Texas vs USC Rose Bowl Video Interest?

DBoys

Reaction score
I got my hands on a copy of the game and wanted to gauge if anyone would want me to rip to divx and post for download? I don't know if anyone has done this already so I figured I would ask first.

DBoys

Reaction score
Yeah I wanted a copy of it best game I have ever seen.

I am converting it right now and I will post a download link. I will go ahead and include the postgame stuff as well.

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
hell freakin yea post it. can't get enough of vince young dismantling USC. HOOK 'EM.

cleverusername

Reaction score
DBoys said:
Nope didn't know there was one. How is that freshman QB?

Here's an article from
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/

AUSTIN, Texas -- The Longhorns capped off the 2006 spring season on Saturday as the Orange team (offense) defeated the White team (defense), 31-16, in front of a Spring Scrimmage record 41,200 fans.

"I felt like we had a great spring," head coach Mack Brown said. "You are not sure how young people will respond after the excitement we had on January 4. People have talked to them about how great they are for a couple of months now and that is a dangerous thing for young student-athletes and I am really proud of the attitude this bunch has taken to continue to work. As you could see tonight they are very physical and it has been that way all spring."

Both QBs Colt McCoy and Jevan Snead had a successful night, with McCoy completing 7-of-11 passes for 75 yards, and Snead completing 9-of-13 for 97 yards and a TD. Tight end Jermichael Finley led the receivers with four catches for 73 yards and a TD, while RB Jamaal Charles led the running game with 36 yards on nine carries.

"I felt comfortable after the first play," McCoy said. "I was nervous going in. After the first play I got in the groove and started to mesh with my teammates, so it all went well."

The defense opened the scoring with a fumble recovery on the Orange 28-yard line, giving the White team a 3-0 lead. Two plays later, Snead carried the ball 15 yards giving the offense one point for an explosive play and pushing it to the five-yard line. From there, RB Henry Melton carried it in for a TD and an 8-3 lead.

"I felt good," Snead said. "Of course I was nervous, but once I settled down, it was really fun. I feel like all spring I have done pretty well and tonight was a good ending to that. Now it is time to get ready for the fall."

The offense pushed its lead to 16-6 on a combination of explosive plays, including a Charles 17-yard run and a 16-yard completion from Snead to WR Jordan Shipley, while the defense scored on three TFLs. Snead then found Finley down the middle of the field for a 31-yard TD pass to open a 24-6 lead. Shipley had the only injury scare of the night, as he went down late in the scrimmage, however it turned out to be only a scare as he had briefly had his wind knocked out.

"The scrimmage was great, a lot of fun," Shipley said. "It was the first live football I've really played in probably two and a half years. I've been looking forward to this for a long time."

After a three-and-out for the defense for one point, Aaron Ross excited the crowd with a 58-yard punt return TD, giving the Orange team a 31-7 lead.

"It doesn't count here," Ross smiled. "I have to do it in the big games. I have to earn everything I do. Nothing is given to you. You have to go out and fight for a position even though it was mine last year. I have to go out and fight for just like I did last year."

The White team scored the last nine points of the game, including three TFL and two interceptions for three points each by DB Ryan Palmer and LB Jeremy Campbell. Linebacker Roddrick Muckelroy led the defense with seven tackles.

"Defensively, I think we did well," said LB Robert Killebrew, who finished with five tackles. "There's always room for improvement. In my opinion no yards is the best amount of yardage, so obviously I'm not happy with it, and hopefully the rest of the defense isn't either. We've made some strides, and we're playing with some injuries, so I think we took a step in the right direction."

Orange-White Scrimmage television replays (All times Central)
Fox Sports Southwest
Sun., April 2; 3 p.m.
Wed., April 5; 1:30 p.m.

Fox College Sports Central
Tues., April 4; 9:30 p.m.
Tues., April 4; midnight
Thurs., April 6; 10 a.m.

Fox College Sports Pacific
Wed., April 5; noon

DBoys

Reaction score
Awesome thanks for posting looks like Snead has a really strong arm. Which QB were you more impressed with?

cleverusername

Reaction score
txlonghorn14 said:
nah today is race day. i'm watchin nascar.

Honestly, they both looked about the same. I think Snead may have a slight edge. After the game Mac said they will both rotate at the starting position. I could see him doing this into the first couple of games until a clear starter steps up, like he's done in the past.

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
cleverusername said:
Honestly, they both looked about the same. I think Snead may have a slight edge. After the game Mac said they will both rotate at the starting position. I could see him doing this into the first couple of games until a clear starter steps up, like he's done in the past.
i wonder if i'll get the replay of the scrimmage on FSNY. i doubt it thou. thanks anyway! can't wait to see the horns in action again.

cleverusername

Reaction score
txlonghorn14 said:
i wonder if i'll get the replay of the scrimmage on FSNY. i doubt it thou. thanks anyway! can't wait to see the horns in action again.

