Twitter: Thank God We Signed Zeke! - Rams to explore trading Gurley

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This is the problem with Cowboy fans.. We always think back to that one time where something didn’t work with us and correlate it to today..

The front office is guilty of this too.

They try to build their team like it’s the early 90s and run schemes like the early 90s and think they’re gonna build a team like the 90s and no one will stop us even if they know what’s coming.

Meanwhile we’re stuck in mediocrity and not having any playoff success because of that 1 time we didn’t draft a RB in the first round.

What about Demarco Murray? The list of good RBs that aren’t high draft picks are a mile long and they come around often.
All I said is I remember then.
Get off me bro!

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Zeke more than doubled his touchdown total this season and still finished in the top five/six in rushing...

Gurley and Johnson are far more washed up than Zeke plus older.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
It blows my mind that people think Zeke hasn’t played to his contract yet.

it’s okay guys, we have an actual scheme now so Zeke will be bringing in plenty of points

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It blows my mind that people think Zeke hasn’t played to his contract yet.

it’s okay guys, we have an actual scheme now so Zeke will be bringing in plenty of points
And Zeke is only 1 year into his contract. Hard to play it out when it's barely beginning.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Does anyone expect our deal for Zeke to turn out any better?:confused:

Better. Not worth the money, but better. Zeke has been injury free. Should be a very good back for us for a few years. Should have a better season with a full offseason with the team. And an improved oline with a healthier Fredbeard and improving Williams or McGovern.

Pollard should help extend Zeke's effective years too.

Zeke's contract is sunk cost now. It won't be worth cutting him til 2023. He should be effective til then. There's little point in bemoaning the contract every day til then.

On the bright side for Zeke haters, I think his guarantees go away if he is suspended again.

Gaede

Reaction score
These threads are so predictable.

And annoying.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again, Zeke is on his way to the hall of fame pace. Your disrespect is humorous. Enjoy his 1500 yards next season. Maybe if you were supporting an Andy reid type your view would have more merit

I didn’t disrespect him at all. He’s one of the best RBs in the game, and one of the best of his generation.

He just plays a position it’s foolish to overpay.

Don’t get yourself twisted over one of your weird man-crushes like you do in all the TO threads.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
And I explicitly said playoff runs, which you also said and included Zeke. I don’t consider winning one playoff game a “run”.

Of course you don't. Point is that top backs win playoff games.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
my man crushes are hall of fame talents. Your mam crush had to go back to the minors to learn how to be a HC. :thumbup:
I didn’t disrespect him at all. He’s one of the best RBs in the game, and one of the best of his generation.

He just plays a position it’s foolish to overpay.

Don’t get yourself twisted over one of your weird man-crushes like you do in all the TO threads.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
my man crushes are hall of fame talents. Your mam crush had to go back to the minors to learn how to be a HC. :thumbup:

Good for you. It’s took rare perception to recognize TO and Zeke are really good players. How’d you do it?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This is the problem with Cowboy fans.. We always think back to that one time where something didn’t work with us and correlate it to today..

The front office is guilty of this too.

They try to build their team like it’s the early 90s and run schemes like the early 90s and think they’re gonna build a team like the 90s and no one will stop us even if they know what’s coming.

Meanwhile we’re stuck in mediocrity and not having any playoff success because of that 1 time we didn’t draft a RB in the first round.

What about Demarco Murray? The list of good RBs that aren’t high draft picks are a mile long and they come around often.
I actually agree with your point, but certain players should be kept because they bring a skill set that's not average. RBs live maybe 3 years on average, but not great ones that can carry the load, takes passes in the flats and be that extra O lineman. And, stay healthy to do that.

I just don't think it's wise to draft a solid RB every 4 years because of the general rule. You're draft selections are grossly limited.

aria

Reaction score
Of course you don't. Point is that top backs win playoff games.
That’s funny, because only 1 of the top 4 backs this year made it to the playoffs. That also means only 3 of the top 10 backs this year made it to the playoffs and I’d argue one of them was more due to Russell Wilson. Hmmmmm...7 of the top 20 made it to the playoffs. Seems like you’re wrong.

Interesting to know you consider one win “making a playoff run”. I’d be curious to know how many other people agree with that. Who knows, maybe you’re right but I sure as hell don’t consider it a run, I consider a flop. One and done.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Rams are going to have a tough time trading Gurley with everything that’s going on with him the past couple of seasons. His touches have declined as well as his rushing yards and he’s has injury issues. I just can’t see anyone wanting to give up much for him with his declining numbers and injuries. The Rams may be stuck with him because they would take a pretty sizable cap hit If they trade him.