Texas Rangers

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The early favorite next year is the Braves? Did they not notice they choked in the NLDS two years in a row?
Phillies are their kryptonite in the playoffs. Braves curl up in the fetal position when they play them. But looked awesome against anyone else.

It will be the usual suspects at the top for next year's odds. Atlanta, LAD, Houston. Texas should be in the top 5 though. This reminds me of 2010. Not really looked to do much but made some moves and then it became real as the season went along. Played with house money all playoffs and underdogs in every series. Next year, we could even better, just like Rangers were in 2011.

I think we can build something similar to what Houston has going. This wasn't some fly by night fluke like the Marlins did in theirs. We have the foundation, a great playoff manager, a front office with a real vision. I am very excited for the Rangers next 5 years future.

Dallas Stars look to have a really good future, too.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I hope the parade route does a couple laps around Jerry World..... just to piss off Jerry.
Sadly, it won't. He is too busy counting his billions. He already has 3 of them and he is content with those. His mission now is to be a control freak and getting as much press as possible, good or bad. He's now seen every other DFW team win a title since his last one in 1996. Even once loser franchises like Rangers and Mavs. Nothing will change.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
Phillies are their kryptonite in the playoffs. Braves curl up in the fetal position when they play them. But looked awesome against anyone else.

It will be the usual suspects at the top for next year's odds. Atlanta, LAD, Houston. Texas should be in the top 5 though. This reminds me of 2010. Not really looked to do much but made some moves and then it became real as the season went along. Played with house money all playoffs and underdogs in every series. Next year, we could even better, just like Rangers were in 2011.

I think we can build something similar to what Houston has going. This wasn't some fly by night fluke like the Marlins did in theirs. We have the foundation, a great playoff manager, a front office with a real vision. I am very excited for the Rangers next 5 years future.

Dallas Stars look to have a really good future, too.
Cowboys are 5-2 and Mavs are 4-0 (although they haven't played anyone yet)

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Cowboys are 5-2 and Mavs are 4-0 (although they haven't played anyone yet)
Mavs really need to add one more legit player. Don't think their current roster can beat teams like Denver in the playoffs. Also, their defense looks very soft but honestly, NBA doesn't really do defense anymore. But the games do slow down a little in the playoffs. Hopefully Kyrie and Luka can build some magic. They didn't get to play much together last year.

Cowboys are well, the Cowboys lol. Never terrible but just a notch below the real contenders. Would love for them to finally get over that hump this year. Hopefully we can win this weekend.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
2011 finally means nothing now! Will no longer shudder at hearing the name David Freese. It was all apart of the journey now. Same as when the Mavs blew it in 2006 and they exercised those demons in 2011.

TEXAS RANGERS ARE CHAMPS. Honestly never thought I'd see this. Especially not this year. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year.

It really didn't kick in that this team might just do something until we took the first 2 in Houston. Then it became real.
I always blamed Nelson Cruz for misplaying that ball as bad as he did. It all went down hill from that moment on.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I always blamed Nelson Cruz for misplaying that ball as bad as he did. It all went down hill from that moment on.
And I still don't get his positioning. At that point you let nothing get behind you. He could have sat at the wall and caught that. But oh well, that demon is exorcised!

Blackspider214

Reaction score
To be fair, we don't even get to the World Series without him. He got the Bill Buckner treatment from our fans, on a much harder play than Buckner's ball. Yes, it wasn't a good route or jump on the ball. But like the Buckner play, that didn't lose the World Series for us. We immediately came up the next inning and Josh Hamilton hit a 2 run HR to go back up 2. We once again get to one strike away in the 10th and Darren Oliver blows it to Berkman. Then gave up the game winner to Freese in the 11th. You can say, well none of that should have happened? Maybe but it did. Sports happens like that.

There was also a whole game 7 after that game we could have won. And actually got a quick 2-0 lead in the top 1st of that game but immediately let STL tie it in bottom 1st and then bats went ice cold the next 8 innings.

Hopefully now, Rangers fans can put that to bed. I know it doesn't erase it for the players as none of them are on this team. Honestly, not even sure how many of those players even play today at all? Is Cruz the only one currently playing? If not, can't be a ton of others.

Kinsler ended up getting a ring with Boston in 2018. Along with Moreland. At least some of them got to make up for that collapse.

