Thank You Dallas Cowboys

Nav22

Reaction score
I just happen to realize it's much more enjoyable if I take a step back and take it easy.
And to you, that means... stop watching the Cowboys.

That's the epitome of fair-weather fan.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Future;2354141 said:
So you aren't going to watch the Cowboys because they are losing, but you are still going to be a fan?

Your grammar and spelling skills are lacking...

Never said I was not going to watch, just was going to enjoy other things on game day as well.

As far as grammar and spelling......I have no argument. Always has been bad.

SDogo

Reaction score
The Patriot;2354169 said:
If your not fanatic, your not a fan.

Thats said, really it is. The NFL just lost 80% of it's fan base.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2354209 said:
Technically he is right...the word "fan" is short for fanatic. Its like Mike for Michael or gym for gymnasium...

I guess I just don't agree how you are going to be watching the game and doing other things. Do you have a television on your mower or something?

djmajestik

Reaction score
Future;2354141 said:
So you aren't going to watch the Cowboys because they are losing, but you are still going to be a fan?

Your grammar and spelling skills are lacking...

Yo,

Is Canandaigua near Syracuse?? Just curious, I DJ up that way a lot and thought I saw that as being near Syracuse.

The Patriot

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2354209 said:
fan
n. An ardent devotee; an enthusiast.

[Short for [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]fanatic[/SIZE][/FONT].]

Now who needs to work on their language? :)

Nav22

Reaction score
Never said I was not going to watch, just was going to enjoy other things on game day as well.
Hahahahaha... just stop it, dude. You implied clear as day that you'd be doing something else on Sundays instead of watching the 'Boys.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
jord1242;2354285 said:
Yo,

Is Canandaigua near Syracuse?? Just curious, I DJ up that way a lot and thought I saw that as being near Syracuse.

Not really, almost 2 hours. Its only a little more than half hour away from Rochester though...but if you ever say that I'm from Rochester I'll kick you right in the nuts :laugh2:

SDogo

Reaction score
Future;2354268 said:
Technically he is right...the word "fan" is short for fanatic. Its like Mike for Michael or gym for gymnasium...

I guess I just don't agree how you are going to be watching the game and doing other things. Do you have a television on your mower or something?

I would of felt the same way as you just a few years ago so i guess I can understand the hostility. Just a different approach and the lawn mower idea crossed my mind more then a few times while living up in NY with 13 acres of land to take care of.

SDogo

Reaction score
Nav22;2354308 said:
Hahahahaha... just stop it, dude. You implied clear as day that you'd be doing something else on Sundays instead of watching the 'Boys.

How ever you want to spin it to make yourself feel better. I don't need to convince you or myself, I know what I will be doing next Sunday.

SDogo

Reaction score
The Patriot;2354292 said:
fan
n. An ardent devotee; an enthusiast.

[Short for [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]fanatic[/SIZE][/FONT].]

Now who needs to work on their language? :)

That's already been established, i know I need help there but also it's a very loose term. I know many a fans who root hard for their team but don't find the need to be off the wall. not that there is anything wrong with it.

The Patriot

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2354397 said:
How ever you want to spin it to make yourself feel better. I don't need to convince you or myself, I know what I will be doing next Sunday.
Okay, whatever. Just do what makes you happy.

SDogo

Reaction score
The Patriot;2354420 said:
Okay, whatever. Just do what makes you happy.

I will, thank you.:D

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2353723 said:
This has nothing to do with Todays game, it's actually a compilation of the last 10 years finally crashing down.

I want to thank them for giving me my Sundays back. For an extra 4 hours a week that I can spend enjoying my kids and my family. Instead of living and dying with todays game I figured out time is better spent playing catch with my son and getting things around the house done. It's just a shame it took me this long to see the truth.

I want to thank them for making me realize what a fool I was for spending thousands of dollars a year on tickets, memorabilia, TV subscriptions and other vices I used to show my team spirit and watch them. So much money saved in the future.

I want to thank them for allowing me to realize the joy of watching other teams on gameday. It really is a joy to watch teams that actually play for some thing on Sundays. Believe it or not, I actually found a new respect for teams like the Giants and Rams. Watching them play like they enjoy it not like they deserve to be there.

I want to thank them for making me realize the importance of representing yourself not only at home but at work. How important it is to earn the respect you get and bring your best every day.

I started losing interest a couple years ago. It's just become to tiring to watch history repeat itself. I really have a hard time looking back believing how much time and energy I put into the Cowboys over the last 20+ years at the cost of things in life that really hold importance.

It's actually going to be nice to become a casual fan again and enjoy the league but most of all, enjoy all those things I have missed out on the last 20+ years.

This truly might be the most heartless, classless and uninspired Cowboys team from the coaches (and I use that term loosely) down to the humans in uniform (they don't deserve to be called players or a team).

Unreal. Well I guess you will have to join another wagon for a while. In the mean while I will go down with the rest of the ship.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2353759 said:
I know, if your not a homer and just prefer to be a casual fan you will never fit in here. it's really sad.

Nah that's cool. Be a casual fan. But in the future, and I don't necassarily mean this year, when we're doing well please don't comeback in here flying the banner of a 'die hard' Cowboys fan like you've always been one. Cause you're clearly not.