Thanks Kellen Moore

JayFord

Reaction score
Idc whos calling the plays they need this kinda creativity EVERY week not just some weeks

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore deserve a lot of credit for last night but Richards was clearly running the defense last night and Rod took a back seat
. thank God

romothesavior

Reaction score
For the record, here are several reasons for tonight’s result that make imminently more sense than it was garret the last three weeks and Moore this week and the first three.

-Today was a different game. That simple.
-The team was at home.
-The team was motivated after being embarrassed.
-Team was in desperation mode after losing three straight.
-We ran into a team that was in worse shape
-The line was back together
-The receivers were back
If you thought the offense last night didn't look different compared to what we saw the last two weeks, we must have been watching different games.

And I don't mean "looked different" as in they played better. I mean "looked different" as in it was an entirely different offensive scheme and approach.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Moore deserve a lot of credit for last night but Richards was clearly running the defense last night and Rod took a back seat
. thank God
The team does NOT change play callers on either side of the ball week to week. Garrett is 100% about process and not reacting to bad results. Richard and Moore change how they call a game week to week rather than give it to a different person.

The GB game had great play calls they just ended in turnovers.

The Saints game they simplified due to crowd noise

The Jets game limited a lot without 2 OTs and 2 WRs.

No Cooper or Tyron have a DRAMATIC effect on this offense.

Defense is the same way. Eagles had no deep threat last night so the defense plays a lot differently when you don’t have to worry about 92 yard passes.

These coaches aren’t dumb. Games are more about execution than play calls. Fans like to think they’re being technical by pointing out coaches, but really shows how much lack of knowledge they have.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The team does NOT change play callers on either side of the ball week to week. Garrett is 100% about process and not reacting to bad results.

The GB game had great play calls they just ended in turnovers.

The Saints game they simplified due to crowd noise

The Jets game limited a lot without 2 OTs and 2 WRs.

No Cooper or Tyron have a DRAMATIC effect on this offense.

Defense is the same way. These coaches aren’t dumb. Games are more about execution than play calls. Fans like to think they’re being technical by pointing out coaches, but really shows how much lack of knowledge they have.
I

If you could not see the differences in schemes last night vs past weeks you beyond help.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
If you thought the offense last night didn't look different compared to what we saw the last two weeks, we must have been watching different games.

And I don't mean "looked different" as in they played better. I mean "looked different" as in it was an entirely different offensive scheme and approach.
Jerry said this week there is more flexibility in the offense this year. Their goal as they’ve stated is to emulate the Patriots which could be a 40 power run plays in 1 week and then go empty on 40 plays the next.

There’s a different approach every week based on opponent.

You can’t do as many outside runs like Tavons or the 2 play action rollouts if you don’t think the tackles will hold up. Being healthy and players not dropping the ball makes a world of difference.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I

If you could not see the differences in schemes last night vs past weeks you beyond help.
And there’s reasons for it. They don’t magically say this is the week we don’t want to be creative.

What was wrong with the approach vs the Packers? 568 yards says something’s working.

Jets were due to injuries.

Only “bad” approach was the Saints and that wasn’t bad, it was magnified by freak turnovers at the 50, and maybe over caution due to crowd noise.

Reaction score
KM put together a phenomenal game plan as did Rod. It's a good thing Garrett and JJ stayed out of the mix and didn't bumble things up this week like they did the previous 3.

I aint no Garrett fan but what I just wrote is based on nothing other than it sounded good while writing.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
KM put together a phenomenal game plan as did Rod. It's a good thing Garrett and JJ stayed out of the mix and didn't bumble things up this week like they did the previous 3.

I aint no Garrett fan but what I just wrote is based on nothing other than it sounded good while writing.

Here we go...Moore gets the credit because JG didn't meddle. Unreal.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
. thank God

"Clearly" ?

Based on some inside information you have? The Defensive Line (Rod's guys) played ball last night. If there was a weakness on the D last night, it was in the secondary (Richard's guys) as receivers were open at times (and thank god Wentz missed a few).

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny how when the team does well it’s Moore and when it does poorly it Garrett.

Did the naked bootleg throw to Jarwin in the end zone remind you of anything from JGs playbook? The new wrinkles Moore puts in the offense are pretty obvious. That said, I think the Eagles putrid secondary and LB core gets a lot of last night's credit.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Idc whos calling the plays they need this kinda creativity EVERY week not just some weeks
Oh I care alright......Garrett is like that mayhem guy in the commercials........he would rather lose using his scheme that has failed for years then win with Moore's and him getting the credit...........don't this warped way of thinking sound familiar?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Did the naked bootleg throw to Jarwin in the end zone remind you of anything from JGs playbook? The new wrinkles Moore puts in the offense are pretty obvious. That said, I think the Eagles putrid secondary and LB core gets a lot of last night's credit.
And if Moore calls that last week, Brandon Knight gets blown up and it fails.

When you have your full line and receivers available you can use the whole field.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Coaching wasn't the difference in this game, it was player execution, it was the entire team playing complementary football. Garrett did do a great job of clapping and showing confidence in his players. Giving Maher the green light to try that 63 yard FG was huge for the team's momentum. KM gets credit for calling a smart game. But it was the players executing that made the difference in the game.

CPanther95

Reaction score
I think it was just execution and/or the match up.

People were joking before the game that in a game where the Cowboys a playing a team they can't run against that also has a crap pass D, Garrett's game plan will be to stick with the run. Well that's what happened. The difference was that running turned out to be very effective.

The other "Garrett characteristic" is a failure to make adjustments. That could have been a problem last night, but there was obviously no need to adjust what they were doing .

I think we've seen the Garrett/Moore offense all season. It just doesn't work well against all teams.

peaveyman

Reaction score
Seems to me Garrett lost his re-control of the offense after a 3 game losing streak. It's quite obvious to me at least that the Garrett "footprints" were gone this game. Garrett was probably not happy Moore was letting it loose so he tried to reign it in. Big mistake. Look what happened tonight. Hopefully Garrett will understand he and his offense need to go sit in the back of the room for all eternity.
If Garrett is to the point that he can't look at the results and see the difference he's an idiot.