thanks tony!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
bigE79;2473815 said:
And after we smack the giants around and he throws for 300 all this will mean nothing:star:

If he does that there will be threads putting him the HOF. :laugh1:

BruceWayne

Tennione72
Reaction score
triplets92;2473747 said:
no dude it's not excuses I'm just saying one week everybody here is talking about how great tony is then he goes into Pittsburge and do what many qb's has done aginst their defence and now all these people saying Tony sucks....it's called being a fickle fan

I don't care about what any other QB does in Pittsburg. That game yesterday was HUGE our D played lights out and to lose like that on a pick 6 is unacceptable. Now I'm not saying that he sucks cause I think he's a great QB but I'm not going to make excuses for him when he makes bonehead plays either. He has to play better in pressure situations for us to win.

triplets92

Reaction score
Tennione72;2473960 said:
I don't care about what any other QB does in Pittsburg. That game yesterday was HUGE our D played lights out and to lose like that on a pick 6 is unacceptable. Now I'm not saying that he sucks cause I think he's a great QB but I'm not going to make excuses for him when he makes bonehead plays either. He has to play better in pressure situations for us to win.

That's true he does have to make better reads in key moments of the game. But it's not just you who made comments doubting Tony Romo. The fans on this board are fickle and that's a fact

TwentyOne

Reaction score
thisisepic;2473569 said:
Yeah Romo is terrible, I say we start Bollinger next week. :rolleyes:

Romo is not terrible. He is a good QB who plays great football in meaningless games. But when the game is important he plays mediocre at best.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
CATCH17;2473779 said:
Tony did lose the game for us yesterday I admit.

But NFL Quarterbacks just do that sometimes. All of them.

This one just came at the wrong time. Romo left them in the game all day.

The sad part with Romo is it always comes at the wrong time when he takes his - lets call it - "intellectual break".

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
Aven8;2473598 said:
Change your Avator dude. You don't deserve it.
dont get me wrong, i love tony but he is a turnover machine. its sort of a love/hate relationship

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
In 36 career starts, there are only 3 games where Romo hasn't fumbled or thrown a pick. 2 of those games were in 2006.

In comparison, Vince Young started 29 games and also only had 3 games without and INT or a fumble.

That's bad company.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
OK, Lets trade Tony.
:mad:

For Who?????????

RIGHT NOW, WHO WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy gives his all and plays great most of the time. Yea he stunk it up last nite, but to dump him for another QB is just ridiculous.

He's a gunslinger like a QB that used to play up north awhile ago.
Who by the way throws a few INT's himself.

Nah, I'll stick with Tony and live with the ups and downs.

Its that Damn "What have you done for me lately" BS:cool:

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
cowboys#1;2473560 said:
nobody turns it over like you!

Actually, there a few QBs with higher turnover % (INTs + FumLost / Attempts).

I imagine you would be happier with one of the top guys in that area:

1. Chad Pennington 1.53%
2. Jason Campbell 1.69%
3. Jeff Garcia 1.85% (still has to play tonight though)
4. Kerry Collins 1.99%

29. Tony Romo 4.76%

So which of these guys would like to replace Romo with?

Before you make your choice maybe I can give you a couple more stats to help you:

TD%
26. Pennington 3.05%
28. Campbell 2.65%
27. Garcia 2.95%
24. Collins 3.13%

2. Romo 6.55% (Only Philip Rivers has a higher TD% at 6.86%).

With Romo, you get a guy who makes plays but he also makes mistakes. You can have a guy who doesn't make many mistakes but they tend to not make many big plays either.

Why don't people get this? :bang2:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
THUMPER;2474503 said:
Actually, there a few QBs with higher turnover % (INTs + FumLost / Attempts).

Why don't people get this? :bang2:

Yeah but Romo seems to have a nick for the right situation ;-)

btw i just remember a song as we talk about Romo, it goes like this...

"Killing me softly...."

30yrheel

Reaction score
TwentyOne;2474509 said:

"Killing me softly...."

it's one thing getting great stats against SF in the regular season.
it's another thing getting it done in big regular season games against playoff caliber teams, and in the post season.
that's what people are really complaining about.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
TwentyOne;2474509 said:

"Killing me softly...."

Yeah that 26-10 record of his just sucks doesn't it. Losing all those games like that, I hate him! :rolleyes:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Age requirement to start a thread ....... seriously think about it.

zeromaster

Reaction score
casmith07;2473570 said:
No way! Everyone's got to get their piece of the self-hate pie. They call themselves fans!?

I've got something for you "fans" of the Cowboys - go root for the Cardinals!
:starspin REAL FANS ONLY:starspin
We could have such an entertaining thread on the part in bold, but let's not and say we did...

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
TwentyOne;2474230 said:
The sad part with Romo is it always comes at the wrong time when he takes his - lets call it - "intellectual break".

Kinda like your post :rolleyes:

Spectre

Reaction score
Romo is a very, very good QB.
There is no QB in the league that I'd rather have right now.
I don't think he's the best in the league necessarily but his combination of playmaking ability and good personality off the field makes him my favorite QB.

That said, last night does rest on him and I'm glad he acknowledged that. The team was tremendous last night despite being without Barber and McBriar in a game that really stacked the odds against us. The defense was excellent (except Newman's big mistake).

The only problems I saw were the same thing I've witnessed all year for 2 years now.
1. Romo needs to protect the ball better. Especially late in the game and when the offense is outside of the 30 yard lines.
2. Garrett's playcalling is suspect. I'm not sure what the identity of this team is offensively as it changes every week it seems and never features the #2 or#3 wide receiver.
3. Roy Williams HAS to become more involved. Whether it's his own effort or Romo's inability to get him the ball or the plays just not calling his number. He is a threat in most situations and needs to be featured enough to get his and the team's confidence in him going.
4. The return game has to get something going for it as well. We can never count on these returns to do much for us. We NEED the field position, especially in defensive driven games where the offense can't seem to get much going such as last night's.