Texas vs Ohio St. thread

Ren

Reaction score
Rowdy;2557137 said:
I make nothing up what I post. Its comments like "the annual OU choke". Gee that didn't take me long. :rolleyes:

that had what to do with lack of talent? :rolleyes:

take your time one this one

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Rowdy;2557037 said:
First of all, you don't know whats been said over and over concerning the lack of respect towards OU. I HAVE shown respect towards Texas and stated that either team deserves to play against Florida. But you have several here who can't even see that OU deserves to play football.

I came in here towards those fans who do nothing but incessantly put OU down over and over and now that Texas is non-existant so far, I am commenting on that. I more than have my right. If you feel that there are disparaging comments made, then go back and complain to those who actually said those vulgar comments because I said nothing-get YOUR facts straight before you bring guns ablazing towards me.

I never put OU down... I simply stated they should not be ranked above UT after losing to them on a neutral field. I would make the same argument in OU's favor had they won that game given they have the same record...

It's simple logic... UT>OU this year... both FINE teams...

Route 66

Reaction score
Ren;2557146 said:
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

dude go look in a mirror before you make statements like this.

if there ever was a person that statement fit it's... :rolleyes:

LMAO!!!:lmao: :lmao:

I posted at least three or four positive comments about Texas in this thread alone. You are in denial.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Rowdy;2557129 said:
Wow, no wonder I got the original response I got from you. You're one of those too. Too bad you aren't a true fan of the game where you can see both sides of the coin. I can see a great Texas team that could have easily gone in instead of OU and I see a OU team that deserves to be there too. But no, you just CANT see it can you? You only see your side. That is a sign of no class.

There's a difference between passion for your team and a total disregard for any other team but your own. That isn't being some great fan, its being a sore loser. There are Horns fans here like Hank and Kaos who see both sides of it. So for me to come on here and mention you guys aren't backing up what you spew, I'm going to comment on it.

See... that is where you look the fool. I am a UT fan and I do see both sides, I have no problem admitting when the team is lacking..and I don't have the blind love for the UT team that you think I do. I'm a fighting duck alumni and I know that UT put out a season that deserved a national championship game end where as my team just didn't perform this season.

And as for the remark about my not having class... I'm pretty sure that most in here that know me would tell you that I do have class and that I probably have more class and good sportsmanship than you have in that little sausage of yours.

Route 66

Reaction score
trickblue;2557150 said:
... both FINE teams...

COOL. I wholeheartedly agree with you on that. That is a lot more than other Horns fans can say. Much appreciated and good luck the second half.

MC KAos

Reaction score
i think we can turn it around in the second half, good defensive battle so far. the horns fans here who thought this would be a blowout better buckle up for a close, heavy weight fist fight!!

MC KAos

Reaction score
id like to see whittaker more too, he is our most explosive back

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
trickblue;2557150 said:
I never put OU down... I simply stated they should not be ranked above UT after losing to them on a neutral field. I would make the same argument in OU's favor had they won that game given they have the same record...

It's simple logic... UT>OU this year... both FINE teams...

I'm a Texas fan, and I can't even agree with that. I honestly don't know that you can say that UT is a better team than OU.

Would I have liked to go to the National Championship game? Yeah, of course. Do I think we deserve it? I don't know.

Route 66

Reaction score
CowboyPrincess;2557179 said:
See... that is where you look the fool. I am a UT fan and I do see both sides, I have no problem admitting when the team is lacking..and I don't have the blind love for the UT team that you think I do. I'm a fighting duck alumni and I know that UT put out a season that deserved a national championship game end where as my team just didn't perform this season.

And as for the remark about my not having class... I'm pretty sure that most in here that know me would tell you that I do have class and that I probably have more class and good sportsmanship than you have in that little sausage of yours.

That's a lot of class you got there with your insinuations in the last sentence and yet slam others here for making the same type of comments. VERY classy.

Route 66

Reaction score
DragonCowboy;2557191 said:
I'm a Texas fan, and I can't even agree with that. I honestly don't know that you can say that UT is a better team than OU.

Would I have liked to go to the National Championship game? Yeah, of course. Do I think we deserve it? I don't know.

