Thank You Refs... Morons

NickZepp

Reaction score
cowboyfan4life2;1294498 said:
how could you tell, he might have been, but it was called a first down, and there was no evidence at all to say otherwise.

Looking at the replay I was almost sure he was short from the first time they showed it. There was no way he made the 1 yardline.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
NickZepp;1294515 said:
Looking at the replay I was almost sure he was short from the first time they showed it. There was no way he made the 1 yardline.

well you must have x-ray vision, cause i couldnt tell, the 10 people i watched the game couldnt tell, and madden and micheals couldnt either, that was a bad call.

Word Mofo

Reaction score
bbgun;1294514 said:
Dude, that was legit. He hooked the guy's arm.

That was incidental contact. Their arms got tangled up, and he let go immediately. Extremely poor call.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
NickZepp;1294515 said:

Agreed. I was shocked they spotted it where they did. We almost got away with one.

CowboyShuy

Reaction score
the call i didnt like was the interference of Newman that gave Seahawks the ball at the one yard line. and one of the 3 holding plays on the defense.

fweegy

Reaction score
Good Lord people, when did Joe Gibbs start posting in here. 1. He was short of the first yard, I knew it when the play occured, the replays showed he was short, stop whining bout the refs on that play. 2. Newman did interfer, he hooked his arm, it wasn't incidental contact <eye roll>. The refs didn't job us, the coaching staff may have, but the refs didn't this time.

DallasKnight

Reaction score
That was all on Romo, not the refs. And then at the end, WE STILL HAD A CHANCE TO WIN IT! All we had to do was have a WR *cough* *OWENS* *COUGH* try to go get it. Did he? NO, he just stood there and watched as the ball came down in the middle of a sea of blue/green. BaH! Refs nothing, we LOST on our own!

sacase

Reaction score
All of Those PI calls and defensive holding calls we very very bad. I meant they were all incidental contact. Not to mention the Holding call on Colombo. The very next series Furgerson got held way worse and they didn't call it. But we still had our chances but it was a poorly called game.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Avery;1294195 said:
I predict a BP resignation within the next week.

I really hope he does, its the single best thing that could happen for us to improve next year

but it cant be just him...there isnt a single coach on this staff that should be back

David

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kingwhicker;1294253 said:
We would have lost anyway. No doubt in my mind the "defense" would have choked no matter if there was no time on the clock.

I'm with you on this one. I was worried that Gramatica would miss the chip shot of all chip shots. I never envisioned a bobbled snap. But even if the kick was successful, I would not have breathed a sigh of relief until the clock was done ticking and we had the most points.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
DallasKnight;1294753 said:
That was all on Romo, not the refs. And then at the end, WE STILL HAD A CHANCE TO WIN IT! All we had to do was have a WR *cough* *OWENS* *COUGH* try to go get it. Did he? NO, he just stood there and watched as the ball came down in the middle of a sea of blue/green. BaH! Refs nothing, we LOST on our own!

Um Glenn was far worse than Owens.

mmohican29

Reaction score
BBgun, if you think that call on Newman was a legit PI then please excuse yourself from anything football related.

That was as bogus a call as I've ever seen in a big spot. If they call that, then they call a PI on Seattle decking Owens before the ball arrives on the hail mary.

That call was complete horsesh_t.

mmohican29

Reaction score
There was also a several holding calls not called on the Seattle O-Line. Two huge plays:

1) Ware being held on the touchdown toss to Stevens to the right corner of the end zone. Jones had his arms completely around him hugging him to prevent the bull rush.

2) Bradie James was facemasked on a 4th quarter first down run by Alexander. Completely spun out of the play. Should have been a 15yd personal foul. Completely in sight of the Head referee.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I feel Seattle got a lot of home cookin today

the deep PI call on Newman was a good call...He was holding the WRs arm...call it a bad call if want, but that is the homer in you talking.

I will say though, that we got called for a few bogus defense penalties...but with angles and game speed, I can understand how they miss some calls.

my only real beef with the refs was that the seattle OL didnt get called for a single holding penalty.......not a one......not even on that play where the OL put his hand inside James neckline and pulled him down by the pads....that one was right in front of the referree and he didnt even call it.

I do not blame the refs for this loss....I will say the refs didn't help the Cowboys cause at all.....but they are by no means the reason Dallas lost.

Dallas choked plain and simple.....this was the Commanders game part 2....

j_welcome

Reaction score
The refs took the game from DAL in SEA last year too. DAL has the ball down close. Bledsoe looks for Witten who is being held, no call! Bledsoe gets sacked, they go for FG and miss.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
j_welcome;1295101 said:
The refs took the game from DAL in SEA last year too. DAL has the ball down close. Bledsoe looks for Witten who is being held, no call! Bledsoe gets sacked, they go for FG and miss.

To clarify, they did call holding on Witten on the play, then picked up the flag. That was total crap.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Homer my a__. That PI was as bogus a call as I've ever seen. The only bigger one that comes to mind recently is the call against the Hurricanes vs Ohio State that ended with the Buckeyes winning in OT.

alancdc

Reaction score
cowboyfan4life2;1294498 said:
how could you tell, he might have been, but it was called a first down, and there was no evidence at all to say otherwise.

Agree Mark. He was marked well in front of the line, and no way it was conclusive he didn't get it. This was a joke.