Reaction score
That's not the real world or reality.
UT is still paying Herman 15M.
They just GTD Sark 34M and they GTD his top assistants all 5M+ each.
They'd then have to go find a Coach which means trawling very bloodied waters given USC, LSU and Florida all need coaches with very few top options.
UT's targets would likely include Urban Mayer who wanted twice what Sark got paid, Jeff Traylor who has a 7m buyout and a 10 year GTRD deal at UTSA. Lane Kiffin who has only a 2M buy out but would want a very large salary.

No business looks at 50-60M in spend and thinks cool, cool. Especially given they have to negotiate a B12 exit.

UT picked this guy and they'll ride with him at least another year.
If the business is big enough $60 million is quite viable.
For Texas it is so really just admit it. You talk about real world well for the super rich schools that is the real world.

NOW one can say the AD who made these deals should certainly walk the plank; but to not spend what is necessary to keep the ship from sinking is JUST PLAIN DUMB.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Texas now has lost 6 straight. The Sark death watch has begun.

Someone on another post said they “ wouldn’t fire Sark “ the tread I started about Gary Patterson or Sonny Dykes being an improvement . I think they may want to change that opinion . Sark is one and done

Hardline

Reaction score
I would crawl on hands and knees before Mack Brown and beg him to come back.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sark is coaching a team he didn't recruit. He doesn't know his own team. That changes as he goes through his first full recruiting cycle. You have to give these guys at least 2-3 recruiting cycles before evaluating. Saban was 7-6 in his first season at Alabama.