Thanks Time Warner, I Didnt Want To Watch Game Anyways

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HTownCowboysFan;1235618 said:
Jammer, my best friend's a Dr. in SC. How far are you from Greenwood?

I would say about 2.5 - 3 hours away.

CantonBound08

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;1235575 said:
For cripe's sake, I still don't get why this is such a big deal. Go to a sports bar or to a buddy's house that has DTV or Dish.

I'm certainly not trying to dis anyone, but if it were me, I would have switched services from cable to a sat way in advance.
Yeah, I should have switched a long time ago, but Time Warner was advertising that I would not miss any of my games. I live in Austin.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
CantonBound08;1235682 said:
Yeah, I should have switched a long time ago, but Time Warner was advertising that I would not miss any of my games. I live in Austin.

What's the deal? Money? I'm sure it is and that's a stupid question....

I sort of understand. I dropped cable a few years back and took on Dish Network -- because they were merging with DTV and they said they'd have the NFL Ticket. That didn't happen and I was screwed. I did switch to DTV since though.

Hell, just go to a Buffalo Wild Wings there in town. Y'all got 2 or 3, right? And Austin is full of sports bars. Good luck finding a place -- hope you see the game.

CantonBound08

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;1235688 said:
What's the deal? Money? I'm sure it is and that's a stupid question....

I sort of understand. I dropped cable a few years back and took on Dish Network -- because they were merging with DTV and they said they'd have the NFL Ticket. That didn't happen and I was screwed. I did switch to DTV since though.

Hell, just go to a Buffalo Wild Wings there in town. Y'all got 2 or 3, right? And Austin is full of sports bars. Good luck finding a place -- hope you see the game.
Actually, since they said I would not miss any of my games I assumed that was truthful though I had my doubts. I also was holding out hope that TW would pony up....Hooters is in my near future

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;1235596 said:
Hey, I mean no disrespect, but if you want to watch the game, do what you have to do. And you can always shower! ;)

Have to agree.

Before I got DirecTV I would hit the Sports bars every game that wasn't on local TV.

Didn't always like it...But the alternative was missing a Cowboys game...and that wasn't a option.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
dbair1967;1235513 said:
1) sports bars

2) directv

answer is pretty simple

David

no kidding.

it sucks, but it's one game. i used to have to go to a bar 10 times a year to see the cowboys....i think i can handle one lousy game.

suck it up.

TO THE BAR!!!!!!!!! :beer2:

Hoov

Reaction score
sometimes i prefer the bar and go even if i have the game on tv. im in good with the w/e bartender at the sportsbar 2 blocks from my house. wings and beer all night and my tab will be 20 bucks. And it will be fun wearing #31 in a bar full of eagles fans.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Beast_from_East;1235462 said:
Beast sure would like to thank Time Warner for not carrying NFL Network. Beast has not missed a game in 10 yrs, until tonight.
Don't complain to us call Time Warner and let them know. J/K go to a sports bar.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Beast_from_East;1235462 said:
Beast sure would like to thank Time Warner for not carrying NFL Network. Beast has not missed a game in 10 yrs, until tonight.

Girlfried says since game is not on we can go to the mail and shop. This is going to be great, fighting the crowds, finding parking, and shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond while the Boyz are playing.

Thanks again Time Warner:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm sorry, but, I don't feel sorry for anyone that cannot get the game. As a consumer, you have the choice to buy what you want, and in this case, it should have been DirecTV if you want to watch every Cowboy game...

Blame whoever you want, it was YOUR choice....providing you have a view of the Southern sky...

Rustinpeace21

Reaction score
or if your cell phone has internet connection, your set. When im at work, it works like a charm