That 70's Show star Danny Masterson sentenced to 30 years

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
What a turd!

That Church of Scientology sounds really great!
Don't think you want to associate the actions of someone to their religion. Almost every religion has some dark history from its members. Radical Muslims, the inquisition, etc...

A person's actions are their own.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Don't think you want to associate the actions of someone to their religion. Almost every religion has some dark history from its members. Radical Muslims, the inquisition, etc...

A person's actions are their own.
I agree, but in some cases, like this one, and the catholic priest scandal, the church is implicit in allowing it and covering it up.

teamrican1

Reaction score
Unless he's locked up by himself 24 hrs a day, he's not safe in a California prison. Protective custody yards, or SNY yards, are pretty much the new mainlines in Cali with all the ex-gang members who locked it up over dope debts, fear, etc. So much so they have established protective custody gangs like the 25ers, Independent Riders, Northern Riders, etc (which seems so stupid because they left the mainline only to come over to protective custody to do the same thing). Even though it's "protective custody", those dudes don't want to live with trash, and they don't have to go up to the chain of command to get permission to stab people; they just do it. He is going to get hurt REALLY badly.
I don't know. There was no evidence he did anything. Basically, some chick accused him of "raping" her 20 years ago and they gave him life on her word. It was 20 years ago so there is no way he could have defended himself. People in prison are going to rightly look at him as a victim. This was basically a witch trial. She might as well have accused him of turning her in to a newt. The "evidence" supporting it would have been exactly the same.

Traditionally cases like this wouldn't even go to trial due to statute of limitations. They eased that in California because they wanted to allow ACTUAL RAPE victims who were physically attacked and assaulted to be able to use DNA evidence to solve cold cases. It wasn't meant to allow some girl you dated 30 years ago to claim at some point in time something that happened in the bedroom that she was against or regretted later to file a charges and because it is 30 years ago you go away for life because you can't even remember the incident let alone defend yourself.

Praxit

Reaction score
..you'd figure, someone of his caliber wouldnt have drug a women to get exited upon.

Your status, money, resources. etc... would give many options. Dont mess with Oxxy.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
People in prison are going to rightly look at him as a victim. This was basically a witch trial.
Yeah, you could not be more wrong. They'll look at him as a victim alright - THEIR victim. He's going to be extorted, and eventually stabbed with those charges. They don't play around in CDCR, even on the SNY yards.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
I don't know. There was no evidence he did anything. Basically, some chick accused him of "raping" her 20 years ago and they gave him life on her word. It was 20 years ago so there is no way he could have defended himself. People in prison are going to rightly look at him as a victim. This was basically a witch trial. She might as well have accused him of turning her in to a newt. The "evidence" supporting it would have been exactly the same.

Traditionally cases like this wouldn't even go to trial due to statute of limitations. They eased that in California because they wanted to allow ACTUAL RAPE victims who were physically attacked and assaulted to be able to use DNA evidence to solve cold cases. It wasn't meant to allow some girl you dated 30 years ago to claim at some point in time something that happened in the bedroom that she was against or regretted later to file a charges and because it is 30 years ago you go away for life because you can't even remember the incident let alone defend yourself.
There wasn't one accuser, there were a total of 7.

While he was convicted on two counts of rape, Masterson has five accusers who allege that the Church of Scientology suppressed them from reporting the former actor, a lifelong member, to the LAPD. While the LAPD launched an investigation into Masterson in 2017, the actor furiously denied the women’s allegations, releasing a lengthy statement through his representative that disparaged the accusers and suggested they had only come forward because they’d been in contact with Leah Remini, who was then working on a television series speaking out against the Church of Scientology.

Two more victims also came forward with rape allegations that year, prompting Masterson’s agency to drop him and Netflix to fire him from The Ranch.

Five + two = seven. Also she did report it to the police in 2004, they did not pursue charges.

Jane Doe said she reported the incident to her Scientology ethics officer, understanding that reporting a Scientologist in good standing, like Masterson, would make her a “suppressive person” and “guilty of a high crime.” “My life would be over,” she told jurors, explaining that she feared expulsion. “My parents would have to disconnect from me. My daughter couldn’t go to school … I wouldn’t have anywhere to work or live. I wouldn’t have anywhere to go.” She said she later wrote to the church’s international justice chief and asked for permission to report Masterson, but was deterred. She reported the rape anyway in 2004, at which point she said she received a call from the chief telling her, “You have no idea how ****ed you are.” The LAPD did not pursue charges at the time, a decision Jane Doe No. 1 said left her feeling “scared.” She signed an NDA and accepted a $400,000 settlement from Masterson, citing pressure from the actor and the church.

The odds that he's some innocent victim are extremely small IMO.

Last edited:

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
To me if the accusation that he paid $400,000 to buy her silence can be proven it proves his guilt. She said it in court I doubt she made it up in court but I couldn't find on a google search that it was proven simply that she said it. I didn't see where his defense denied it either. 99% it happened.

Ok maybe, just maybe he's being extorted by a group of women that he knew from 20 years ago for no apparently reason....

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Danny should have gotten an audit and went clear.