Thank you officials!

aria

Reaction score
Julio Jones didn’t get off the field in time. That was the penalty. He went to the Cowboys sideline by mistake
Oh....I understand the penalty, just like I understood the penalty that we got for the same thing against GB when people were crying about it.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You mean the same call that happened to us against GB and people were crying about for months after? Some still bring it up as “evidence” that the NFL is out to get us :rolleyes:
The penalty was because Julio Jones went to the wrong side of the field

kevinhickey

Reaction score
The officials get poo poo’ed on too much around here. If it weren’t for their bogus call on Atlanta for too many men in the huddle which led to us getting a TD, I don’t think we would have won this game.

Thank you Roger Goodell and all your paid lackies :clap:
They still should’ve received a penalty for illegal substution because they had 11 in the huddle and #11 ran off the field on our sideline.

aria

Reaction score
They still should’ve received a penalty for illegal substution because they had 11 in the huddle and #11 ran off the field on our sideline.
I understand, so what was the difference between that call and the one called against us vs GB?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I understand, so what was the difference between that call and the one called against us vs GB?

For Butler in that game, he moved onto the field past the field numerals, came back out, and did not participate in a play. It's ironic that officials also called that a 12 men in the huddle penalty but it was another unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

aria

Reaction score
For Butler in that game, he moved onto the field past the field numerals, came back out, and did not participate in a play. It's ironic that officials also called that a 12 men in the huddle penalty but it was another unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.
Let me ask you this, what do you think the reaction here would be if the penalty that happened to the Falcons today happened to us instead?

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
You really hate Dak that much? Time to find another team...you already fit in as an Eagles fan
He's always been a Giants fan. Dude making this inane post and doesn't even know the call or what happened on the play. Just heard an announcer mistake and shelved it for future trolling. This is how he's dealing with the conclusion of Saquon "Better than Zeke" Barkleys career.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I didn't see the game, but was it the right call?
Yes. Penalty was correct but ref said wrong infraction. Julio went off the field on Cowboys side
Doesn't matter it's a penalty. I'm not going to say refs gifted us for doing their job
Yep. Illegal substitution.
12 men on the field...same result, different call.
Julio Jones didn’t get off the field in time. That was the penalty. He went to the Cowboys sideline by mistake

Okay, here's where I believe just about all of you are wrong. I just went back and looked at the broadcast and in Blandino's explanation, he says that Jones cleared the field on the Cowboys' sideline, which is indeed a penalty but he said that is the case "if there's a snap." I didn't see a snap and the officials threw the flag as if it were a 12-men in the huddle penalty which is a penalty where you throw the flag immediately and before any snap happens. An "at the snap" penalty is one where the offending team can call a timeout to reset if they realize what they did, just like in the case of the Butler penalty back in 2016. When you look at the tape, officials threw the flag, then the camera cuts to Julio Jones on his own sideline being stretched out by a trainer. So if the Falcons realized where Jones exited, they should have been given an opportunity to call a timeout before the snap. So @aria, it turns out I think you are right about being "gifted" one by the officials.

aria

Reaction score

Okay, here's where I believe just about all of you are wrong. I just went back and looked at the broadcast and in Blandino's explanation, he says that Jones cleared the field on the Cowboys' sideline, which is indeed a penalty but he said that is the case "if there's a snap." I didn't see a snap and the officials threw the flag as if it were a 12-men in the huddle penalty which is a penalty where you throw the flag immediately and before any snap happens. An "at the snap" penalty is one where the offending team can call a timeout to reset if they realize what they did, just like in the case of the Butler penalty back in 2016. When you look at the tape, officials threw the flag, then the camera cuts to Julio Jones on his own sideline being stretched out by a trainer. So if the Falcons realized where Jones exited, they should have been given an opportunity to call a timeout before the snap. So @aria, it turns out I think you are right about being "gifted" one by the officials.
Lol, I’d take your word for it whether you agreed with me or not. You’re much better at debunking and/or dissecting plays and penalties or non calls than I am.

Thanks for the clarification. I’ll just be sure to keep this one in my back pocket next time the conspiracy cry babies come out.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

That’s exactly what I said. He went to the cowboys sideline. Maybe you have an issue understanding words

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That’s exactly what I said. He went to the cowboys sideline. Maybe you have an issue understanding words

That's what ALL of you I quoted said so I saw it the first time. What you and they didn't pay attention to was my mention of the Blandino explanation that this particular penalty is an "at the snap" penalty and the officials didn't allow a snap. Comprehension, young man. Comprehension.

Forget all that though. If any of you actually care about the truth of this matter (doubtful since we benefited), the NFL is saying that the 12-men penalty had nothing to do with Julio Jones but Calvin Ridley instead. Ridley had come on the field to be part of the formation and Ryan yelled at him to leave the field. Atlanta says he wasn't part of the huddle, the NFL says it considered him to be such.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-...men-in-the-huddle/QC65QY7OPJFJ7EPS52QPG4WZUA/

So in the end, the rule I cited in that other thread was probably the one they called where they considered Ridley, not Jones, part of the 4th Down formation and blew the whistle immediately because the ball had clearly been made ready for play. You're welcome.

"If Team A has more than 11 players in its formation for more than three seconds, or if Team B has more than 11 players in its
formation and the snap is imminent, it is a foul. Once the ball is made ready for play, if either team has more than 11 players in its
formation prior to a free kick, it is also a foul. In these instances, game officials shall blow their whistles immediately and not allow
the snap or kick to occur."

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's what ALL of you I quoted said so I saw it the first time. What you and they didn't pay attention to was my mention of the Blandino explanation that this particular penalty is an "at the snap" penalty and the officials didn't allow a snap. Comprehension, young man. Comprehension.

Forget all that though. If any of you actually care about the truth of this matter (doubtful since we benefited), the NFL is saying that the 12-men penalty had nothing to do with Julio Jones but Calvin Ridley instead. Ridley had come on the field to be part of the formation and Ryan yelled at him to leave the field. Atlanta says he wasn't part of the huddle, the NFL says it considered him to be such.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-...men-in-the-huddle/QC65QY7OPJFJ7EPS52QPG4WZUA/

So in the end, the rule I cited in that other thread was probably the one they called where they considered Ridley, not Jones, part of the 4th Down formation and blew the whistle immediately because the ball had clearly been made ready for play. You're welcome.

"If Team A has more than 11 players in its formation for more than three seconds, or if Team B has more than 11 players in its
formation and the snap is imminent, it is a foul. Once the ball is made ready for play, if either team has more than 11 players in its
formation prior to a free kick, it is also a foul. In these instances, game officials shall blow their whistles immediately and not allow
the snap or kick to occur."
I think we understand the rules at least most of us. The only issue I had was you said we were wrong. Maybe we weren’t just complete enough for you

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yeah it happened to us against GB in the playoffs, and if Jalen hadn't flopped last week, we win. That happens.
was a horrible call at the Rams. That phantom call cost us the game. We had the mo and was in the red zone.Rams couldnt stop us down there.We should be 2-0.