Good thing now, is we can watch 2011 in different eyes. It was all apart of making last night so great. I have watched the end to 2011 many times and caused nothing but heartbreak and what if. Heck, I might even one day go back and watch the entire game 6. That whole game had so many moments. Last night put that to bed in terms of it being a nightmare.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
To be fair, we don't even get to the World Series without him. He got the Bill Buckner treatment from our fans, on a much harder play than Buckner's ball. Yes, it wasn't a good route or jump on the ball. But like the Buckner play, that didn't lose the World Series for us. We immediately came up the next inning and Josh Hamilton hit a 2 run HR to go back up 2. We once again get to one strike away in the 10th and Darren Oliver blows it to Berkman. Then gave up the game winner to Freese in the 11th. You can say, well none of that should have happened? Maybe but it did. Sports happens like that.

There was also a whole game 7 after that game we could have won. And actually got a quick 2-0 lead in the top 1st of that game but immediately let STL tie it in bottom 1st and then bats went ice cold the next 8 innings.

Hopefully now, Rangers fans can put that to bed. I know it doesn't erase it for the players as none of them are on this team. Honestly, not even sure how many of those players even play today at all? Is Cruz the only one currently playing? If not, can't be a ton of others.

Kinsler ended up getting a ring with Boston in 2018. Along with Moreland. At least some of them got to make up for that collapse.

Good thing now, is we can watch 2011 in different eyes. It was all apart of making last night so great. I have watched the end to 2011 many times and caused nothing but heartbreak and what if. Heck, I might even one day go back and watch the entire game 6. That whole game had so many moments. Last night put that to bed in terms of it being a nightmare.
I'm not discounting what Nelson meant to the team - he was damn good and you are right, there's a chance they never make it to the show in 2010 and 2011 without him. Unfortunately, that 1 bad play will be etched into memory forever. It's the only memory I have left of his time in Texas, and I'm sad to admit that

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Congratulations, Rangers. It was a long time coming. Y'all picked it up a few notches and played some great ball when it mattered the most.

RonWashington

Reaction score
In retrospect the DBacks seemed tight wound up all series . Those fielding errors were huge the base running blunder the not hitting with men in scoring position .

On the flip side the Rangers mirrored Bochy . Calm confident determined . Loose . Enjoying the moment not letting it overwhelm . The Rangers faced elimination twice in Houston a much better team then Arizona let’s be honest . And the Rangers thrived in Houston .

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
One thing I want to point out is that the Rangers finally got that last strike.

Veterans of failed WS past will know what I mean.

T-RO

Reaction score
It will be the usual suspects at the top for next year's odds. Atlanta, LAD, Houston. Texas should be in the top 5 though.
Texas will have the best line-up in the MLB, bar none. 100% bar none.

This team could literally have 8 out of 9 position ball player all-stars. Two leading candidates for Rookie-of-the-Year. Two candidates for League MVP. If anyone thinks this is hyperbole...please try me. Please try me. I'm in the mood to lay down the hurt.

Pitching will be the question, both starting depth and bullpen. Botchy's return will be a question.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Texas will have the best line-up in the MLB, bar none. 100% bar none.

This team could literally have 8 out of 9 position ball player all-stars. Two leading candidates for Rookie-of-the-Year. Two candidates for League MVP. If anyone thinks this is hyperbole...please try me. Please try me. I'm in the mood to lay down the hurt.

Pitching will be the question, both starting depth and bullpen. Botchy's return will be a question.
Bochy will be back. He has 2 years left on his contract. He didn't just come back for one season. He still wants to manage and knows this team is setup for the future and present. I have no idea how long he will be here but we absolutely don't win it all if we still had someone like Ron Wash or Banister. When we went down 3-2 to Houston, losing all 3 at home and losing game 5 like we did game 6 2011, Bochy kept this team focused and composed. He has been here before and this wasn't new. And we went to Houston and dominated. Then losing Max and Garcia after game 3, we still didn't blink. Came back the next 2 games and won both to close it out. Bochy is a postseason genius and knows exactly which buttons to press and when. Players love him.

This was the first WS we had the manager advantage. Didn't in our other 2, one being against Bochy. I am not one that thinks just because you win rings, that absolutely no decision you make can't be questioned. But every manager makes questionable calls. It's how sports works and what makes it so fun. The rollercoaster ride. I can't think of any second guesses I had of Bochy this postseason. He was nails.