Texas Rangers

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
That was literally the last in my sports feather. For the ones in my lifetime.

Cowboys, Stars, Mavs and Rangers all did it.

Longhorns did it.

My Alma Mater Auburn did it.

I've got all the trophies now.
Here's my list:

1) DFW Sweep: Cowboys, Stars, Mavs, Rangers

2) Miami Hurricanes: National Champions in Football & College World Series Champions

All I'm missing is for Miami to win the college basketball championship and my list gets finished.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Here's my list:

1) DFW Sweep: Cowboys, Stars, Mavs, Rangers

2) Miami Hurricanes: National Champions in Football & College World Series Champions

All I'm missing is for Miami to win the college basketball championship and my list gets finished.
I've added Auburn getting a basketball title since we got Pearl and he came so close twice. So I guess I have a new white whale.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Mine is now for Texas Tech to win in baseball (gotten close but falls short) basketball (got to the championship game but lost) and football (lol)

I'm not counting on any of the 3 to ever happen.
Football would be the longest shot, but they came close in the other two sports so there is a chance it could happen.

ZC5qcGc

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
As an Arlington kid growing up, I have been to much more Rangers games than the Cowboys games in Irving/Arlington. I never thought I’d see this day. I wish my grandparents were here to see this.
I remember the blazing summers back in the 1970's, sitting on those hot outfield bleacher seats at Arlington Stadium........ 58 years old now and I too never thought I would see this day.

I'm speechless !

JustChip

Reaction score
I remember the blazing summers back in the 1970's, sitting on those hot outfield bleacher seats at Arlington Stadium........ 58 years old now and I too never thought I would see this day.

I'm speechless !
Yep. We lived in Arlington from 72 to 80 while I was going to UTA at night. I once got out of class at 10 and the Rangers’ game was still in progress, tied 1-1. I went to game and stayed until they called it at 1 am, still tied 1-1. Pete Incaviglia had crushed a ball in the bottom of one if the extra innings I thought for sure was a home run, but the wind held it up just enough.

Oh, and they lost the game when they resumed the next day.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
What a night! I'm not going to lie, after 2011 I felt like I might be a jinx for the team so I watch from afar and have my wife update me and I'll jump in and watch.....stupid to think I influence a game but felt real. Last night I watched the whole thing and just kept getting visions of them dogpiling after a win. That 9th HR was incredible and could not be more proud. I remember being in high school and going with my friends to the old Arlington Stadium. Outfield seats with shirts off and grabbing beers..lol. Took a long time but worth it!!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Great job Rangers! I know how you longtime fans feel after those devastating losses to the Yankees in the Pudge/Gonzo days, the two World Series collapses, and everything inbetween. Jerry needs to take note, even the Rangers can make it happen in the 21st century.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Great job Rangers! I know how you longtime fans feel after those devastating losses to the Yankees in the Pudge/Gonzo days, the two World Series collapses, and everything inbetween. Jerry needs to take note, even the Rangers can make it happen in the 21st century.
One franchise cares, the other doesn't.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
The early favorite next year is the Braves? Did they not notice they choked in the NLDS two years in a row?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
2011 finally means nothing now! Will no longer shudder at hearing the name David Freese. It was all apart of the journey now. Same as when the Mavs blew it in 2006 and they exercised those demons in 2011.

TEXAS RANGERS ARE CHAMPS. Honestly never thought I'd see this. Especially not this year. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year.

It really didn't kick in that this team might just do something until we took the first 2 in Houston. Then it became real.