I'm not saying this is cool because it makes OU look good, its a fair assessment at being open to the fact that there are other teams out there that have a chance besides Texas.

Class 101 right there CP.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score

I can only go by the head to head result... that's all I know...

MC KAos

Reaction score

i agree, but i there is a whole half to go

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Rowdy;2557129 said:
There are Horns fans here like Hank and Kaos who see both sides of it.

Say what? Did you forget to take your senility pill this morning? ;)

All kidding aside...Rowdy, this is our game tonight and not yours - no need to turn it into another UT/OU debate. Now let us have our moment in the sun - the Sooners/Gators will be here in a few days and then it will be your turn to shine.

With that said, I have to confess that Texas came out very flat in the 1st half and Colt showed signs of Romo (Como or Rolt?). Here's hoping that they can get it going in the 2nd half.

HOOK'EM!!!

Route 66

Reaction score
MC KAos;2557184 said:
i think we can turn it around in the second half, good defensive battle so far. the horns fans here who thought this would be a blowout better buckle up for a close, heavy weight fist fight!!

You know I'd like to see Texas lose for OU's sake as a statement but I see a different half coming up in Texas' favor.

MC KAos

Reaction score
trickblue;2557197 said:
I can only go by the head to head result... that's all I know...

thats true also, but it will be a mute point if we lose. its kind of like cal a couple of years ago, they got beat in their bowl, just proving the pollsters got it right

Route 66

Reaction score
Draegerman;2557200 said:
Say what? Did you forget to take your senility pill this morning? ;)

All kidding aside...Rowdy, this is our game tonight and not yours - no need to turn it into another UT/OU debate. Now let us have our moment in the sun - the Sooners/Gators will be here in a few days and then it will be your turn to shine.

With that said, I have to confess that Texas came out very flat in the 1st half and Colt showed signs of Romo (Como or Rolt?). Here's hoping that they can get it going in the 2nd half.

HOOK'EM!!!

Can't you broaden your horizon a bit? This isn't a slam on Texas. Its a slam on those mouthy Longhorn fans who stated for the past two months straight how OU doesnt deserve anything and Texas is #1. Those fans who see the broad spectrum I have nothing against. Its called making your bed and lying in it. Not you, but others.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
the defensive guy can shove the offensive guy in the back, knock him to the ground, and then go for a tackle?

just asking, cause i thought all contact to the back of a non ball carrier in the open field was a penalty

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Biggems;2557148 said:
Pryor and his legs are the big X factor so far. He brings that VY presence to the game. His elusiveness has kept him from getting sacked on 3-4 occasions so far.

However, he is a big sissy. First he runs out of bounds 2 yds shy of the first, when he could have easily gotten the first and gotten out of bounds before getting hit. Then he gets the first but runs out of bounds when there isn't a Longhorn within 10 yds of him.

Colt made a horrible pass there at the end. I also don't like the playcalling. Where the heck is Malcolm Williams? I am so sick of that running play to Obie.....can we burn that page in the playbook. Why aren't they using Whittaker? I wish Colt would run more.

The Horns LBs need to stay in their gaps. That is why Wells is blowing up. They are not staying in their gaps and thus getting blocked out of the play, leaving a huge hole. It reminds me of the Dallas/Baltimore game.

One last thing.....it would be nice if the refs would call holding on OSU.....they have called 1, but those dudes are holding nonstop. Texas doesn't have to worry about any holding calls, cause they aren't blocking at all.

Excellent analysis, Biggems. You nailed every key point. :bow:

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Rowdy;2557192 said:
That's a lot of class you got there with your insinuations in the last sentence and yet slam others here for making the same type of comments. VERY classy.

There is a difference between making an unsolicited remark like one that the other poster made and an other making one in defense. And I am classy otherwise I would have really told you what I thought and it would have made every player at the army navy game blush. I never attacked you personally until you attacked me personally by saying that I was one of them and had no class... you make a direct insult on me and I will insult back. i'm not afraid of internet bullies like you.

as another poster said... let the UT and OSU fans have their fun and enjoy the game... yours will be here soon and I'm betting you won't be treated the same