That game shouldn't have been close

Blackrain

Reaction score
It just goes to show you that a few untimely penalties and the officials missing calls in your behalf can really even out a game in a hurry.

176 yd rushing 200 and some yards passing no interceptions no fumbles no sacks our quarterback played pretty much a perfect game.

Our defense got I don't know how many sacks and a pick at the end of the game.

How could the game have been this close. With the personnel we had we couldn't really have played a better game. Jerry needs to use his power and influence and have a discussion with the powers to be in the league and go over those videos that show the officiating is flat out against us unless he's on board with it because it keeps viewers watching the game

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Nope.

Lamb catches that pass it's a TD. That's 7 points.
The refs do their job and call that PI in the endzone. That's 7 points.
The refs do their job and call that hold when they blocked Noah Brown on his route. That's AT LEAST 3 points.
When we were up 10 and Quinn for some reason decides to sit Parsons and Tank until the Giants get into FG range and then put them in. The Giants may not have gotten anything.

We should've won that game by AT LEAST 17.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not only needs to send those horrific calls to the NFL FO, but needs to pressure them as well somehow, or be in their ear constantly until thongs change.
MM needs to be in their ear during the game as well.

Now that OPI on the NYG seemed a bit far fetched, but no where near a make up call costing us a TD.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
16vvpp.jpg

RS12

Reaction score
As long as a game that shouldn't have been this close doesn't turn into a loss all is well. The game still went into the win column and it's a long season. Besides I don't mind Gnats and their fans hanging around in the game long enough to get their hearts broken by a game ending pick.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It just goes to show you that a few untimely penalties and the officials missing calls in your behalf can really even out a game in a hurry.

176 yd rushing 200 and some yards passing no interceptions no fumbles no sacks our quarterback played pretty much a perfect game.

How could the game have been this close. With the personnel we had we couldn't really have played a better game. Jerry needs to use his power and influence and have a discussion with the powers to be in the league and go over those videos that show the officiating is flat out against us unless he's on board with it because it keeps viewers watching the game

I THINK ALL OF OUR GAMES ARE CLOSE TO KEEP RATINGS UP

Sydla

Reaction score
Should have been but a few things

- The drop by Lamb was huge.
- The missed PI/hold on Brown cost us 7 most likely. Refs make bad calls/miss calls but that was so egregious, I am not sure how you miss something like that.
- Didn't we have a stupid false start again inside the 5 on our first or second drive
- Twice, Diggs had balls that easily could have been picked. He missed and the Giants turned at least one of those drives into points eventually.

Take those away, and that's anywhere from 13-17 more points IMO.

And that doesn't even take into account some of the dumb defensive penalties/plays we made that sustained Giants drives when we could have gotten off the field.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Nope.

Lamb catches that pass it's a TD. That's 7 points.
The refs do their job and call that PI in the endzone. That's 7 points.
The refs do their job and call that hold when they blocked Noah Brown on his route. That's AT LEAST 3 points.
When we were up 10 and Quinn for some reason decides to sit Parsons and Tank until the Giants get into FG range and then put them in. The Giants may not have gotten anything.

We should've won that game by AT LEAST 17.
The OP was on to something until he started talking about that Jerry conspiracy stuff at the end.

Dallas can't control the refs missed calls. But the flags they tend to pile up, are directly under their control. If we played a relatively clean game we could have won 26-10. Our flags gave them three points while taking three points away from us, IMO.

Jimcz

Reaction score

The refs control the game and more importantly Vegas! They did not see PI in the endzone?

Blackrain

Reaction score
The OP was on to something until he started talking about that Jerry conspiracy stuff at the end.

Dallas can't control the refs missed calls. But the flags they tend to pile up, are directly under their control. If we played a relatively clean game we could have won 26-10. Our flags gave them three points while taking three points away from us, IMO.

I don't think it's out of the realm of feasibility to believe that Jerry would do what he believed would be right for the league over what would be right for the Cowboys.

Look up why Jerry was inducted into the pro football Hall of Fame Jerry provides the NFL with leadership in marketing sponsorship television stadium management and labor negotiations.

Usually when something goes wrong for the Cowboys they flash to Jerry's box That was not happening last night with these no calls leads me to believe that the look on his face wasn't the one they were looking for.

There's no conspiracy theory it's just all about money and anyone who thinks that Jerry doesn't put money as the absolute top priority is really just kidding themselves.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not only needs to send those horrific calls to the NFL FO, but needs to pressure them as well somehow, or be in their ear constantly until thongs change.

Now that OPI on the NYG seemed a bit far fetched, but no where near a make up call costing us a TD.
I don't need to know when thongs change. They can keep that behind closed doors. :muttley:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

When ever I question a call, I always ask myself .... would we get called on it.
The answer always seems to come back YES>

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score

Money can change a lot of things. Gambling on games "The fix is in rumors". Attack the refs calls via a marketing campaign against the NFL being fixed like wrestling, the calls will straighten themselves out.