That non-PI call was the play of the game

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Witten had stopped right then and there at the point of contact, he'd have had it close to his body but still would have had to reach to the right. As it happened, he was still running to the left with no apparent intent to stop (with like a post-up or something).

Witten-Smith-R.gif

But if his adjustment makes him break his route it DOES increase the chance of incidental contact which is what I believe they deemed it here. The ball placement has to matter if it makes the receiver do something he clearly looked like he did not intend to do as part of his original route (reach back vs. keep running left).

Edit: I just noticed this but if you look at the base of the goal post as the camera pans down, the official there is looking left and isn't looking at Witten and Smith and only turns his head to watch the ball sail by. Random observation.
The contact was made just as Witten was barely starting to turn his head to look for the ball, so he hadn't yet had a chance to adjust before the contact was made.

In any case, I think this has run it's course. We are kind of going around in circles, plus I'm sure it gives the impression that I'm much more upset about the play than I am. I think it was a missed call, but calls are missed, and the entirety of the game isn't on this play.

Last edited:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
If a 12 year old schools you consistently, that would make you about 8.

As seen in this very thread, who follows who around while also posting pictures like a pre-teen looking to "even the score?" Those are the actions of one who's been schooled several times (and obviously scorned), not of one who does the schooling, you insecure buffoon.

Now get to work on your simple game recap that you'd better proofread 3 times to prevent from being shown an idiotic comment that you'll then defend to the death instead of admitting was wrong. And make this one a coloring book version to appease those on your level. Chop, chop.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The contact was made just as Witten was barely starting to turn his head to look for the ball, so he had yet had a chance to adjust before the contact was made.

In any case, I think this has run it's course. We are kind of going around in circles, plus I'm sure it gives the impression that I'm much more upset about the play than I am. I think it was a missed call, but calls are missed, and the entirety of the game isn't on this play.

I hear you and agreed. Agree to disagree.

Kaiser

Reaction score
As seen in this very thread, who follows who around while also posting pictures like a pre-teen looking to "even the score?"

You have over a dozen posts in this thread saying a HOF TE tripped over his own feet and a bunch of posters are telling you it was PI. That isn't me following you around, that is you hiding from my posts because you lose every time you try to argue.

And I love how you make fun of my Kaiser Roll threads and then post in every one of them.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Probably because he's been around long enough to it does no good.

I really wonder if the team or NFL has told the players not to complain. The calls have been really bad this year and it almost seems like the word went out somehow.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That isn't me following you around, that is you hiding from my posts because you lose every time you try to argue.

Hiding from your posts? Laughable. I'll show you hiding from posts:

Exhibit A: You lying trying to push a CONSPIRACY! theory and me busting you on it before you melt down like a toddler (while avoiding your lie)
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/i-am-sick-of-one-side-officiating.418118/page-13#post-8609949

Exhibit B: Me busting you in another lie about what I posted in your thread and you choosing to run when challenged on it.
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/kaiser-rolls-out-notes-on-eagles-game.443864/page-6

If you're going to make false accusations, it helps to not already have multiple lies attributed to you and documented as part of an established track record. But do keep trying to "even the score" from down there. Lol.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Witten had stopped right then and there at the point of contact, he'd have had it close to his body but still would have had to reach to the right. As it happened, he was still running to the left with no apparent intent to stop (with like a post-up or something).

But if his adjustment makes him break his route it DOES increase the chance of incidental contact which is what I believe they deemed it here. The ball placement has to matter if it makes the receiver do something he clearly looked like he did not intend to do as part of his original route (reach back vs. keep running left).

Edit: I just noticed this but if you look at the base of the goal post as the camera pans down, the official there is looking left and isn't looking at Witten and Smith and only turns his head to watch the ball sail by. Random observation.

The ball hits Witten's hand.

Witten's feet were to the right of the ball in this view.

Witten's head was to the left of the ball in this view.

If he were on his feet instead of falling, the ball is very close to being perfectly on target.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Hiding from your posts? Laughable. I'll show you hiding from posts:.

Why are you following me around?

