texas tech/ oklahoma 7:00 central

Mike_45

Reaction score
Dallas;2435537 said:
Dr. Lou cracks me up. Its like...

http://i251.***BLOCKED***/albums/gg283/benswenorjr/Sylvester.jpg

"Sufferinsuccotash....did you see the size of that mouse?"

:laugh2:

Hahahaha, I remember when he had Leach on for that Dr. Lou Segment, it was Sylvester and the Drunk.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Dallas;2435530 said:
Bro - let me break it down for you. Earlier in the week I threw some images into that thread I didn't even start. I was never on the boards during the game. I was out w/ friends at the bar watching it.

Im really really really really sorry that you felt that way about me not responding during the game.

I feel bad now cuz.

What can I do to make it up to you? How bout a hug?

I honestly didn't have a problem with the way you were getting on during the pregame - in fact, I found some of it to be very funny. And that was cool.

But where I had my problem with you is that you were no where to be found on the message board when Texas had won - which was exactly the opposite with how you carried on the year before when Texas lost to your team in a close one and you were right here gloating like a little peacock, rubbing it in even after congratulations were handed out by us.

And that was classless...

The very fact that you didn't show up this year after OU lost (even though you made sure to be here for the pregame smack) was a gutless act.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Mike_45;2435525 said:
Hahahaha, I know right. I keep thinking that in High Def I can see bits and pieces of food flying at me. He didnt always have that lisp did he?

The funniest thing is that he named his son "Skip" and he can't even pronounce the word. :laugh2:

"Shhhhhhhkip"

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Draegerman;2435546 said:
I honestly didn't have a problem with the way you were getting on during the pregame - in fact, I found some of it to be very funny. And that was cool.

But where I had my problem with you is that you were no where to be found on the message board when Texas had won - which was exactly the opposite with how you carried on the year before when Texas lost to your team in a close one and you were right here gloating like a little peacock, rubbing it in even after congratulations were handed out by us.

And that was classless...

The very fact that you didn't show up this year after OU lost (even though you made sure to be here for the pregame smack) was a gutless act.

Wow - you guys watch posters that closely? I don't even know who you are let alone which team you root for.

Amazing - Im sorry bro. I just don't have that much time on my hands to get so upset w/ ticky tacky interweb forum BS.

Which is exactly what you are doing i might add.

I can understand if I was thumping my chest about Oklahoma in that thread and then OU losing and me not coming back. That never happened though. Oklahoma lost the game, true. I certainly wasn't thinking OMG I gotta jet back to my house and post ATTA GAME Texas.

The only Texas fans I know in here for certain are Poke and Catch17 and Biggs and jimmy40. DOh - and Dooms. (sorry dooms)

I could care less if any of them came back and said atta game OU. I don't expect it. I guess im different than some.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Dallas;2435623 said:
Wow - you guys watch posters that closely? I don't even know who you are let alone which team you root for.

Amazing - Im sorry bro. I just don't have that much time on my hands to get so upset w/ ticky tacky interweb forum BS.

I can understand if I was thumping my chest about Oklahoma in that thread and then OU losing and me not coming back. That never happened though. Oklahoma lost the game, true. I certainly wasn't thinking OMG I gotta jet back to my house and post ATTA GAME Texas.

The only Texas fans I know in here for certain are Poke and Catch17 and Biggs and jimmy40. DOh - and Dooms. (sorry dooms)

I could care less if any of them came back and said atta game OU. I don't expect it. I guess im different than some.

You're right, this is petty - that much we both can agree on. I'll be willing to put it behind us as long as you'll promise to include me the next time in the list of Texas fans that you know. ;)

FTR - I didn't mention you by name when I made that statement, not because I needed to "grow some and stop tippy-toeing around it", but because I didn't want to get into it with you this late after it had happened. Only Mike had an idea that it was you who I was referring to but it wasn't my intention to respond to his question and place the spotlight on you - that was your doing.

Have the last word if you like...I'm moving on.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Dallas;2435623 said:

How can you not know silverbear is a Horns fan...he openly flaunts his allegiance to the burnt orange.....

BTW....I love watching TT get their butts handed to them, even if I have to listen to that dadgum Boomer Sooner song.....

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Biggems;2435654 said:
How can you not know silverbear is a Horns fan...he openly flaunts his allegiance to the burnt orange.....