Probably not, but you never know. You might check out http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com on monday. Look under video. Mac does a show every monday and I'm sure there will be highlights and they'll talk about it in depth. Here's another article about the scrimmage and there's a cool video at the bottom right under COLLEGE FOOTBALL Video.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5465070

AUSTIN (AP) - Jevan Snead could be like most other 18-year-olds and be preparing for his high school prom. Instead, he spent this spring learning how to be a college quarterback.

Snead and redshirt freshman Colt McCoy made their public debuts Saturday night as potential starters for defending national champion Texas as the Longhorns wrapped up spring drills with the annual Orange-White scrimmage.

Both made good throws. Both made mistakes. And both said they were nervous in front of the announced crowd of 41,200 and the lights, cameras and microphones of the media horde waiting for them outside the locker room.
"The competition is fun," McCoy said. "It brings out the best in both of us."
Texas was left without an experienced quarterback when Vince Young bolted for the NFL after leading the Longhorns to a 13-0 record and a 41-38 win over Southern California in the Rose Bowl.

That means McCoy or Snead will take the first snap in the 2006 season opener Sept. 2 against North Texas. Ohio State comes to Austin a week later.

Coach Mack Brown shielded the young quarterbacks from the spotlight by keeping spring drills closed to the public, but he wanted to crank up the pressure Saturday by simulating game day in the fall.

Brown said he was watching to see how well they managed the huddle and the intensity of playing in front of a big crowd expecting big things.
"I was pleased with the young quarterbacks," Brown said. "They've got a lot of work to do. I thought the most impressive thing was their poise."
McCoy redshirted behind Young last season. Brown designated him as his No. 1 going into spring practice, and he finished the scrimmage 7-of-11 for 75 yards with no touchdowns and one interception.

Snead was still at Stephenville High School last season and enrolled in college this spring. With just a few weeks to learn a complicated playbook, he was 9-of-13 for 97 yards with one touchdown and one interception.
"Sometimes I sit back and think I could still be in high school," Snead said. "(But) I can't imagine coming in in the fall and trying to learn everything."
Brown didn't say if he felt either player had separated himself as the potential starter.

"Both will have to be ready to play," Brown said.
Snead led two touchdown drives - one short, one long - against the second-team defense. On the second, he converted two fourth-down passes and hit tight end Jermichael Finley for a 31-yard TD.
None of McCoy's drives reached the end zone, but his second one against the first-team defense ended with a field goal.

McCoy and Snead avoided questions of who they thought should start and how much they expect to share time next season.
"That's the coaches' decision. But I feel like we're both going to play," Snead said. "We're out there competing," McCoy said. "We're both trying to lead this team to a Big 12 championship."

RicInAustin

Reaction score
thanks man, apprecieate it!

im studying abroad in europe this semester, so i havent had a chance to get a copy until now. thanks again.

btw, about our freshman qbs........i hate the idea of rotating them. we should just pick one guy and stick with him. we shouldnt turn this into another "simms vs applewhite" situation.

calico

Reaction score
I watch the Rose Bowl about once a week. I bought the official release and I also have the one on DVD that I made. I also have that season highlight video that was put out.

I was very excited to see Finley play so well...I think he will be heading to the pros very soon. Both QBs played well, but I liked Snead a bit better because of some of the passes he throws while on the run.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
My computer is in the shop, but once I get it back (hopefully tomorrow) I'll download it and seed it for sure. I had it on Tivo for a while, but because it ran over by so much I had to manually record the next two shows to get the whole thing, it was pretty annoying.

CrazyMonster

Reaction score
I have been trying to get a copy of this game for the longest time now...

But I going need some help here as I am not a computer savy type....I downloaded the codec & then I go to DL the file & it DLs in like 1 sec & I cant get it to open.....now I know it shouldnt DL that fast & I must be doing something wrong. :bang2:

Can someone help me out :confused:

DBoys

Reaction score
CrazyMonster said:
I have been trying to get a copy of this game for the longest time now...

But I going need some help here as I am not a computer savy type....I downloaded the codec & then I go to DL the file & it DLs in like 1 sec & I cant get it to open.....now I know it shouldnt DL that fast & I must be doing something wrong. :bang2:

Can someone help me out :confused:

It'sa torrent file so you will need a torrent client:
www.utorrent.com

Run the app and it will associate with .torrent files and then start downloading the game.