Thanks - Fox 11 (West Coast) Will Show the Cowboys!!!

joe_cowboy

Reaction score
Thanks to all who helped and voted at the Fox 11 site. This community is awesome!

Now all I need is for the Cowboys to beat the bolts, which I think we can with a good game plan and few mistakes.

Shuttemdown41

Reaction score
Glad you get to see the game joe, I know over on a Bucs board another fan had done the same thing you did over here and I thought they might edge you out. Enjoy!

jaybird

Reaction score
Does anybody live in North Carloina area (Nags head)? I will be in the area that day was hoping the cowboys will be tvised in that area. Is this a nationally tvised game? If not I will be at Slammin Slammy's, I think they got NFL NETWORK, GOOD EATS TOO.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I voted for you too!

Curious if this was just for your area or the west coast as your thread states?

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
I voted for you too....Have a good time.

And as others have said before..Pony up and get the Ticket!

Letemburn

Reaction score
Well i would but since my mom is the manager at Insight Digital i get Digital at my place for free.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Man joe I am glad the voting is over I had it bookmarked and was voting like 3 times a day as long as it wasn;t telling me I already voted.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
i got one problem. i live in SF area, and they ALWAYS play 9ers games. I'll be at a sports bar. Might as well test out the new fake id

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
i got one problem. i live in SF area, and they ALWAYS play 9ers games. I'll be at a sports bar. Might as well test out the new fake id

I feel your pain I live in Northern Indiana, all I get to watch is the Bears, Lions, Packers and luckily the Colts. It gets really frustrating watching those crappy teams play every week! At least the Colts are fun to watch.

nathanlt

Reaction score
CactusCowboy said:
Get Direct TV and the Ticket!! You get ALL the games......:)

Unfortunately, it costs $2,200 dollars just to get Direct TV installed in Anchorage, Alaska. Plus, you get the privilege of a 6 foot dish. That does not include getting HD TV channels of any kind, that's another $1000 dollars and two more 4 foot dishes. It's ridiculous! Direct TV does give you a subsidy of $1000, but that just won't cut it!

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
nathanlt said:
Unfortunately, it costs $2,200 dollars just to get Direct TV installed in Anchorage, Alaska. Plus, you get the privilege of a 6 foot dish. That does not include getting HD TV channels of any kind, that's another $1000 dollars and two more 4 foot dishes. It's ridiculous! Direct TV does give you a subsidy of $1000, but that just won't cut it!

Ok I have to say it....Get out of Alaska! Just kidding.

Yikes...that's alot of money...Buy I would have to do it! :D

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:

Not just in SF Billy - I'm about 300 miles north and we get stuck with the 9ers games too. We won't be complaining Weeks 3 and 4 though, huh?

joe_cowboy

Reaction score
viman96 said:
I voted for you too!

Curious if this was just for your area or the west coast as your thread states?

I believe it is only for the LA area (also the OC, Orange County, and the IR, Inland Empire). If I remember correctly from when I lived in SD, Fox is a different channel.

When I wrote west coast, I was thinking Fox Sports West. Sorry for that confusion.

joe_cowboy

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Man joe I am glad the voting is over I had it bookmarked and was voting like 3 times a day as long as it wasn;t telling me I already voted.

I appreciate the help...I was voting about 10+ times per day (not too much time in front of the computer, but as active as time would allow).

It happened. Too bad the LA stations (Fox 11) don't realize that there a so many Cowboy fans in the area. When I go to sports bars, it seems that there are more Cowboys fans than other fans. And I see Cowboys stuff on the street all the time!

joe_cowboy

Reaction score
nathanlt said:

Holy moly! That is some real expense. Is it the same in Canada, or is Direct TV trying to take advantage of you? I figure if you got the bigger dish, it could work with the same decoder box, which is cheap. I am sure you researched it!

I can't justify to my wife that I need to spend $300 for Cowboy's games (usually don't watch too much of other games), especially with a baby on the way! I figure I will be able to watch at least 1/2 of the games at home, and go to sports bars for the other games. $20 bucks per sports bar visit is less than $300!

Sun 9/11 @ San Diego (FOX) 3:15 p.m. - Televised
Mon 9/19 Washington (ABC) 8:00 p.m. - Televised
Sun 9/25 @ San Francisco (FOX) 3:05 p.m. - Televised
Sun 10/2 @ Oakland (FOX) 3:15 p.m. - Televised
Sun 10/9 Philadelphia (FOX) 3:15 p.m. - Not sure
Sun 10/16 N.Y. Giants (FOX) Noon - Not sure
Sun 10/23 @ Seattle (FOX) 3:05 p.m. - Quite possible
Sun 10/30 Arizona (FOX) - Quite possible
Sun 11/6 BYE
Mon 11/14 @ Philadelphia (ABC) 8:00 p.m. - Televised
Sun 11/20 Detroit (FOX) Noon - Probably not
Thur 11/24 Denver (CBS) 3:15 p.m. - Televised
Sun 12/4 @ N.Y. Giants (FOX) Noon - Not sure
Sun 12/11 Kansas City (CBS) 3:15 p.m. - Not sure
Sun 12/18 @ Washington (FOX) Noon - Quite possible
Sat 12/24 @ Carolina (FOX) Noon - Not sure
Sun 1/1 St. Louis (ESPN) 7:30 p.m. - Televised

The first 4 should be televisied, with a few more now and again. After that, it will probably have a lot to do with how the Cowboys play.
Another Monday night game, Thanksgiving, and a Sunday night game. 2 more and that is 1/2 the season at home.

A winning record will get them more air time. Seems the Boys vs. the Eagles and Commanders games are often televised in LA.