That 70's Show star Danny Masterson sentenced to 30 years

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
IDK, I think he was a guy who could get pretty much any woman he wanted back then, without resorting to Cosby tactics.

OTOH, I'm curious how he could be found guilty and sentence to 30 years, without very strong evidence.

OTOOH, women never lie.

Oh, I don't know what to think.

If he did it, I'm glad he got nailed.

If he didn't do it, I feel bad for him.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
IDK, I think he was a guy who could get pretty much any woman he wanted back then, without resorting to Cosby tactics.

OTOH, I'm curious how he could be found guilty and sentence to 30 years, without very strong evidence.

OTOOH, women never lie.

The sideburns he was sporting in the show tells me how guilty he is

Very guilty

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Unless he's locked up by himself 24 hrs a day, he's not safe in a California prison. Protective custody yards, or SNY yards, are pretty much the new mainlines in Cali with all the ex-gang members who locked it up over dope debts, fear, etc. So much so they have established protective custody gangs like the 25ers, Independent Riders, Northern Riders, etc (which seems so stupid because they left the mainline only to come over to protective custody to do the same thing). Even though it's "protective custody", those dudes don't want to live with trash, and they don't have to go up to the chain of command to get permission to stab people; they just do it. He is going to get hurt REALLY badly.

Big_D

Reaction score

OTOOH, women never lie.

And it's 20 years later. The "process" seems ridiculous.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I was a teen in the early 70's. I NEVER liked "That 70's Show" or "Happy Days".
I always hated That 70's Show. I grew up in the 70s, and I felt that That 70's Show did a terrible job capturing that decade. It never felt like the 70s to me. Plus, their jokes were unfunny. I never really loved or hated Happy Days. My classmates all loved it, but I could take it or leave it. I'd bet there was someone who remembers the 50s who was saying the same thing about it, that "It doesn't capture the 50s."

This is still a shock. I'd bet there's all kinds of crap that goes down in Hollywood that most people don't know anything about. If indeed he did this crap, then he deserves what happened to him.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I always hated That 70's Show. I grew up in the 70s, and I felt that That 70's Show did a terrible job capturing that decade. It never felt like the 70s to me. Plus, their jokes were unfunny. I never really loved or hated Happy Days. My classmates all loved it, but I could take it or leave it. I'd bet there was someone who remembers the 50s who was saying the same thing about it, that "It doesn't capture the 50s."

This is still a shock. I'd bet there's all kinds of crap that goes down in Hollywood that most people don't know anything about. If indeed he did this crap, then he deserves what happened to him.
I grew up in the 70's, but not in Wisconsin. I'm sure the difference between my Northern Jersey upbringing and their Midwest culture was notable, but there were still some things I could relate to...being someone who started smoking weed in 7th grade.

The jokes were usually corny, but the scenes with Tommy Chong were pretty good.

As for Happy Days, it was only slightly cornier than the best sitcoms of the times, and the Fonz was and still is an icon...though more and more of the "cool" fades with every new Henry Winkler role.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I grew up in the 70's, but not in Wisconsin. I'm sure the difference between my Northern Jersey upbringing and their Midwest culture was notable, but there were still some things I could relate to...being someone who started smoking weed in 7th grade.

As for Happy Days, it was only slightly cornier than the best sitcoms of the times, and the Fonz was and still is an icon...though more and more of the "cool" fades with every new Henry Winkler role.
I would compare That 70’s Show to Friends. Nothing classic or LMAO-Hilarious, just a steady good consistent chemistry and talent from the cast supported by good enough writing. Decent mind candy sitcom with a few of the leads going on to bigger roles.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

IMO, the earlier Happy Days had their best shows. After a particular point, I think they were beating a dead horse, but kept going because the show was so popular. They did at least two seasons after the show no longer had legs.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
IMO, the earlier Happy Days had their best shows. After a particular point, I think they were beating a dead horse, but kept going because the show was so popular. They did at least two seasons after the show no longer had legs.
It was over when they introduced Mork.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would compare That 70’s Show to Friends. Nothing classic or LMAO-Hilarious, just a steady good consistent chemistry and talent from the cast supported by good enough writing. Decent mind candy sitcom with a few of the leads going on to bigger roles.
Gotta disagree. Friends is one of the funniest shows ever, IMO. The whole Ross and Rachel thing got beyond annoying, but Joey's idiocy, Phoebe's personality, Chandler's wit, Monica's neuroses, and Rachel's ridiculous hotness made that show great. I could do without Ross's self pity and whining.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Gotta disagree. Friends is one of the funniest shows ever, IMO. The whole Ross and Rachel thing got beyond annoying, but Joey's idiocy, Phoebe's personality, Chandler's wit, Monica's neuroses, and Rachel's ridiculous hotness made that show great. I could do without Ross's self pity and whining.
I thought of Friends the same way I thought of Sons of Anarchy.

I couldn't stand it. Absolutely couldn't stand it. Couldn't stand it every single week.