The “Mediocre Bowl”: Keys for winning the game

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
It’s a lot bigger for them because if they lose they’re out. If we lose we still have a slim chance. It’s not a given that Philly beats the Giants in week 17 in NY because it took OT to beat them the last time. There’s going be a lot of pressure on Philly especially Carson Wentz who has yet to play in a playoff game.
Mathematically speaking, you’re right. Realistically I still think it’s an elimination game for both teams. I’d say it’s 95% certain the loser will be home in January.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Last game was 37-10 Cowboys. Yeah, we have certainly had their number as of late. But in the NFL, the past is not a reliable predictor of the future. The Cowboys haven’t won two games in a row since games 7 and 8. I think this game is going to be a very physical low scoring battle.
true

BUT that was the Eagles/NY games..So that bodes well for us..:)

I Predict a ugly dogfight both teams playing hard and trying to give the gam e to each other with mistakes back and forth.. we are 1.5 faves and it might just be a last minute score to win it by 1 or 2.. outdoors on the road is the ultimate leveler.. it pulls us even, the team that makes the least amount of negative plays, WINS..

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
PRESSURE!!!!
1079882500.jpg.0.jpg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Mathematically speaking, you’re right. Realistically I still think it’s an elimination game for both teams. I’d say it’s 95% certain the loser will be home in January.

Say what you will but it’s not an elimination game for both teams. It’s an absolute must win for Philly or they’re out. It’s possible the Cowboys beat Washington in the season finale and Philly loses to the Giants in New York. It’s not likely but it’s possible. It took OT just two weeks ago for Philly to pull out the game against the Giants in Philly. The bottom line is the Cowboys need to treat Sunday’s game like it is do or die and win.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Say what you will but it’s not an elimination game for both teams. It’s an absolute must win for Philly or they’re out. It’s possible the Cowboys beat Washington in the season finale and Philly loses to the Giants in New York. It’s not likely but it’s possible. It took OT just two weeks ago for Philly to pull out the game against the Giants in Philly. The bottom line is the Cowboys need to treat Sunday’s game like it is do or die and win.
No the elimination game will be the first round of the playoffs for whichever team wins the NFC Least.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
No the elimination game will be the first round of the playoffs for whichever team wins the NFC Least.

Not necessarily. The Cowboys didn't win the Super Bowl when they made the playoffs at 13-3, so you can throw regular season records out the window once the playoffs start.

It's highly unlikely the Cowboys go on a title run now; but then again, the 2011 Giants weren't supposed to, either.