I've given you the answer many times. If you are too stupid to understand a point and too lazy to find the answer, it doesn't mean I'm lying. It means you are stupid.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The ball hits Witten's hand.

Witten's feet were to the right of the ball in this view.

Witten's head was to the left of the ball in this view.

If he were on his feet instead of falling, the ball is very close to being perfectly on target.

When you slow it down to almost a stopped moment in time so you can't see the flow of the play it does look that way, but in real time he is moving to his left with full momentum and no apparent intention of stopping to make the catch there. Of course you know about leading a receiver. Same as Dak's throw behind Cooper on a ball Cooper tipped for an interception in the Packers game. It's on target if that's where you expected the ball to be. It clearly wasn't because Witten didn't pivot and sit at the top of his route - he kept running left, and Witten's unexpected adjustment (away from running left) increased his entanglement with Smith and led to them falling. If Witten wanted to stop at that point (which would have put the ball in his chest), he could have steadied himself to turn around when he put 2 hands on Smith plus box Smith out but you see him put two hands on him and then continue to make his way left. It's pretty clear to see where the ball was sensibly supposed to go (and in the open away from Cobb and 2 other Vikings). Pretending anything else is just seeing what you want to see and now trying to manipulate video to prove.

Witten-Smith-R.gif

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Why are you following me around?

I've given you the answer many times. If you are too stupid to understand a point and too lazy to find the answer, it doesn't mean I'm lying. It means you are stupid.

Same old tactic. When busted, just deny, deny, lie. Proof is right here in this very thread.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you slow it down to almost a stopped moment in time so you can't see the flow of the play it does look that way, but in real time he is moving to his left with full momentum and no apparent intention of stopping to make the catch there. Of course you know about leading a receiver. Same as Dak's throw behind Cooper on a ball Cooper tipped for an interception in the Packers game. It's on target if that's where you expected the ball to be. It clearly wasn't because Witten didn't pivot and sit at the top of his route - he kept running left, and Witten's unexpected adjustment (away from running left) increased his entanglement with Smith and led to them falling. If Witten wanted to stop at that point (which would have put the ball in his chest), he could have steadied himself to turn around when he put 2 hands on Smith plus box Smith out but you see him put two hands on him and then continue to make his way left. It's pretty clear to see where the ball was sensibly supposed to go (and in the open away from Cobb and 2 other Vikings). Pretending anything else is just seeing what you want to see and now trying to manipulate video to prove.

Nobody appears to agree with your version of the play.

Videos show what actually happened and make it difficult for you to BS about the play.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Nobody appears to agree with your version of the play.

Videos show what actually happened and make it difficult for you to BS about the play.

It's not convenient for most to agree with my version of the play since it didn't go our way but some agree it wasn't PI. Not that I needed validation anyways but whatever. As for your final sentence, I just said exactly that. You have video. I have video. Mine is the only one not slowed down to a crawl to sell a story though. It's like showing a still shot and calling something holding when the penalty is all about the motion of the play to make a determination.

From my video you can clearly see that Witten drops back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Lol.

Kaiser

Reaction score
It's not convenient for most to agree with my version of the play

Absolutely no one agrees with you that Witten tripped over his own feet because of your sheer brilliance and the fact that its BS.

But mostly because its BS.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
There were so many poor coaching decisions in this game.

Clearly, with three time outs there, Garrett should have tried to challenge that play.

There's of course the two straight runs when Zeke couldn't find any room all game.

There was the confusion on the punt return at the end of the game.

There was the fact that Pollard didn't get a single carry the entire game.

Oh, and let's not forget trying for a 57-yard field goal early in the game then punting from 3 yards closer for what would have been a 54-yard field goal. As a coach, at least be consistent.

There are some bad coaches in this league, but Garrett has to be bottom 5.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Oh, and let's not forget trying for a 57-yard field goal early in the game then punting from 3 yards closer for what would have been a 54-yard field goal. As a coach, at least be consistent.

Agree on everything above but Garrett is basically an average coach, we just focus on him more. I was actually fine with the FG attempt, Maher is pretty consistent from that range kicking at home.