Video: Texas WR Xavier Worthy

joseephuss

Reaction score
I like Worthy. I don't like him in the first round. There are other needs for Dallas. Even if they did go WR in the first round, I think there are better options.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
He could probably benefit from another year in school. For me though, I'm more of a fan of another WR named Xavier...Xavier Restrepo at Miami. I think he could be an elite slot WR in the league. He's coming back another year though so he'll be someone to monitor next season

joseephuss

Reaction score
He just wasn't targeted. However, the offense had 498 yards.... what's your point?
I thought my comment expressed my point clearly. He was not a factor in the game. A weird strategy to not target one of the teams top WR targets. They didn't target Mitchell much, either. Was it a poor scheme, poor recognition by the QB or that Worthy just wasn't getting open? Like I've mentioned, I like Worthy, but I don't see him as a first round quality WR.

Croomraider

Reaction score
I thought my comment expressed my point clearly. He was not a factor in the game. A weird strategy to not target one of the teams top WR targets. They didn't target Mitchell much, either. Was it a poor scheme, poor recognition by the QB or that Worthy just wasn't getting open? Like I've mentioned, I like Worthy, but I don't see him as a first round quality WR.
"A weird strategy" yet they had 498 yards of offense.

"Poor scheme, poor recognition of QB," they had 498 yards of offense.

I would say the strategy was fine lol.

joseephuss

Reaction score
"A weird strategy" yet they had 498 yards of offense.

"Poor scheme, poor recognition of QB," they had 498 yards of offense.

I would say the strategy was fine lol.
It doesn't change the fact he was a non-factor, so it must have been he wasn't getting open. They did lose and their top receiver did nothing. Perhaps if he had an impact, they could have scored more and won the game.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Worthy is basically Devonte Smith. Mitchell is just an all around wr. Really good at everything.

Croomraider

Reaction score
It doesn't change the fact he was a non-factor, so it must have been he wasn't getting open. They did lose and their top receiver did nothing. Perhaps if he had an impact, they could have scored more and won the game.
I know what you're saying but the problem wasn't about featuring him more, it's that he's not Travis Hunter, he can't play corner also and that's why they lost.
Penix had 430 yards passing. Anyway, Worthy just declared for the draft... good timing! I'll be sure to revisit this when he goes to the chiefs and laugh at all of these posts.

joseephuss

Reaction score
With both Lamb and Cooks on the roster, a drafted WR wouldn't have the pressure to immediately produce. They would have the time to work on their craft. It takes most rookie WRs time to adjust to the NFL and really hone their skills. I wouldn't be against drafting a WR in the first, but there are other needs that are higher priorities. There are also better WR options than either Worthy or Mitchell. I see those two as good pick ups outside of the first round.

Gambit

Reaction score
good player, but we're aren't taking a WR in RD 1 or 2
And hopefully not 3.

I feel good about WR with Tolbert and Brooks flashing some, we have Cooks another season priority lies elsewhere this draft

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’m a fan. What’s fun about Worthy is he doesn’t just win down the field. There’s tape of him wining on quick throws, sitting down against zone, crossers etc…

I’d love to keep Cooks around bc he clearly has gas left in the tank but good young burner to be a long term option across from Lamb.

rambo2

Reaction score
I like Worthy. I don't like him in the first round. There are other needs for Dallas. Even if they did go WR in the first round, I think there are better options.
I like the bigger receivers and there are a bunch of them. I think that Xavier Legette from South Carolina would be a great fit for the Cowboys.

Sydla

Reaction score
My favorite part of the offseason is when we inevitably have a few fans clamoring for a WR in the first round.

rambo2

Reaction score
Loooooove him.
It's going to be interesting where Legette ends up. He would be an absolutely good fit for the Cowboys. Slide Legette in as a replacement for Gallup. Legette is a monster at 6-3 230 pounds. He would be awesome in this offense.

cnuball21

Reaction score
It's going to be interesting where Legette ends up. He would be an absolutely good fit for the Cowboys. Slide Legette in as a replacement for Gallup. Legette is a monster at 6-3 230 pounds. He would be awesome in this offense.
Early 2nd at worst IMO.