thanks tony!

The Panch

Reaction score
PullMyFinger;2474586 said:
His mentor does And Tony plays just like him.
And all he's done is cost his team post season success since that one SB.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
bigE79;2473815 said:
And after we smack the giants around and he throws for 300 all this will mean nothing:star:

Yes it will because we have to play good teams on the road in cold weather in the playoffs. This is not a good sign. Romo is great, truly great, in many ways, but he choked Sunday and this has got to end soon. If he throws what will be about 16-20 picks prorated this year and another 16-20 next year and does not win a playoff game or prevents us from getting in, well the organization has some pondering to do for 2010 and beyond.

30yrheel

Reaction score
And all he's done is cost his team post season success since that one SB.

Romo from Dec-Jan: 12 TDs, 17 INTs with 58.5% completion

stop confusing us with facts!

CowboysxSwagger

Reaction score
wow
you guys call your self fans?
you really were expecting a good game against that type of d?
lol your dumb
tony has played a challenging d in my opinion this week he will look better
well i hope

The Panch

Reaction score
CowboysxSwagger;2474647 said:
wow
lol your dumb
well i hope
His performance hardly had anything to do with the D. He was upright most of the game and had receivers open throughout. The coverage was good, the pressure was average and Romo made them look lights out.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
The Panch;2474654 said:
His performance hardly had anything to do with the D. He was upright most of the game and had receivers open throughout. The coverage was good, the pressure was average and Romo made them look lights out.

AMEN!!!!

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Romo had a bad game...no one is going to deny that, including him. You have to look at two of those pics and understand they were not all him. TO flat out stopped running on the first pic by Palamalu...then on the one to Witten...Witten slipped, now was it overthrown, maybe, but not as horrible as it seemed.

Why do most fans always assume it's the QB on every pic play???

I take Tony over most QB's in the league right now...he is not a machine, so take the good with the bad!

30yrheel

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic;2474739 said:
Romo had a bad game...no one is going to deny that, including him. You have to look at two of those pics and understand they were not all him. TO flat out stopped running on the first pic by Palamalu...then on the one to Witten...Witten slipped, now was it overthrown, maybe, but not as horrible as it seemed.

I take Tony over most QB's in the league right now...he is not a machine, so take the good with the bad!

i like tony over most nfl qb's, but he's got to improve in dec.-jan.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic;2474739 said:

Because most fans have never actually played football or at least never played QB at any level beyond the playground.

People think that the QB waits for someone to get open then throws the ball, that isn't how it works folks.

I played QB some and it is very tough when your receivers don't run the right route or pull up on a route. You have to throw the ball when they are still in their routes and hope that they end up where they are supposed to.

When they don't, the QB looks bad but it is usually not his fault. Owens is a terrible route runner and tends to quit on his routes a lot. You would think that after all these years of playing football that he would get it but he doesn't.

I've had some horrible games when I wasn't familiar with the receivers (threw 5 INTs in the first quarter one time! But came back to win it after throwing 6 TDs and ran for 2 more) and others where everything just seemed to click for me.

It is very hard to "see" the field sometimes and things like the weather can distract even them most experienced QB. I've seen the best QBs ever have horrible games in the cold or when it was wet.

Unless you've actually done it most don't have a clue what it takes.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
THUMPER;2474775 said:
Because most fans have never actually played football or at least never played QB at any level beyond the playground.

People think that the QB waits for someone to get open then throws the ball, that isn't how it works folks.

I played QB some and it is very tough when your receivers don't run the right route or pull up on a route. You have to throw the ball when they are still in their routes and hope that they end up where they are supposed to.

When they don't, the QB looks bad but it is usually not his fault. Owens is a terrible route runner and tends to quit on his routes a lot. You would think that after all these years of playing football that he would get it but he doesn't.

I've had some horrible games when I wasn't familiar with the receivers (threw 5 INTs in the first quarter one time! But came back to win it after throwing 6 TDs and ran for 2 more) and others where everything just seemed to click for me.

It is very hard to "see" the field sometimes and things like the weather can distract even them most experienced QB. I've seen the best QBs ever have horrible games in the cold or when it was wet.

Unless you've actually done it most don't have a clue what it takes.

I agree...I played QB in high school, so I guess I have a pretty good perspective and expect others to as well, but many don't...

Especially in an offense where timing is the foundation...if they are not there, or slip, fall etc...it makes the QB look like he is clueless, when actually the pass was money.

I guess I get tired of posts that make blanket non-sense comments.

IMO Tony made a few bad passes last night...slipped and went high. The biggest was under throwing TO on the scramble pic, but the others were not on Tony, but yet he gets 3 pics to his credit.

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
CowboysxSwagger;2474647 said:
wow
lol your dumb
well i hope
call him tony turnover. he is good for at least a pick and a fumble. i wish it weren't true. o well, hope he throws more tds then ints on sunday