BTW....I love watching TT get their butts handed to them, even if I have to listen to that dadgum Boomer Sooner song.....

No kidding, that's the reason why I can't get to sleep - I can't get their damn fight song out of my head. ;)

Seriously, Biggs, this OU team was scary good tonight - frightening even. I, too, wanted them to win but not like this. A margin of victory this wide for them against a team that beat us is almost going to guarantee OU jumping ahead of us in the polls.

Unfortunate, to be sure, since I have a bad feeling that we will be on the outside looking in once the bowl games are announced.

Ren

Reaction score
Draegerman;2435668 said:
Unfortunate, to be sure, since I have a bad feeling that we will be on the outside looking in once the bowl games are announced.

I'm really not sure how the BCS system works but since the Big 12 winner is more the likely going to the BCS championship doesn't the #2 Team in the Big 12 go to the Fiesta Bowl?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Ren;2435702 said:
I'm really not sure how the BCS system works but since the Big 12 winner is more the likely going to the BCS championship doesn't the #2 Team in the Big 12 go to the Fiesta Bowl?

I don't think it's that clear cut. THe winner of the Big 12 typically goes to the Fiesta, but you never know.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dallas;2435623 said:

Im not a Texas fan.

I just really like College football but dont have a favorite team.

I was however rooting for Texas because im a Colt McCoy fan and told a lot of people he would have a Heisman run this year before the season.

I got laughed at. Now who is laughin.

BTW.. Texas is still better than OU.

Thats the best game OU has played against a quality opponent in years.

1 game doesn't change what the majority of OU games vs good teams has shown.

Route 66

Reaction score
CATCH17;2435918 said:
BTW.. Texas is still better than OU.

Thats the best game OU has played against a quality opponent in years.

1 game doesn't change what the majority of OU games vs good teams has shown.

So in your mind 1 game doesn't change anything with what OU did, how is it fair to say the same about Texas being better based on playing OU once? I feel that teams that gel throughout the year and become more cohesive are more dangerous each game they play with each other. Therefore IMO, playing the Raiders now versus when Texas did makes them a tougher team minus any injuries obviously.

If OU lost, everyone would say that they sucked like everyone thought. If they win, then it was just a good "1 game win". The Raiders didn't just lose but they lost big. I think that's really the key to how OU will be BCS ranked.
If there was a playoff system in place and somehow Texas played OU again and you guys won, I would try to be one of the first Sooners fans to congratulate Texas on beating us.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Rowdy;2436024 said:
So in your mind 1 game doesn't change anything with what OU did, how is it fair to say the same about Texas being better based on playing OU once? I feel that teams that gel throughout the year and become more cohesive are more dangerous each game they play with each other. Therefore IMO, playing the Raiders now versus when Texas did makes them a tougher team minus any injuries obviously.

If OU lost, everyone would say that they sucked like everyone thought. If they win, then it was just a good "1 game win". The Raiders didn't just lose but they lost big. I think that's really the key to how OU will be BCS ranked.
If there was a playoff system in place and somehow Texas played OU again and you guys won, I would try to be one of the first Sooners fans to congratulate Texas on beating us.

I honestly dont care.

Its a bogus National championship if you have this many one loss teams.

A Human should not be able to give a team the right.

Texas is better though. They have shown all year they can play D. Ou did it for 1 game. One of the few games Vinnables can be proud of in his time @ OU.

OU has a better offense, because of their offensive line. But Texas has a better team and it was proven on the field.

I dont understand how a 1 loss Texas could get left out of a game where they beat both teams by Double Digits but hey... Thats College football. A bogus/Mythical sport.

Hank Johnson

Benched
Reaction score
ou, texas, bama, florida, usc, and penn state should be a part of a six team playoff.

i disagree that texas proved they are better than ou. ou wasn't the same team then that i saw last night. murray was pitiful against the horns and they never really ran the ball with brown. they lost their middle linebacker, then proceeded to give up 160 yards rushing after he went down. their line played bad against texas compared to last night.

in my mind, ou is gonna have to beat the sec champion to get any respect, including mine.

you don't have to like someone to understand where they're at. and ou's at the top of college football right now, JMHO.

also, i don't understand how someone can say they "really like college football" then turn around and call it a bogus/mythical sport. very laughable.