Texas Rangers 2013 Thread

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Going to be one interesting season. If AJ can play like he did last year with Chicago and Berkman like he did in 2011 with St. Louis, I don't think Hamilton will be missed at all. That's a lot to ask for two veterans , but I like what they did with the pitching staff. Soria, Feliz, Nathan is a decent bullpen and Darvish, Harrison, and Holland is a solid rotation. Interesting to see how Tepesech does in the rotation as a rookie.

Astros series should be easy, then comes the real challenge with the Angels coming to Texas next. Hamilton better be ready!

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Go rangers!!

We still have one hell of a lineup. Screw Josh. My main worry is the rotation.

Is Feliz healthy?

TheCowboy

Reaction score
RastaRocket;5037375 said:
Go rangers!!

We still have one hell of a lineup. Screw Josh. My main worry is the rotation.

Is Feliz healthy?
Him and Soria are on the DL I think to start the year

Mike_45

Reaction score
TheCowboy;5037382 said:
Him and Soria are on the DL I think to start the year

Feliz is on the 60 day DL, if I recall correctly.

I am pretty excited about the season. The offseason was pretty sad, but its opening day and hopefully the team improved through out the winter.

It will be weird with no Michael Young, but that was due for a change.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
I have Harrison and Altuve starting for me in a money league, so i'm mixed about that missed SB call.

Great b2b Ks for Harrison made me happy.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
MegaMagick;5037490 said:
I have Harrison and Altuve starting for me in a money league, so i'm mixed about that missed SB call.

Great b2b Ks for Harrison made me happy.

I've got Harrison.

Another thing I'm excited about this season is David Murphy's increased playing time. Just watching that last at bat reminds me how good of an eye he has and his ability to extend at bats.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
TheCowboy;5037257 said:
Going to be one interesting season. If AJ can play like he did last year with Chicago and Berkman like he did in 2011 with St. Louis, I don't think Hamilton will be missed at all. That's a lot to ask for two veterans , but I like what they did with the pitching staff. Soria, Feliz, Nathan is a decent bullpen and Darvish, Harrison, and Holland is a solid rotation. Interesting to see how Tepesech does in the rotation as a rookie.

Astros series should be easy, then comes the real challenge with the Angels coming to Texas next. Hamilton better be ready!

Astros in 1st place.....I won't be able to say it often this season, but I sure can after tonight.....take easy and shove it.

8-2 and scoreboard!!!

GO STROS

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Biggems;5037610 said:
Astros in 1st place.....I won't be able to say it often this season, but I sure can after tonight.....take easy and shove it.

8-2 and scoreboard!!!

GO STROS

Haha congrats.

Darvish on Tuesday. :cool:

Speaking of Yu... this video is awesome.

[youtube]PXO8ByR0H7g[/youtube]

ologan

Reaction score
Not only in first of the AL West, but the best record in the majors.....at least for a few more hours! We take consolation where we can find it! Go 'Stros!

MegaMagick

Reaction score
It sucks having to adjust to our new lineup. Before, it was fearsome with Hamilton-Beltre-Cruz-Napoli in the middle striking fear into the hearts of opposing pitchers, now it's difficult to know where the offense will come from on a given night.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
MegaMagick;5037735 said:
It sucks having to adjust to our new lineup. Before, it was fearsome with Hamilton-Beltre-Cruz-Napoli in the middle striking fear into the hearts of opposing pitchers, now it's difficult to know where the offense will come from on a given night.

Hamilton was a big loss out of that group, but I could really care less about losing Napoli. He had a good season two years ago, but last year proved he was overrated. AJ is more than capable of making up for him. Soto is a much better catcher in the field as well. We'll probably see Soto on Tuesday with Yu.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
http://rangersblog.***BANNED-URL***...vis-andrus-close-on-long-term-extension.html/

CBSSports.com’s Jon Heyman reports that the Rangers and shortstop Elvis Andrus have agreed to an eight-year, $120 million extension.

:D :D :D

So happy we have Elvis locked up!! I thought it was a given he would be a Yankee. Profar to second base, Kinsler to somewhere :laugh2:

RastaRocket

Reaction score
No4.gif

:laugh2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RastaRocket;5038135 said:
http://rangersblog.***BANNED-URL***...vis-andrus-close-on-long-term-extension.html/

:D :D :D

So happy we have Elvis locked up!! I thought it was a given he would be a Yankee. Profar to second base, Kinsler to somewhere :laugh2:

Dang, Astros entire team payroll is 27.3 million. :laugh2:

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Doomsday101;5038168 said:
Dang, Astros entire team payroll is 27.3 million. :laugh2:

Ya, but they have shed all their high salary guys recently in order to let the youth system grow. He's making like $11 mil this year; which would still be a massive chunk of the Stros payroll. :laugh2: