Thanks Cowboyszone!

Mansta54

Reaction score
Outstanding site, I come here daily and luv every minute of it. Now, it's time to kick some Eagle arse... Go Boyz!!!!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Hostile;2526111 said:
Negotiating to buy my own business instead of working for someone else. Wish me luck. Next 2 weeks are critical.

Best of luck to you Hos. That's surely the way to go if you can swing it.

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
So long as you avoid it like the plague within the first 24 hours after a loss, this is by far the best Cowboys message boards on the web, as well as a fantastic community.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99;2526241 said:
I really don't like this site very much.

I just keep coming back because I like the smilies.

:bow: :eagles: :worthy2: :suxiggle:
and the sigs... There's this guy who creates really cool sigs. I think his name is

Brain. ;)

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hostile;2526132 said:
No wonder you're always cranky. A busted butt is no laughing matter.

It is when it's somebody else's... I think it might have been the Three Stooges who discovered that... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
bbgun;2526148 said:
You don't wanna spackle this crack. Trust me.

Hos doesn't, but I'll bet we could raffle off the chance for one of our other posters to take a shot at it...

silverbear

Reaction score
Juke99;2526241 said:
I really don't like this site very much.

I just keep coming back because I like the smilies.

:bow: :eagles: :worthy2: :suxiggle:

Every website needs a Designated Grinch...

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2526186 said:
Mind if I ask what kind of business you own?

I am trying to buy a hardware store. The thought of me being able to have Milwaukee tools at cost has me salivating.
I'm a commercial and high end painting contractor in Hawaii. No small task here. Hawaii is a tough place to do business. We do resort communities, resort hotels, malls, shopping centers, even observatories on top of Mauna Kea (technically the tallest mountain in the world).
I've been able to russle up five acres and a 4,000 sq.ft. home though. Again, no small task in "the peoples republic of Hawaii".

It's 'Niner and Raider country round these parts. No pro teams within 2,500 miles. Closest thing we got to "big time" is U. of Hawaii football. You know, the WAC and all that.
It's a long way from living in PA and TX, but the "paradise tax" is worth it. I do, however, have lifetime tickets to the NASCAR races in Vegas and California, and go every year.
The retail business and the service business are two different things. Sounds to me like you're getting into retail. I'm into the service industry. There's a huge difference there. You get to buy inventory, rent a space, advertise, and hope and pray that folks come to the store. I get to beat the streets, harrass and stalk people, and refuse to come home without a job.
Either way, best of luck and here's to a prosperous 2009..............

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
lewpac;2526380 said:
I'm a commercial and high end painting contractor in Hawaii. No small task here. Hawaii is a tough place to do business. We do resort communities, resort hotels, malls, shopping centers, even observatories on top of Mauna Kea (technically the tallest mountain in the world).
I've been able to russle up five acres and a 4,000 sq.ft. home though. Again, no small task in "the peoples republic of Hawaii".

It's 'Niner and Raider country round these parts. No pro teams within 2,500 miles. Closest thing we got to "big time" is U. of Hawaii football. You know, the WAC and all that.
It's a long way from living in PA and TX, but the "paradise tax" is worth it. I do, however, have lifetime tickets to the NASCAR races in Vegas and California, and go every year.
The retail business and the service business are two different things. Sounds to me like you're getting into retail. I'm into the service industry. There's a huge difference there. You get to buy inventory, rent a space, advertise, and hope and pray that folks come to the store. I get to beat the streets, harrass and stalk people, and refuse to come home without a job.
Either way, best of luck and here's to a prosperous 2009..............
That is cool. I owned by own construction company once before and sold it. I decided on my own to go into retail this time.

On the positive side for me is that all the contacts I have made in Property Management and Construction say they will come buy from me. I'm already planning on having a whole Handy Man's Network where people who need repairs can find them by coming to the store. I'm looking forward to it.

ladiewolve

Reaction score
Hostile;2526111 said:
Negotiating to buy my own business instead of working for someone else. Wish me luck. Next 2 weeks are critical.
Best of luck to you Hos.:)

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2526384 said:
That is cool. I owned by own construction company once before and sold it. I decided on my own to go into retail this time.

On the positive side for me is that all the contacts I have made in Property Management and Construction say they will come buy from me. I'm already planning on having a whole Handy Man's Network where people who need repairs can find them by coming to the store. I'm looking forward to it.
I'm sure you'll do well. If I had any other skills, I'd apply them and do something else. I shoulda' finished college. If I could make $12,000.00 a month doing something else, trust me, I would. This economy, in construction, is killing me.
But, as it is, all I know is bartending, I can type, and I know the Painting industry. At 48, it's all I know. I'm making the best of it.
Mean time, living "day to day", I have a "playoff game" coming up this Sunday. Against my No. 1 HATE. I HATE the BEAGLES more than I HATE the SKINS or NINERS.
I will prosper. No doubt. And you will too. Have at it cuz, and don't listen to ANYONE who says you can't......................

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
lewpac;2526401 said:
I'm sure you'll do well. If I had any other skills, I'd apply them and do something else. I shoulda' finished college. If I could make $12,000.00 a month doing something else, trust me, I would. This economy, in construction, is killing me.
But, as it is, all I know is bartending, I can type, and I know the Painting industry. At 48, it's all I know. I'm making the best of it.
Mean time, living "day to day", I have a "playoff game" coming up this Sunday. Against my No. 1 HATE. I HATE the BEAGLES more than I HATE the SKINS or NINERS.
I will prosper. No doubt. And you will too. Have at it cuz, and don't listen to ANYONE who says you can't......................
So far, the only ones saying I can't are the banks who are scared of financing. I'll beat that though. My down is huge.

Mitcha68

Reaction score
Great post!

Thanks to you all. It's fun and educational being a member of the Zone.

It's been a rough year here too. I had a stroke in Feb of this year. I am fine and doing better everyday. No lasting effects except a weak arm. Thank God.
You guys (and ladies) keep me going!

Here's to 2009! :beer2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Mitcha68;2526416 said:
Great post!

It's been a rough year here too. I had a stroke in Feb of this year. I am fine and doing better everyday. No lasting effects except a weak arm. Thank God.

A stroke sounds scary as hell. Glad you are okay.

Mitcha68

Reaction score
Hostile;2526422 said:
A stroke sounds scary as hell. Glad you are okay.

Thanks Hos,

I'm bummed when the Cowboys lose but my arm helps me remember it's just a game.

notherbob

Reaction score
Mitcha68;2526416 said:
Great post!

If you want to avoid another stroke, eat a couple of cloves of garlic every day, raw or crushed and cooked, either way it will slicken your blood and not allow clots to form, (Garlic has strong anti-aggregatory properties - not recommended within seven days of any surgery.) thereby preventing strokes and heart attacks. Garlic also has none of the side effects of pharmaceutical blood thinner pills and reduces cholesterol and blood pressure and blood sugar some, too.

I'm not a doctor and I can't give any medical advice but I know a lot about garlic and I am personally acquainted with some of the world's most accomplished garlic research scientists and they keep me posted on the latest research results by Ph. Ds.

PM me if you want to know more.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
notherbob;2526513 said:
If you want to avoid another stroke, eat a couple of cloves of garlic every day, raw or crushed and cooked, either way it will slicken your blood and not allow clots to form, (Garlic has strong anti-aggregatory properties - not recommended within seven days of any surgery.) thereby preventing strokes and heart attacks. Garlic also has none of the side effects of pharmaceutical blood thinner pills and reduces cholesterol and blood pressure and blood sugar some, too.

I'm not a doctor and I can't give any medical advice but I know a lot about garlic and I am personally acquainted with some of the world's most accomplished garlic research scientists and they keep me posted on the latest research results by Ph. Ds.

PM me if you want to know more.
I want to tell people that if you have any interest in holistic healing methods talk to notherbob about garlic.

This man has seriously helped my Mom.

Reaction score
Man you guys are cool... 2008 was pretty rough for me as well, glad to have a place to come to get my mind off things.

notherbob

Reaction score
Hostile;2526571 said:
I want to tell people that if you have any interest in holistic healing methods talk to notherbob about garlic.

This man has seriously helped my Mom.

Thanks Hos, hope she is doing well.