TexasRangers.com: Young willing to DH if Rangers sign Beltre

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Stautner;3784646 said:
Seems like a lot, but a big key is what kind of teammate is he. As long as he doesn't upset the chemistry, and Young truly is okay with moving to DH, then I think its a good acquisition.

Does this make Young the primary defensive backup at 2B, 3B & SS?

Guy has never struck me as being the best teammate.

Either way, 100 million dollars for this guy is ridiculous. Texas must have really been desperate to bleed money away after losing out on Lee.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3785380 said:
Guy has never struck me as being the best teammate.

Either way, 100 million dollars for this guy is ridiculous. Texas must have really been desperate to bleed money away after losing out on Lee.

I heard galloway say today that has a hunch (meaning someone told him something) that young would be at 1st and another deal is in the works for a dh.

just passing it along. Josh Lewin also said yesterday the team is not done.

Stautner

Reaction score
theebs;3785412 said:
I heard galloway say today that has a hunch (meaning someone told him something) that young would be at 1st and another deal is in the works for a dh.

What does Josh Lewin know? He's a TV guy and I believe they didn't renew his contract.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theebs;3785412 said:

I don't see that. You've got Moreland at first now. What I heard is Young will cover all infield positions. (1, 2, ss, 3) as a super utility player and DH when he isn't. They said he would probably play first when lefties pitch instead of Moreland unless Moreland proves he can handle lefties this early in his career.
If they aren't done, I except them to pick up some more pitching above anything else. (major anyhow)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Stautner;3786214 said:
What does Josh Lewin know? He's a TV guy and I believe they didn't renew his contract.

is this a serious post?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theebs;3787245 said:
is this a serious post?

Lewis isn't associated with the Rangers anymore. The point he is making is if he isn't with the Rangers how would he know anything about it?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
nyc;3787573 said:
Lewis isn't associated with the Rangers anymore. The point he is making is if he isn't with the Rangers how would he know anything about it?

Umm, He still lives in the city and works for a sports radio station.

He is well liked and has all kinds of contacts in two sports.

you think after 9 years with the rangers he doesnt have people to talk to?

Really?

At the minimum he talks to Tag everyday. Tag must know everything that is going on.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theebs;3787934 said:

Really?

At the minimum he talks to Tag everyday. Tag must know everything that is going on.

As far as I know he spends his days in San Diego. That is his primary employer now. I have no clue if he works for a radio station in Texas, I don't live there anymore. I was just pointing out the logic in what he said.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
nyc;3788077 said:
As far as I know he spends his days in San Diego. That is his primary employer now. I have no clue if he works for a radio station in Texas, I don't live there anymore. I was just pointing out the logic in what he said.

what?

He lives in Southlake. He flies out to the chargers games during the week and comes right back.

He works for the fan in the cbs building in Dallas.

He is as rock solid a source on the rangers as there is.

Stautner

Reaction score
theebs;3787245 said:
is this a serious post?

theebs;3787934 said:

Really?

Apparently the more appropriate question is, are you serious?

You are privvy to the fact he talks to Greive every day? Wow - I have to wonder why we even need to hear anything from Lewin - apparently you are well connected yourself!

The reality is that it doesn't take a genius to determine the Rangers may not be through making deals, and even if they don't make another deal the point can be made that they may have been trying but couldn't get a deal done. They are almost 100% certain of making some deal, if even a minor one, anyway, so it's not as if Lewin needed any unique connections to make this comment.

Of course Lewin knows some people, but so do a lot of local media that get things wrong all the time. If you haven't learned by now that the media deal in a lot of rumor, and sometimes 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th hand rumor, then you need to pay attention. Their job is to sell themselves to the public, and they are always going to have some kind of scoop, whether it has any solid foundation or not.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Stautner;3786214 said:
What does Josh Lewin know?

Stautner;3788723 said:
Of course Lewin knows some people...
Nice backtrack. You need a serious prescription for that foot in mouth disease.

Should probably just admit you asked a stupid question and be done with it.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Stautner;3788723 said:
Apparently the more appropriate question is, are you serious?

You are privvy to the fact he talks to Greive every day? Wow - I have to wonder why we even need to hear anything from Lewin - apparently you are well connected yourself!

The reality is that it doesn't take a genius to determine the Rangers may not be through making deals, and even if they don't make another deal the point can be made that they may have been trying but couldn't get a deal done. They are almost 100% certain of making some deal, if even a minor one, anyway, so it's not as if Lewin needed any unique connections to make this comment.

Of course Lewin knows some people, but so do a lot of local media that get things wrong all the time. If you haven't learned by now that the media deal in a lot of rumor, and sometimes 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th hand rumor, then you need to pay attention. Their job is to sell themselves to the public, and they are always going to have some kind of scoop, whether it has any solid foundation or not.

wow you actually think he doesnt know all the people in the front office and the players and staff? He has been with the team for almost a decade, he is extremely well liked.

I really dont even understand your position. Its completely foolish.

Stautner

Reaction score
peplaw06;3788857 said:
Nice backtrack. You need a serious prescription for that foot in mouth disease.

Should probably just admit you asked a stupid question and be done with it.

Not a backtrack - your sense of logic is severely lacking. As I clearly explained, a lot of media "know people" but knowing people doesn't mean they have an inside scoop.

Remember, the Rangers chose not to keep him. He is not a Rangers insider.

theebs;3788889 said:
wow you actually think he doesnt know all the people in the front office and the players and staff? He has been with the team for almost a decade, he is extremely well liked.

I really dont even understand your position. Its completely foolish.

Didn't I specifically say "of course he knows people"?

Didn't I specifically say that a lot of media folks also know people, and go on to explain that just becaue the media knows people doesn't mean they have knowledge of all the internal discussions and plans?

Perhaps you should go back and read.

Are you really blind to how the media deals in rumor and speculation, and depend on convincing people like you they have a source that allows them to know all. Are you really blind to how often they are wrong?

And, as I mentioned, look at what Lewin said. He made a statement that is almost certain to be true and any half *****, half brained joe on the street could have made, and he made you believe that it was inside info.

It's like the televangilist who starts preaching to "someone out there who is feeling lonely today - who may have lost a job or a loved one - who may be experiencing financial or health difficulties". He has made broad statements that apply to 2/3 of the population, yet he convinces enough mindless people that he knows something about them specfifically that they send him enough money to get rich.

I'll grant you Lewin has much more access than fans, and I'm sure he is well liked, but once again, the Rangers CHOSE not to retain Lewis, and Lewis is not a Rangers insider.

D-Mass15

Reaction score
The rangers treat Michael Young like dirt, first they make him move to third, now they make him move to DH, thats kind of crappy in my opinion for all he has done for that team.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
They're paying him $16,000,000 a year and he played third base like my grandma. He can DH.

Love your sig, though. :)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3790143 said:
They're paying him $16,000,000 a year and he played third base like my grandma. He can DH.

Love your sig, though. :)

Currently there are a few College football fans on this board that realize that .sig when it concerns TCU. *cough*OhioState*cough* :laugh2:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Just to update.

The rangers almost landed Matt Garza last night and that must have been the big deal that lewin and galloway were hinting about all week.

Apparently we offered holland, beltre scheppers and more and tampa balked in the end because they wanted the cubs top prospect in chris arcer, and the cubs gave him to them for garza.

Thats a bummer. Landing garza would have been fantastic.