Texas Tech football

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Joey has really done well.
Local guy who can recruit DFW extremely well.

He was Matt Rhule's first hire at Baylor and they built a Big 12 winning roster with 4-5 guys now playing in the NFL.

Tech took a major step up in recruiting and game mgmt with his hire.
Now Tech is going to have to pay him to keep him is my guess.

But very fortunate to have landed him.
His former Cedar Hill players thought he might get the TCU job.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
Joey has really done well.
Local guy who can recruit DFW extremely well.

He was Matt Rhule's first hire at Baylor and they built a Big 12 winning roster with 4-5 guys now playing in the NFL.

Tech took a major step up in recruiting and game mgmt with his hire.
Now Tech is going to have to pay him to keep him is my guess.

But very fortunate to have landed him.
His former Cedar Hill players thought he might get the TCU job.

I think they can be top 10 next year

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think they can be top 10 next year
It'll be tough because they lose a lot of seniors on that defense and the OL is still fairly poor.
But it is a legit top 25 class he's bringing in and you can bet the transfer portal will land Tech some upper class help along both lines.
The QBs are all talented and the offense as a whole was very young.

My guy says they could hit top 10 in 2024.
And I really like where they can be as a program in a new Big 12 longer term.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
Texas Tech signed a top 25 class today. Insane amounts of speed.

Ben Golan
@BenjaminGolan

·
3h

Across the entire Big 12, entering today, #TexasTech had committed… - 5 of the top 20 in the 100 meter - 6 of the top 20 in the 200 meter There is some serious speed heading to Lubbock, TX in the near future.

I have lot respect for Tech. Fan base is not annoying like Aggies

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
Great days.
We have had a lot of misery so are passionate but not egomaniacs.
We also owned the Aggies in the Big 12.
From 1995 on Tech won 11 of 17 games played between the 2.

I thought bout catching a game in Lubbock. Looks fun

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have lot respect for Tech. Fan base is not annoying like Aggies
I’m a proud Texas Tech medical school alum.

And I HATE the Tech student fans.
Such a dumb fanbase. They will chant “BS” at the drop of a hat, even when Tech is obviously at fault.

And the repeated charging of the field at the end of the famous Michael Crabtree-UT game was idiotic (I was at that game and extremely embarrassed for Tech). They garnered penalties when the game wasn’t over and which could have jeopardized the outcome.

I love the folks who live in Lubbock. I just can’t stand the moronic student fans.

Aven8

Reaction score
I’m a proud Texas Tech medical school alum.

And I HATE the Tech student fans.
Such a dumb fanbase. They will chant “BS” at the drop of a hat, even when Tech is obviously at fault.

And the repeated charging of the field at the end of the famous Michael Crabtree-UT game was idiotic (I was at that game and extremely embarrassed for Tech). They garnered penalties when the game wasn’t over and which could have jeopardized the outcome.

I love the folks who live in Lubbock. I just can’t stand the moronic student fans.
That game was one for the ages and I didn’t fault them for rushing the field that day. UT was #1 and Tech was #7 at that time. That was the best win in Tech’s history.

But when they just beat a top 25 team? That’s silly

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Texas Tech fans charging the field is awesome, same with tortilla throwing.
Any engagement that draws out more college kids is a huge win for the sport and the school.
Tech played a top 10 strength of schedule this year.
They should darn well have celebrated every win as they fought tooth and nail for all of them.

Tech isn't getting bottle fed by the Texas PUF like Ag and Horn. It is always going to be scrappy and outgunned.
Especially with those 2 "elite academic" institutions running off to the SEC for money to play in the conference that all but scrapped academic requirements.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Texas Tech fans charging the field is awesome, same with tortilla throwing.
Any engagement that draws out more college kids is a huge win for the sport and the school.
Tech played a top 10 strength of schedule this year.
They should darn well have celebrated every win as they fought tooth and nail for all of them.

Tech isn't getting bottle fed by the Texas PUF like Ag and Horn. It is always going to be scrappy and outgunned.
Especially with those 2 "elite academic" institutions running off to the SEC for money to play in the conference that all but scrapped academic requirements.
I don’t mind them charging the field.

I do mind, however, when they charge the field multiple times with time still left on the clock which gets us 15 yard penalties.

That’s just dumb and embarrassing.