Texas vs Nebraska

Avaj

Peace Be Still
Reaction score
I know the game isn't till tonight.

I just wanted to get understanding of the BCS. Now if Texas wins we either play Florida or Alabama depends who wins today in the Championship game right? What happens if we lose?

MC KAos

Reaction score
if we lose i will have off from wednesday through the next tuesday of the national championship week from work, which i asked off after the okie state game, off for no reason, and i will feel like a *******. also because i asked my grandparents in law who live in sunland if it was ok if we stayed there so i can go to the game. not only that, they are sooner fans so they would rub it in if we went to visit anyway.

Avaj

Peace Be Still
Reaction score
I just want to know where we would stand Lord forbid if we lose. Which bowl game would we play?

Ren

Reaction score
Avaj;3117922 said:
I just want to know where we would stand Lord forbid if we lose. Which bowl game would we play?

They're not gonna lose, Nebraska has no offense :cool:

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Avaj;3117922 said:

Texas would likely get an at-large bid to the 2nd or 3rd tier BCS bowl best to my knowledge, but until the outcome of the SEC championship, it's still too early to determine.

MC KAos

Reaction score
i would be willing to bet we would be in the orange bowl. sugar would take the loser of the SEC game, fiesta wouldnt want a rematch so we would prob be picked by the orange next. i think the team that loses out would be boise, they might not get a BCS game if we lose, i bet they will be rooting for the horns today

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Avaj;3117909 said:
I know the game isn't till tonight.

I just wanted to get understanding of the BCS. Now if Texas wins we either play Florida or Alabama depends who wins today in the Championship game right? What happens if we lose?

You get a big kiss on the mouth from TCU.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Rampage;3117985 said:
does Nebraska even have a chance?
The only chance they have IMO is if they old Texas' offense under 17 points. In other words, they don't have much of a chance.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Rampage;3117985 said:

They have a completely dominant defense--by far the best Texas has seen this year. But unless it's by turnovers or special teams, I'm not sure how they can score enough.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Danny White;3117989 said:
You get a big kiss on the mouth from TCU.
That's right....either TCU or Cincy would be playing for the title.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The Longhorns are superior to Nebraska in virtually every facet of the game. However, my thoughts are permeated with recollections of the inaugural Big 12 Championship game in 1996 when the Longhorns, who were 21 point underdogs, defeated the Cornhusker dynasty of Tom Osborne.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;3117985 said:

Why do you think UT went to the big 12 for so the y can win every year - they only competion they have is OK

UT a bunch of P***sys

Arkansas going to SEC big props

http://i80.***BLOCKED***/albums/j190/sjurg71/heartoftexas.jpg

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3118273 said:
Why do you think UT went to the big 12 for so the y can win every year - they only competion they have is OK

UT a bunch of P***sys

Texas 27 SWC titles

Arkansas 13 SWC titles

Just sayin....

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3118273 said:

UT a bunch of P***sys

Arkansas left the SWC because they got tired of being turned into pork chops by the Horns.

The SWC 4 didnt combine with the Big 8 until a few years after Arkansas left for the SEC.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nebraska has a great D this season, however, their offense is horrible.

If Texas can contain Suh, I think they will handle Nebraska pretty easily.

I am gonna go homer here......Texas 38 - Nebraska 10

Hoofbite

Reaction score
If Texas lost they would go to the Fiesta Bowl and TCU or Cincy would play Alabama.

IIRC, the Big 12 champ is slotted to the Fiesta Bowl.

Actually, I'm wrong. They couldn't be Big 12 Champs with a loss.

stupid.....stupid.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Alabama rising up to beat Florida? OK

But the Huskers beating UT, don't see that.

Avaj

Peace Be Still
Reaction score
They are doing local special of the game here. Stephen Jones is talking right now with Dale Hansen.