Thank You Dallas Cowboys

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with Todays game, it's actually a compilation of the last 10 years finally crashing down.

I want to thank them for giving me my Sundays back. For an extra 4 hours a week that I can spend enjoying my kids and my family. Instead of living and dying with todays game I figured out time is better spent playing catch with my son and getting things around the house done. It's just a shame it took me this long to see the truth.

I want to thank them for making me realize what a fool I was for spending thousands of dollars a year on tickets, memorabilia, TV subscriptions and other vices I used to show my team spirit and watch them. So much money saved in the future.

I want to thank them for allowing me to realize the joy of watching other teams on gameday. It really is a joy to watch teams that actually play for some thing on Sundays. Believe it or not, I actually found a new respect for teams like the Giants and Rams. Watching them play like they enjoy it not like they deserve to be there.

I want to thank them for making me realize the importance of representing yourself not only at home but at work. How important it is to earn the respect you get and bring your best every day.

I started losing interest a couple years ago. It's just become to tiring to watch history repeat itself. I really have a hard time looking back believing how much time and energy I put into the Cowboys over the last 20+ years at the cost of things in life that really hold importance.

It's actually going to be nice to become a casual fan again and enjoy the league but most of all, enjoy all those things I have missed out on the last 20+ years.

This truly might be the most heartless, classless and uninspired Cowboys team from the coaches (and I use that term loosely) down to the humans in uniform (they don't deserve to be called players or a team).

SDogo

Reaction score
hardcorebob;2353745 said:

I know, if your not a homer and just prefer to be a casual fan you will never fit in here. it's really sad.

kbman

Reaction score
I think I need to take a page from your book. The last 12 years have been a joke and I am losing interest. All the hype that leads up to nothing.

AlcoholicNinja

Wasted but Deadly
Reaction score
See ya quitter. Maybe you should stop wasting even more of that precious time making self-centred, whiney posts.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2353759 said:
I know, if your not a homer and just prefer to be a casual fan you will never fit in here. it's really sad.

What are you talking about?

The cry babies FAR outnumber the homers right now.

djmajestik

Reaction score
being from Buffalo and seeing there fans endure the years and years they have dealt with, and are STILL to this very day avid rabid fans has been what I grew up around.

Not sure how you were brought up, but I was brought up never to quit. As PO'd I am right now, I will never quit on MY team. Give me 10 years of 0-16 seasons, and I will forever be wearing my jersey and hat, and my leather jacket to work. Bring the hate.

Oh, and yes, I AM sick of the lethargic, no desire attitude from about 98% of the team AND the coaching staff. I actually saw them smile after the game shaking hands with the Rams. Are you kidding me??????? I mean, be a good sport but I haven't smiled since the first drive of the game, and won't probably until next week.

Woods

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2353723 said:
This has nothing to do with Todays game, it's actually a compilation of the last 10 years finally crashing down.

I want to thank them for giving me my Sundays back. For an extra 4 hours a week that I can spend enjoying my kids and my family. Instead of living and dying with todays game I figured out time is better spent playing catch with my son and getting things around the house done. It's just a shame it took me this long to see the truth.

I want to thank them for making me realize what a fool I was for spending thousands of dollars a year on tickets, memorabilia, TV subscriptions and other vices I used to show my team spirit and watch them. So much money saved in the future.

I want to thank them for allowing me to realize the joy of watching other teams on gameday. It really is a joy to watch teams that actually play for some thing on Sundays. Believe it or not, I actually found a new respect for teams like the Giants and Rams. Watching them play like they enjoy it not like they deserve to be there.

I want to thank them for making me realize the importance of representing yourself not only at home but at work. How important it is to earn the respect you get and bring your best every day.

I started losing interest a couple years ago. It's just become to tiring to watch history repeat itself. I really have a hard time looking back believing how much time and energy I put into the Cowboys over the last 20+ years at the cost of things in life that really hold importance.

It's actually going to be nice to become a casual fan again and enjoy the league but most of all, enjoy all those things I have missed out on the last 20+ years.

This truly might be the most heartless, classless and uninspired Cowboys team from the coaches (and I use that term loosely) down to the humans in uniform (they don't deserve to be called players or a team).

Hey, believe me that I understand what you're talking about.

I know I spend too much time on the Cowboys, but I suppose I'm an addict for punishment.

Look, whether we win don't another game this year, or we win all of them, I'm just learning to take it "easier" regardless.

Things look bad right now, but as a fan, you've got to keep the hope. Just don't get too attached.

SDogo

Reaction score
WhoDat;2353778 said:
See ya quitter. Maybe you should stop wasting even more of that precious time making self-centred, whiney posts.

Only thing more comical then the Cowboys right now are you people that try to justify the lack of effort on the field with the Cowboys with your own Internet muscle. The 3 seconds you wasted posting a reply only means that it did mean some thing to you.

Thank you for showing you care.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Well as expected bunch of good riddance replys. Soon, you will see, you are not a true fan posts, which is predictable.

And then sprinkle in "you are quitter and this team will rise again" posts.

JonCJG

Reaction score
I really wish mods would at the very least READ BAN people who make these types of threads.

I would rather you ban these ppl for good but a read ban would suffice.

Anyone second this motion?

SDogo

Reaction score
jord1242;2353814 said:
being from Buffalo and seeing there fans endure the years and years they have dealt with, and are STILL to this very day avid rabid fans has been what I grew up around.

Not sure how you were brought up, but I was brought up never to quit. As PO'd I am right now, I will never quit on MY team. Give me 10 years of 0-16 seasons, and I will forever be wearing my jersey and hat, and my leather jacket to work. Bring the hate.

Oh, and yes, I AM sick of the lethargic, no desire attitude from about 98% of the team AND the coaching staff. I actually saw them smile after the game shaking hands with the Rams. Are you kidding me??????? I mean, be a good sport but I haven't smiled since the first drive of the game, and won't probably until next week.

Oh, i understand, I'm from Western NY myself and I never said I was turning in my colors, I just said it has become clear that I have put too much into this team for too long. Like the poster above said, just learning to take it easier.

SDogo

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2353838 said:
Well as expected bunch of good riddance replys. Soon, you will see, you are not a true fan posts, which is predictable.

And then sprinkle in "you are quitter and this team will rise again" posts.

I knew well in advance of posting this that would be the price I would pay even though I never said in the post I was done with the team but people read what they want to read.

The Patriot

Reaction score
:laugh2: Atleast you're not the only team that has to deal with this. I saved this post from after we lost the Superbowl.

http://i211.***BLOCKED***/albums/bb136/garyb12001/Whining.jpg

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
jord1242;2353814 said:

AWESOME post, I'm from near Buffalo too and know exactly what you are talking about. I've seen people get ridiculed more often for jumping on the band-wagon than for their team being awful. Where I'm from, you have your team and thats that, casual fans might as well watch soccer.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Fans announcing they are leaving. :rolleyes:

God I hate these threads...talk about pathetic.

SDogo

Reaction score
Silverstar;2353884 said:
Fans announcing they are leaving. :rolleyes:

God I hate these threads...talk about pathetic.

Fans who can't read. Even more annoying.:banghead: