Twitter: Thank God We Signed Zeke! - Rams to explore trading Gurley

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll bite! To compare Eze to Gurley, who may be unable to recover his brilliance due to injury; or David Johnson, who is getting up there in age is not even close to being fair. At this point in time, Zeke is one of the very best RB's in the league, period.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Pre fat extension he was already an inefficient player, who lacked motivation, didn't work hard in the offseason and was coddled in season.

Does anyone expect our deal for Zeke to turn out any better?:confused:

I'm pretty sure the last 10 Superbowl champs had cheap RB's too.

I don't know what to say. We did the stupid thing and now we have to find a way to win by making stupid salary cap decisions.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Zeke has 2 or 3 seasons left of “prime” in him...

we essentially have him locked up for those years and can get out of his last year of the deal cheap if the drop off doesn’t warrant that last year

people act like fans have to contribute to some fund that goes to playing these players

Loso86

Reaction score

Pre fat extension he was already an inefficient player, who lacked motivation, didn't work hard in the offseason and was coddled in season.

Does anyone expect our deal for Zeke to turn out any better?:confused:

Um actually yes. Zeke is way better than the both of them . And has been the basis for which we go ever year hes been in the league

Loso86

Reaction score

we essentially have him locked up for those years and can get out of his last year of the deal cheap if the drop off doesn’t warrant that last year

people act like fans have to contribute to some fund that goes to playing these players
We dont know how many years he has look at AD

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Fans care about the salary cap and how we spend our resources towards it.

Some fans think it's stupid to pay a RB a bunch of money because production at that position is mostly decided by volume and RB's tend to get hurt.

Loso86

Reaction score
Zeke's prime will last as long as he allows it and father time allows it NOT what we fans think and say

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

Good thing they built an out in 3 years into the contract.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I find it hilarious that people hate Zeke's contract and still want to put an emphasis on the run game. It's one or the other.

I don't think you ever need to hand the ball off and that the run game doesn't matter, and I still don't think Zeke's contract is a problem. He's the best running back in the league and we're about to see that his contract is right in line with what other backs - McCaffrey, Barkley, Kamara, Henry - are going to get.

quickccc

Reaction score
chronic knee issues - good luck with trying to trade damaged goods. I think Gurley will be a soon become a cap casualty cut. - huge cap hit or not.

Expect Rams to draft a 1st or 2nd round featured RB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I find it hilarious that people hate Zeke's contract and still want to put an emphasis on the run game. It's one or the other.

I don't think you ever need to hand the ball off and that the run game doesn't matter, and I still don't think Zeke's contract is a problem. He's the best running back in the league and we're about to see that his contract is right in line with what other backs - McCaffrey, Barkley, Kamara, Henry - are going to get.

I disagree.. You can run the ball with cheap guys at a high level.

RB's are everywhere and volume is the most important thing when it comes to their success.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Um actually yes. Zeke is way better than the both of them . And has been the basis for which we go ever year hes been in the league
True, but not as of late. If im not mistaken, he's dropped from the best to #7. Pending which NFL site.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many top tier Rbs were in the super bowl this year? It is not an essential position and you don't have to pay that position to have an effective offense. You can go into the draft just about any year and find really good rbs in rounds 2-4.

kskboys

Reaction score
Gurley has always had injury issues, dating back to before he was drafted, and continuing into the NFL. That's what made his contract so foolish. Rams should've let the Jets sign him!!!

He's only tradeable if the Rams pay some of his salary after he's traded.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I'll bite! To compare Eze to Gurley, who may be unable to recover his brilliance due to injury; or David Johnson, who is getting up there in age is not even close to being fair. At this point in time, Zeke is one of the very best RB's in the league, period.

This, man put up close to 1400 yards on what some call an off year.