Thanks Cowboyszone!

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Win or lose tomorrow, I want to say that this has been another great season here on Cowboyszone. I enjoy this site very much and I enjoy the people who make this site what it is. Thanks everybody and go Cowboys!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kiss up all you want...we still don't like you. ;) :p:

On a serious note...it sure has been an up and down year for the Cowboys and the due that a whirlwind of activity on the zone.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
2008 has been a very hard year for me. I lost my job and my Dad this year. Nearly lost my Father-in-law. Found a sister I didn't even know I have. The Cowboys making the playoffs and going somewhere would sure do a lot to end it on a positive note for me. I've needed this forum this year as opposed to simply enjoying it here with all of you 8 balls.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
I'll throw my .2cents in here, while we're at it.

This is by far, the most educated, informed and enjoyable Cowboy board I've ever participated on. Most posters are well informed and have taken the time to educate themselves about the Cowboys before posting. Many other forums, there's ton's of stooges who "know not what the speak of". In many cases, the old "it's better to remain silent and have folks assume you're a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" is the rule of thumb.

There. There's my butt-kissing moment for 2008.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Hostile;2526088 said:
2008 has been a very hard year for me. I lost my job and my Dad this year. Nearly lost my Father-in-law. Found a sister I didn't even know I have. The Cowboys making the playoffs and going somewhere would sure do a lot to end it on a positive note for me. I've needed this forum this year as opposed to simply enjoying it here with all of you 8 balls.

Wow, man, that is pretty bad year for anyone man. Hope you have found a new job by now man, if the Job loss wasn't too recent.

On death front, lost couple of grand Uncles myself, pretty close one, one of them. Seems like these deaths come in bunches or pretty close to each other.

But I guess Job losses seem to be widespread. And I can empathize needing this forum, during Job losses etc. Since I needed it during my down year in 2002, for first time in life looking for a job and not getting one for 2-3 months. One the reasons I left Detroit/Michigan for good in 2004 was that I saw that economy only heading downhill since 2001. And I just got out in the nick of time.

Cowboys started this year with a downer for me really, with loss in playoffs. And has been up and down since then. Lets hope they end in positive note and begin with a positive note (i.e. if they make playoffs, win one in new year).

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2526103 said:
Wow, man, that is pretty bad year for anyone man. Hope you have found a new job by now man, if the Job loss wasn't too recent.
Negotiating to buy my own business instead of working for someone else. Wish me luck. Next 2 weeks are critical.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Hostile;2526111 said:
Negotiating to buy my own business instead of working for someone else. Wish me luck. Next 2 weeks are critical.

If anyone can pull it off, it's you. :)

cowboys4life

Reaction score
Hostile;2526111 said:

Good luck Hos.....

I to echo those statements from the previous posters...

best cowboys site on the net.....thanks for making it that way guys and gals!! :)

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
You're welcome. Lord knows I bust my butt to make this a magical place.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbgun;2526130 said:
You're welcome. Lord knows I bust my butt to make this a magical place.
No wonder you're always cranky. A busted butt is no laughing matter.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
Hostile;2526088 said:
I hear you Hos, lost my mom/ my job recently and my son had to move back in. The Cowboys have taken alot of steam out of me these past 2 years,that's why each week I just hope for the best. The nineties spoiled us mid life guys;) :D

I always come here for Cowboys news first,and although we all tend to agree to dis-agree we share one common bond THE DALLAS COWBOYS

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2526132 said:
No wonder you're always cranky. A busted butt is no laughing matter.

You don't wanna spackle this crack. Trust me.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2526111 said:

Hos, good for you. I've owned my own business for 15 years. It's an entirely different animal than working for someone else. But the rewards, when the goings' good are great. There's some lean times in any business endeavor. Nobody's "booming" every year, all the time. But the nuts you get to store away against times like these (as in RIGHT NOW) are bigger nuts.
Here's to a great 2009 for you, and I commend you for sticking your neck out there for your family and loved ones, going for the "brass ring" and all.

Dallas 41 - Beagles 13

Later on: Dallas 31 - Indianapolis 21

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I joined probably mid-season here, but I've also enjoyed my time, despite the huge population of fair-weather fans :D

Thanks Zoners!

AtomicDog

Reaction score
lurkercowboy;2526047 said:
Win or lose tomorrow, I want to say that this has been another great season here on Cowboyszone. I enjoy this site very much and I enjoy the people who make this site what it is. Thanks everybody and go Cowboys!

Yeah, this year has been a crazy ride. I'm sick of it.

I love this site, I lurk here a bunch, I like everybody here, and you can tell that I post alot as i've got way over 200 posts on this forum.:p:

But I come here so I can cry in my pinot grigio along with all the other cowboy fans. (I don't feel good about tomorrow's chances). (and I'm not just typing that hoping that I'll be wrong -- I've given up on that type of self psychology).

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The great thing is, there is no off-season at The Zone. I spend just as much time here during the offseason as I do in the season. You guys keep me entertained year round.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
lewpac;2526158 said:
Hos, good for you. I've owned my own business for 15 years. It's an entirely different animal than working for someone else. But the rewards, when the goings' good are great. There's some lean times in any business endeavor. Nobody's "booming" every year, all the time. But the nuts you get to store away against times like these (as in RIGHT NOW) are bigger nuts.
Here's to a great 2009 for you, and I commend you for sticking your neck out there for your family and loved ones, going for the "brass ring" and all.

Dallas 41 - Beagles 13

Later on: Dallas 31 - Indianapolis 21
Mind if I ask what kind of business you own?

I am trying to buy a hardware store. The thought of me being able to have Milwaukee tools at cost has me salivating.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I really don't like this site very much.

I just keep coming back because I like the smilies.

:bow: :eagles: :worthy2: :suxiggle:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Hostile;2526111 said:

Good luck man! I hope it all works out good for you. Hopefully the Cowboys can fulfill your wishes and add a little bit of bright spot to an otherwise rough year for you.

My year hasn't been easy either, personally and professionally, but I continue to plug away just like you.

Best of luck to you!